Religious Political Parties

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Pices2325@May 11 2005, 03:50 PM
I think there should be more religion in politics. If people followed the readings in the bible or torah, or whatever, I think people would be better people by following the pslams and commandments...i know many people will think this is entirely wrong, but thta is what i think.
[post=310245]Quoted post[/post]​
Yeah, well Bush clearly believes in Numbers 16:41-50.

There's a lot more divinely-ordered murder in the Bible. Are you sure we want that kind of morality? I can tell you just how far that can go.

Sorry if I'm a bitch, but that's just me.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by KinkGuy@May 11 2005, 01:51 PM
I think the religious conservatives are just a tool of the neo-cons and are being manipulated. The alter the neo's worship at isn't one of God, but a bank vault. And they are willing to "win" at all costs. In actuality, religion, the Bible, God and beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with it.

I think the free-market fanatics have a lot more sway with the White House than the neocons do. They persuaded Bush to wage a war he happened to agree with, but he hasn't exactly carried out their plan like they hoped.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by aloofman@May 11 2005, 09:47 PM
They persuaded Bush to wage a war he happened to agree with, but he hasn't exactly carried out their plan like they hoped.
[post=310321]Quoted post[/post]​

How so?
Seems like they are accomplishing everything they intended.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by KinkGuy@May 12 2005, 12:25 AM
Dr Rock,
I guess my "religious war" reference was based on the Nazi intent to wipe out an entire religious culture (the Jews) and purify the German race. To my limited way of thinking, that did in part, make it a religious war.
KG
[post=310256]Quoted post[/post]​
you shouldn't confuse the nazi holocaust with the second world war. hitler and his buddies were drawing up plans first to deport, then to exterminate, the jewish population of germany long before they realized that war with the european powers would become inevitable. furthermore it's worth bearing in mind that their rationale was a racially-oriented one - the fact that most people of jewish descent were also of jewish faith was technically just a coincidence as far as they were concerned, although obviously they were politically opposed to judaism (and many other religions) on principle anyway.

Pices2325

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+May 11 2005, 06:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; May 11 2005, 06:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KinkGuy@May 12 2005, 12:25 AM
I guess my "religious war" reference was based on the Nazi intent to wipe out an entire religious culture (the Jews) and purify the German race.

Don&#39;t confuse race with religion. Hitler&#39;s hatred of the Jews had less to do with the religion (Judaism) than with their Semitic ethnic origins. To Hitler&#39;s way of thinking, Semites weren&#39;t &#39;white&#39;, therefore they were inferior due to their &#39;race&#39;. He had a religious agenda as well, but that had little to do with the extermination of the Jews. Writings of Hitler that have recently come to light state that Christianity should be abolished because it was based on the teachings of Jesus, an illegitimate Jew. However, the religious war that it might have become didn&#39;t happen. His anti-Jewish propoganda promoted the supposed physical and mental deficiencies of those of Jewish ethnic descent. The irony is that Hitler himself might have been part Jewish ethnically. His grandmother, Maria Anna Schicklgruber, was employed by the Baron Rothschild in Vienna when Alois Hitler was conceived. It is entirely possible that a member of the Rothschild household was the one who knocked up Fräulein Schicklgruber, and that would make Alois Hitler, Adolf Hitler&#39;s father, half Jewish by blood. What is certain is that Maria Anna Schicklgruber was sent packing by the Rothschilds to avoid the scandal of having an unwed mother as a servant. Chancellor Dollfuß supposedly ordered an investigation of the Hitler family and dug up this piece of dirt, and Adolf Hitler knew about the report. Hitler&#39;s attempt to recover the document eventually culminated in the assassination of Dollfuß. Is it true? Who knows. What we do know is that he signed a statement upon his secret marriage to Eva Braun that he was of pure Aryan blood, and he could not have known that because he didn&#39;t know who his grandfather was.
[post=310264]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Not only did his "master plan" include the extermination of all Jews, but also, gypsies gays...etc. It is estimated that 6 million Jews died during the Holocaust, but that is just part of the 11 million total people that died during this time...Not to say that what he did to the Jews wasn&#39;t wrong, because it was VERY wrong, just that there were millions of other victims too.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
well, if we&#39;re gonna keep obsessing over the events of 60 years ago (and given the news this past week, it seems as if we are), let&#39;s not forget good ol&#39; Uncle Joe, who put that little jerk Adolf to shame by doing away with 40-50 million of his countrymen in prisons and gulags over 20 years or so (and that&#39;s not counting the 34 million german and soviet war casualties that he and Hitler managed between them).

now let&#39;s all sit around pretending like any of it could possibly be important or even slightly relevant in 2005. people really like to kill other people: if you&#39;re living here on earth, you&#39;d better get used to that real quick.