Remember dreams

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_tallbig, Nov 26, 2007.

1. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Do you guys remembers all or most your dreams? In my case i usually dont remember my dreams.

2. D_Landrocke DeLonguepiece III

No, I am not much for remembering my dreams. However, my wife remembers everything of her dreams and can tell you details days or even years later. weird.

3. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Wow your wife got a good retentive or memory.

4. aliveboi

aliveboi New Member

I remember a lot of my dreams with great detail. I've read that you can train yourself to be better at remembering dreams. One thing I read suggested trying to recall your dreams before getting out of bed because the act of moving and getting out of bed caused to to rapidly lose the memories. Others suggest keeping a journal of your dreams (but that seems to be a lot of work and I've never done that).

I find that I do talk a lot about my dreams with my friends, so over the years I've likely gotten into the habit of remembering more and more detail.

5. Northland

Gold Member

Just last night as I lay huddled under the covers sleeping peacefully; a powerful dream crept into my brain and shook me soundly to the core. Let me tell you about it-

A warmer than usual springtime had turned into a wet and cold summer at which time the trees in chaotic confusion began to shed their leaves. It was around that time that The Prado announced it was selling all of its artwork to OPEC. OPEC in turn announced that they were donating these masterpieces to an organization intent on destroying prison reform. Well, as can be imagined- it was a dream after all:smile:- one thing led to another and yet another and... (you get the idea)... soon it was revealed that this was all part of a masterplan created by none other than Jar Jar Binks! It turns out that Jar Jar was still in shock at having been given the axe by the evil emperor George Lucas and knew that this would really give him grief. Strangely George Lucas- unavailable for comment at this time- refused to be cowed and retaliated! At two monogubliants past midnight; Lucas began work on Star Wars 88: The Emperor Weds.

My dreamscape evolved and found me sitting in the 3rd pew of Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows New Bapthic Church (formed when the Baptists and Catholics united as one). As the fife music began playing, George Lucas stood at the rear of the church and with his eyes glassy with tears, his soon to be betrothed started to creep up the aisle. Gasps errupted from throughout as everyone recognized Yoda- yes THE Yoda- coming slowly along with none other than Indiana Jones (look, it's my dream and I can mix and match Lucas characters any way I damned well please). As they approached the back of the church (yes the Bapthics prefer to start at the front and work towards the rear), Yoda turned into actor Frank Oz. It became clear why Lucas was hell bent on marrying this man- they make a dreamy couple (which is once again good seeing as how this was a dream).

The nuptials proceeded and then there was a four day reception- with orgy:smile:- after which all Wookies were banished to a land far far away (no, not back to Kashyyk) where they were to serve as jousting partners for surviving cast members of American Graffitti and assorted Ewoks.

Sad to say I awoke at about that time and had a frightul need to rush to the toilet and piss. Hopefully tonight the dream will pickup where it left off and I can find out where the Wookies went.

6. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Wow awesome dream and is remarkable that you remember it in such detail.

7. Northland

Gold Member

I remember most dreams- it may be due to not being a sound sleeper and often awakening during the dream; which, is always the best way for me to remember the entire landscape of the dream. I write down the details of those which are more exciting to me.

8. _avg_

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had a series of memorable dreams last night that i just finished writing in my dream log. Sometimes, they are recurring and I "revisit" them days or weeks later, but usually they're just random events and/or characters from my recent life.

9. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

10. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't remember my dreams as often if I don't jot them down on paper right away when I wake up in the morning. The more significant ones are usually preparation for something i'm about to encounter or a hurdle I need to jump.

11. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Very seldom do I remember my dreams, most times just bits & pieces.

12. unzipped

Gold Member

Albums:
    I remember most of mine.. mainly, the lavish rich technicolor epics with grand soundtracks and all!!

uz

13. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes i remember some of my dreams. Ive even had a nightmare in the sun. One of the worst dreams ive ever had.

Draft saved Draft deleted