Religious Intolerance?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Depsite showing a total ignorance of the practice of Buddhism, I think Mr. Hume shows an arrogant religious intolerance. Scary to me, coming from the Face of Fox News.(the video is at the bottom if the linked page)

Brit Hume To Tiger Woods: Convert To Christianity To Recover From Scandal (VIDEO)

Brit Hume To Tiger Woods: Convert To Christianity To Recover From Scandal (VIDEO)

Fox News' Brit Hume gave Tiger Woods some personal advice Sunday morning, telling the scandal-plagued (and Buddhist) golfer to 'turn to Christianity' to make a full recovery........

dj30905

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd expect this type of thing to come out of Fox News. That was way out of line. Sadly, many are under the assumption that those of a different faith have no morals or hope in life. What's even more scary is that there are a bunch of gun-totin', Bible-thumpin fundys out there who will eat this shit up and continue to ride Tiger's ass. Maybe he'll recover if people leave him alone, as a start.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh, that cutie Mr. Hume. Yup. Come to Jeebus and all yer woes will be a goin' away. And while yer at it, send him a hanky and ten bucks so he can "bless" it. He'll send it back containing magic powers to heal yer miseries and make you a spiritual millionaire. Yup. And if'n ya don't. Jeebus will spite thee with a mighty sword (pronounced sw-or-duh).

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and completely clueless "people of faith" are. Absolute tools.

Now I'm mad. I need to find someone to push down some stairs.

dj30905

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, that cutie Mr. Hume. Yup. Come to Jeebus and all yer woes will be a goin' away. And while yer at it, send him a hanky and ten bucks so he can "bless" it. He'll send it back containing magic powers to heal yer miseries and make you a spiritual millionaire. Yup. And if'n ya don't. Jeebus will spite thee with a mighty sword (pronounced sw-or-duh).

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and completely clueless "people of faith" are. Absolute tools.

Now I'm mad. I need to find someone to push down some stairs.

Aaayyymehnnah. Come to Jaysus and all yer problems are gon-ah. Them thar buddhists aint nuthin' but-a buncha hell-bound heatherns. Oh, we gotta help'm fore it's too late. (Never mind-ah our own houndin' him don't help)

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sorry, didn't what he said go AGAINST conservative values?

"Join some group and they can make it all better for you" seems to be what they always rail against the liberals for. I thought the conservatives were all about "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, work for what you get. earn it." Seems like Buddhism is more conservative, by Brit's definition, anyway.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Depsite showing a total ignorance of the practice of Buddhism, I think Mr. Hume shows an arrogant religious intolerance. Scary to me, coming from the Face of Fox News.(the video is at the bottom if the linked page)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/03/brit-hume-to-tiger-woods_n_409720.html

Fox News' Brit Hume gave Tiger Woods some personal advice Sunday morning, telling the scandal-plagued (and Buddhist) golfer to 'turn to Christianity' :rolleyes: to make a full recovery........

Oh, when does the world take advice from Brit Hume? :rolleyes:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just watched the "media matters" clip again. (I suppose I'm in need of pain this morning.) It just proves that FOX Not Network News is truly not a news network. It's merely a mouthpiece for the uneducated, superstitious, and weirder-than-600-sheep types. News? Don't think so. Still, thanks, Industrial strength, for posting links to the video. So far I've only pushed two people down the stairs today. That should last me about a month.

dj30905

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just watched the "media matters" clip again. (I suppose I'm in need of pain this morning.) It just proves that FOX Not Network News is truly not a news network. It's merely a mouthpiece for the uneducated, superstitious, and weirder-than-600-sheep types. News? Don't think so. Still, thanks, Industrial strength, for posting links to the video. So far I've only pushed two people down the stairs today. That should last me about a month.

This should say a lot about Fox News.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWJF1tXyt38

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, but how many of us challenge fundamentalits. There are Christians who hold faith with the basic teachings of Christ, and it seems they are the ones who are really discriminated against. I have frequently passed by, and stopped to listen, Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park, and it always amazes me at the eloquence and erudite nature of many speakers. Far more articulate and human than those fragrant honchos at Fox. Goebbles would have been proud of them.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
But religious intolerance goes both ways. The primary reason I cannot tolerate the uber religious -- those that insist the world be remade in their loony fantasy -- is because they are so deluded. Doesn't matter what religion. However, consider the following:

The Christian Anti-Defamation Commission just published their "Top Ten Anti-Christian Attacks Of 2009." As you would expect, us dirty queers made the list three times, and include the top two "attacks." (Note: all the wording in quotes comes directly from their list. The stuff in parens is mine.)

1. The Federal Hate Crimes Bill that attacks religious liberty and freedom of speech. For the first time in our history ministers are vulnerable to investigation and prosecution for telling the truth about homosexuality. (The warped truth according to them, 'cuz one man's hate is another man's love?)

2. President Obama's appointment of radical anti-Christians like homosexual activist Kevin Jennings as the "safe school czar;" pro-abortion advocate Kathleen Seblius made Secretary of Human and Health Services, and Chai Feldblum, pro-homosexual and anti-religious liberty judge nominated for Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. (Again, all are anti religious because they don't goose step to "them.")

7. The overt homosexual participation in Obama's presidential inaugural events by "Bishop" Vickie Eugene Robinson, the Gay Men's Chorus of Washington D. C., and a homosexual marching band. (Oh, when oh when with the Gay Men's Chorus boyze be accepted by the rest of genteel D.C. society?!!)

Unsurprisingly, the Christian Anti-Defamation Commission takes no responsibility for the murders, bullying, beatings, and firings of LGBT people, all done in the name of their religion on every single day of 2009. And from the international news this evening in Mexico, it appears Obama is the devil and should be hanged according to an incident in Plains, Georgia this morning when "good christians" were amused to see an effigy of Obama hanging from a noose above a downtown store front. Hmmm. . . Islamist extremists in Plains, GA? I seriously doubt it. Could it be that christian klansmen are bored and need better hobbies?

Last edited: