Remember Brad Davis from Midnight Express...

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by elegant20, Nov 5, 2009.

1. elegant20

Gold Member

Along with the music genius of Giorgio Moroder....but am I the only that was attracted to this guy? I know he passed away a while ago in the early 90s due to AIDS, but was he good looking or what? He sort of reminded a little as a 70s Brad Pitt, except much hairy than Pitt was when he started. It's a shame he died so young...and he is only known for a few movies.

2. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Brad Davis was sexy looking, i liked him!

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've always been far more impressed by Brad Davis' work in Querelle than Midnight Express. This short clip shows his astounding beauty and the bravery with which he threw himself into a career-destroying role.

4. curiouslan

curiouslan New Member

Two of the sexiest and hung actors in Querelle - Brad Davis and Franco Nero. Both show nice VPL in most of their movies. Love 'em both! Try not to miss any of their movies.

5. invisibleman

Gold Member

Brad Davis was attractive and so is his younger brother, Eugene "Gene" Davis. I have a couple of movies that Brad Davis appeared in: "Midnight Express", "Querelle" and "Rosalie Goes Shopping". And one that his brother Gene was in..."Ten To Midnight" with Charles Bronson and Andrew Stevens. Gene had a scandalous VPL scene in his grey undies in the beginning of the movie.

I really admired that Brad Davis took much career risks in playing really controversial roles at the time of his acting career while being honest about his HIV status. Even through all of that, his wife Susan Bluestein-Davis stood by him and with him.

Brad Davis was really hot in Querelle though. Those clothes he wore in that movie looked painted on. And he had some amazing VPLs and hairy chest shots that were really a big turn on. He kissed a few guys, jerked off one, masturbated in a madam's room and got fucked by a really big black guy. Franco Nero...I don't know if that was acting. I don't think any of them did Querelle for the paycheck.

6. elegant20

Gold Member

You know, invisibleman, I nearly forgotten about Querelle. Shame on me. I have it on VHS, though. Quality has decreased since I overused it over the years...:biggrin1:

7. thee1

Gold Member

Wow he is HOT in that scene from Querelle. Speaking of his brother Gene, here are some fully nude clips of him from Ten to Midnight. There are tons of great ass shots and even some quick frontal glimpses. Watch the first video from 8:13 on, and the second in its entirety. You'll also see the future Mrs. John Travolta Kelly Preston, and Ola Ray from Michael Jackson's Thrller video, but be warned, the scenes are pretty violent.

YouTube - 10 to midnight 8/9

YouTube - 10 to midnight 9/9

8. polarbear

polarbear Member

Albums:
    Loved Brad in his Jockey briefs in Midnight Express.

9. invisibleman

Gold Member

YOU GOT TO GET THE DVD version of QUERELLE!!!! You get to see Brad Davis and that black guy actually in a compromising way. The VHS version the scene with Querelle and Nono was edited...big time. I was so mad I threw my VHS version of Querelle away.

#9 invisibleman, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  10. elegant20

Gold Member

I would get it. I promise.

11. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Brad was so hot. HOW I perved on him as a teenager. I was so upset when he died from AIDS and if I remember correctly didn't tell his wife. He was a troubled man. Unfort.

12. Meniscus

Gold Member

Midnight Express was an important movie in my personal history because it included homoerotic themes, even though Brad's character ultimately rejects the pass his friend makes at him (unlike the real life person he was playing). But as I recall, the does accept a kiss, and even some touching before shaking his head "no." As a gay kid, that was meaningful for me to see.

As for Gene Davis in 10 to Midnight, I first saw that at a sleepover at my friend Nate's house. Part of the fun of a sleepover is deliberately staying up to ridiculous hours, long beyond the normal bedtime for a kid, then sleeping away the next day. Anyway, we always struggled to find something decent on TV to watch, and it seemed like we were often stuck with Charles Bronson movies. Most of them I did not enjoy and found mostly unmemorable, but 10 to Midnight stuck with me. Gene had a great bod, that was easy on the eyes, even though his character came across as an entirely unlikeable and unforgiveable creep.

13. elegant20

Gold Member

You took me back to memory lane, Meniscus. I totally agree with 100 percent on Midnight Express.

14. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

yeah, he was a bi-sexual. :tongue:

15. elegant20

Gold Member

Well, he did say, "Didn't someone once said everyone's bisexual deep down inside?"

16. nottabad_50

nottabad_50 New Member

Brad was HOT....

17. Satsfakshun

Satsfakshun Member

It was also Oliver Stone's first produced screenplay for which he won an Oscar.

18. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    It was for me as well. But for different reasons. After seeing that movie I just had to go and within 1 year I was in Istanbul. Far too young in a dangerous place (at the time), running around getting chased through the streets by the jandarma with communist students we had met. We were pretty stupid until the army took over and reality struck.

And yes, Brad was hot.

19. FleshFan69

FleshFan69 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Brad Davis was a stunning and charismatic actor. He's one of my all-time favourites. For me a combination of Brad Pitt, James Dean and Joe Dallesandro. I saw "Querelle" first and then "Midnight Express." After that, I searched continually for whatever his next project would be. Although, I never saw it, he notably was in the stage play "The Normal Heart."
    He didn't die of AIDS but assisted suicide by injection.
    His reason for doing "Querelle" was certainly working with Fassbinder and Jeanne Moreau. I think being a part of a true cinematic legacy of an auteur (and have it be allegedly "career-ending") is far more important to him than being film cotton candy.

Draft saved Draft deleted