Religious shaming gay friend

m91/30_sniper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He keeps grabbing on to me for support ,but I wish I could just get it through him , that those religious people are hate themselves and want to bring others down with them ... any advice ?

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sometimes people come to you for a solution. Sometimes they come just to feel like they have been heard.

It sounds like your friend is the latter. So rather than get frustrated trying to solve his problem that he won't fix, just mirror his feelings back to him. In that way he will feel heard and validated. This in turn should make him less insecure.

Reactions: CUBE and chancesare

m91/30_sniper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mostly adults and teens he says. Shaming as in , their diety will make him suffer now and later as he passes. I think its christians , more likely jehovahs witnesses

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mostly adults and teens he says. Shaming as in , their diety will make him suffer now and later as he passes. I think its christians , more likely jehovahs witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses have rules against pretty much anyone who isn't a JW anyway so your friend is in good company lol!

Reactions: malakos

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I think when your friend gets confident in his own identity, the ability for others to push their identity on to him will weaken.

I remember being bullied in school for not believing in Santa Claus. Same thing really.

Markanddarlenne

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had a friend in school who was bullied we were in same home room this one guy would make fun of him because he was special/slow that don't matter I told the teacher he told me to care of it he'd turn his back I did he is still one of my best friends love him to death I don't stand for that crap

Your friend shouldn’t let other people keep him out of church or make him go. He needs to make the call on his own.

It sounds like your friend is hanging with the wrong crowd. He is going to need to learn to defend him. There will always be someone trying to tell him what to do, what to wear, whom to like, yada, yada, yada.

Recent survey of Christians under age of 25 where 75 percent said they were cool with gays. Recent survey reported on Goodmen Project site showing 50 percent of men admit to having what they considered a bi-sexual experience. Attitude and understanding is moving in his direction.

LICNYCgay

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You might point out how absurd his religion is. The supposedly “loving” god can only forgive you if he has blood. And so he sacrifices himself. Which is supposed to be this huge sacrifice, but then Jesus is god and has been around as long as god has, for eternity. So yeah, he had one spectacularly bad day, but one day compared to eternity? That’s less than a thousandth if a second. Actually less than a millionth of s second. I don’t see how that’s any sscrifice at all. And as he’s god, he never really died anyway.

And this is just barely touching on the vast absurdities of the Christian religion. He’s better off without it.

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The supposedly “loving” god can only forgive you if he has blood.

That isn't the common Jewish, Christian, or Muslim belief on atonement. So I don't know where you got that idea. Maybe it seems so absurd to you because you're incapable of understanding it?

but then Jesus is god and has been around as long as god has, for eternity. So yeah, he had one spectacularly bad day, but one day compared to eternity? That’s less than a thousandth if a second. Actually less than a millionth of s second.

And apparently neither do you understand the mainstream Christian belief on the nature of eternity. It's not an infinite expanse of time.

Reactions: 622675 and Silbot.

My friends are Christians and I haven't told them yet that I am a gay. On the topic of Sin and homosexuality they reckon that they love gays as people but they shouldn't do the action - basically remain virgins forever!! They also said, sometimes you want to punch someone but you don't carry it out, so the same should be with sexual desires!! MADNESS
Lukas

You have a very common situation with your Christian friends. Remember that most people are heterosexuals and live in a world that fits their needs. They have never been challenged to defend what they do or how they think in many areas of life.

It is worth your time to listen to what they have to say, but be aware that they don’t see the world as you do. Most of them are just repeating what they have been told and haven’t really worked through it for themselves.

In many ways it is like being left-handed. About 15 percent of all people are left-handed (about the same percentage as those who are primarily gay). Regrettably many, if not most items are designed for right-handers. Left-handers are just left to do the best they can. But left-handers eventually benefit from overcoming a right-handed world. They get smarter.

Your challenge is to allow the Christian belief system to work for you. That is what’s important. Keep asking your friends to explain their beliefs and you may be surprised how little they really know.

Reactions: lukas

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My friends are Christians and I haven't told them yet that I am a gay. On the topic of Sin and homosexuality they reckon that they love gays as people but they shouldn't do the action - basically remain virgins forever!! They also said, sometimes you want to punch someone but you don't carry it out, so the same should be with sexual desires!! MADNESS

The Bible says they shouldn't have blowjobs either but that doesn't stop them.

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As most would guess, I'm not particularly religious because I believe most religions are corrupted by those who teach it.

But I do believe there is someone to be thanked for designing a rectum the perfect size to take a penis and a prostate to make the experience even more enjoyable.

m91/30_sniper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Also this is what I came up with , wouldnt it be weird to have god's hateful eyes watching your every move in heaven ? That would be hell in my opinion ----- so yeah corrupted by those who teach it ----- and continues to corrupt even more

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would tell him the best idea possible for him would be to find a church that accepts him unconditionally, and cut those people out of his life.

Granted I can't profer that much more advice (as I can't remember the last time I met a religious gay person in either the UK or Germany), religious gays are frankly much more of a rareity in Europe. I've met nominal gay christians, jews, muslims and sikhs, but when you asked them about their religion, they didn't actually believe in any of it. For obvious reasons as well, it is an awful lot easier to accept your sexuality as an atheist.

LICNYCgay

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That isn't the common Jewish, Christian, or Muslim belief on atonement. So I don't know where you got that idea. Maybe it seems so absurd to you because you're incapable of understanding it?

And apparently neither do you understand the mainstream Christian belief on the nature of eternity. It's not an infinite expanse of time.
Then what, pray tell, is eternity? Enlighten me.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

LICNYCgay

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And yeah. Jewish religion god demanded a sacrifice to atone for sins. Animals. And the innovation with Christianity was instead of barbarically sacrificing animals to appease an angry god, god sent himself to be sacrificed to appease himself. Still barbaric, still demanding blood for atonement. And nonsensical.

Reactions: AlteredEgo