Relocate from London (UK) to New York???

snottybooger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am tired of Europe.... and especially London. I am sooo bored and think I can not be myself in London. There is something about English people that I adore and despise at the same time. I know it's terrible to judge a race, and I am not racist. I was born in London, in a mixed enviornment - so I believe my judgement to be somewhat accurate (my own opinion, of course.)

I just think I will be more happy in a more creative and dyanmic city. I think I prefer intergration, as opposed to multiculturalism.... I think NY offers that?

Am I being ignorant?

snottybooger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In a multicultural city, like London... people do their own shit regardless of everyone else. In an intergrated society, much like Canada, I think people have a certain common goal. Am I right in thinking NYC is simliar? In Europe, I think of France as similar, but I could not live in France...

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Good luck getting a visa. May not be the dream city u hope for though.
Sometimes the problems are with you rather than your surroundings. If thats the case then you'll take those issues with you. However, moving away from your home ground can be incredibly liberating. So go for it.

rover86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i don't think anyone's ever been upset or regretted moving to nyc. tons of stuff to do, people from every walk of life, a true cultural hotspot...

snottybooger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good luck getting a visa. May not be the dream city u hope for though.
Sometimes the problems are with you rather than your surroundings. If thats the case then you'll take those issues with you. However, moving away from your home ground can be incredibly liberating. So go for it.

from the kind of childood i have had, i have never really had a place called home. i do feel secure in my life, but i have traveled so much that i know issues/problems seldom go away when you relocate. however, i have never experienced north america and i just feel that new york has something to offer... but i am not quite sure.

snottybooger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i don't think anyone's ever been upset or regretted moving to nyc. tons of stuff to do, people from every walk of life, a true cultural hotspot...

yes this is pretty much the same as London. but i think there is a better drive in NY. if i go and check it out for some time before relocating, i might have a totally different experience if i just go. i guess thats the risk!

snottybooger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Always nice to try some place new. If you do move, I hope you are happy that you did and perhaps find what you thought was missing.

hmmmn.. interesting. people always ask me... what are you running from? i hate this question, because i always think... it's what i am running to.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
yes this is pretty much the same as London. but i think there is a better drive in NY. if i go and check it out for some time before relocating, i might have a totally different experience if i just go. i guess thats the risk!
Another factor is the health care system, you might want to make sure you have lots of money put away or a good job before you move.

rover86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
and if you move to nyc - get ready to spend a hefty dollar on EVERYTHING. london's bad, but the housing in nyc is ridiculous (unless you do borough)

snottybooger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and if you move to nyc - get ready to spend a hefty dollar on EVERYTHING. london's bad, but the housing in nyc is ridiculous (unless you do borough)

its hard to find a bedroom in a house in central london for under £100 per week, thats about US$200 per week... for a small room. excluding bills.

whats the difference?

rover86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
apartments in manhattan go from about 1800 - 25000 a month, and 1800 gets you a shithole... thats about £920 - £12000.

snottybooger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK, i am talking about a small bedroom in a shared house as a minimum. i just graduated from college so im not going to rent an apartment in manhattan just yet. of course, in london there are similar priced apartments. i was just wondering how the housing tenure was on a more basic level.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A small studio in Manhattan is probably over $3000 a month.

rover86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
you can sublet or live in a multi dwelling but i've never seen anything in manhattan for less than 1400 a month. and even the cockroaches dont wanna live there.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK, i am talking about a small bedroom in a shared house as a minimum. i just graduated from college so im not going to rent an apartment in manhattan just yet. of course, in london there are similar priced apartments. i was just wondering how the housing tenure was on a more basic level.

There are no houses in Manhattan. Townhomes are the closest and they are more like apartments. Check out Craigslist.http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/aap/
These cheap ones are probably just scams to get you to pay an application fee just to see the place.
Or they are in Harlem, which is up-and-coming

Last edited:

snottybooger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i dont know the geography of new york city, but i am assuming manhattan is the more expensive part of the city. i guess this may be similar to mayfair and knightsbridge/chelsea in london...

snottybooger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are no houses in Manhattan. Townhomes are the closest and they are more like apartments. Check out Craigslist.

yes i know what you're talking about now....

but i never suggested living in manhattan in the first place. i am a freshly graduated student with debts to pay off :frown1::frown1: