Remembering Jason_els

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Nick8, Jan 18, 2012.

1. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    As inconceivable as it seems, it was two years ago today that Jason_els died of esophageal cancer after a long and difficult battle and only a month after having been declared tumor-free. Two years is an eon in lpsg time and many here now will not have known him but those who did likely remember him as incomparable.

Not a day goes by that I don't miss his compassion, intelligence, kindness and wise counsel. He had an ability to at once be entirely within himself and fully outside, innately understanding the widest range of human situations. His breadth of his knowledge and his skill in written communication were near legendary. He was an entirely authentic, good man. If you didn't know him, look for his posts in older threads; most were extraordinary.

Certainly my life, and lpsg's as well, I think, are much poorer for his passing. I'm spending today remembering and thinking of him.

#1 B_Nick8, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. bigjay

bigjay Member

can u direct me to some of his post?

3. D_Budd_Hert

D_Budd_Hert New Member

* hugs ! Nick * Yeah I didnt know Jason as well as alot of members here . But I do remember what a BIG Hearted king Soul he was. Anytime he was in the OLD chatroom , he and I would have our small talk ,always greeting me and inviting me over to visit him. Hell of a Man , never negative ,Id say as far as the chat side of him ? Shy ! very shy but very down to earth...................not trying to take the spotlight away from Jason ? but Mattness's BDay and memorial are coming up shortly.... 2 Great KindHearted very intelligent men that will be missed by those who knew and Lost for those that don't......

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

I wish I could but I don't think there's any way to look him up as a member. The mods deactivated (I guess is the right word) his account a few weeks after his death so unless you come across one of his posts I think you're out of luck.

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

6. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

I had no idea there was a way to do this, MB, even one this indirect. Thanks. I'll remember it.

7. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Jason, you are not forgotten.

I'll light some candles for you today.

8. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Those two years have gone quickly. :/

His contribution on here is still missed.

9. D_Jacqueline_Boozann

Albums:
    I did'nt know Jason, but may he rest in peace. May his family and friends find solace and comfort in knowing that he contributed much to society, and the appreciative people who loved and adored him.

10. keltic0409

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, I remember when Jason_els passed. I also remember that you was so very caring to him. Thanks for being so big hearted.

11. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I didn't know him and in some ways, feel bad to comment on someone I didn't know, but I've read some of his posts and can see he was a good-hearted, intelligent person. I like his writing style, too. I've heard people speak of him before - he's clearly missed by many people. All I can say is, I'm sad I didn't get the chance to meet him.

12. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

You would have loved him as much as we do.
    Honestly I don't think I've come across a person who was as genuinely nice as Jason.

Cancer has taken far too many of the worlds bright lights.

13. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm sure I'd like him. The world is made a better place by those few, beyond-lovely people. It really is a shame when good people are taken away like that. :frown1:

14. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, how I miss his insight. He could always see both sides of an argument, and was careful not to demean those on the other side of whatever opinion he formulated.
    He may be gone, but he is not, and never will be, forgotten. He will be forevermore missed.

Those wishing to read his posts, may do so here, in chronological order, beginning with his first post ever. There's a LOT to read through, though, and all of it very worthwhile.

15. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

::pours a shot of whiskey::
    Cheers to you Jason, you were an incredible man and I miss our conversations very much! The waves you created continue to reverberate years later.

16. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I sometimes wonder whether a sense of loss makes people's contribution to life seem better than it was at the time, but in this instance I'd say definitely not. I remember being pretty taken aback and impressed at the time. :) Just sayin.

17. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    He stays forever in my heart.

We met up in NYC a few years ago (a year before his death). We decided to go the Eagle together, as Jason was into that sort of thing (or he thought he was LOL.) It was a night I will never ever forget.

I love you Jason_els! You were the best and still are.:smile:

18. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Thanks so much for that, JBT. Was that something always available that I somehow missed or did you just set it up? I know his sister, especially, will want to read it particularly as she lost their father to a sudden heart attack just this July.

Much appreciated.

19. FleshlightMouth

Gold Member

Albums:
    Right there with you, Nick and BigBull :cool:

20. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is a special power of mine... No, really, all I did was go to advanced search -> search for posts by user name, enter his name, change the "find posts from" field to "a year ago" "and older" and set "sort results by" "thread start date" "in ascending order".

But it sounds cooler when I say it's a special power.

Anyway, you're welcome, and I hope Jason's sister gets as much out of his posts as I have, and more. *big hugs*

Draft saved Draft deleted