Removal of the clitoral hood

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is a site I found when looking for info about labiaplasty. (it was in that search that I found a link to this site).

This explains the removal of the prepuce or hood of the clitoris. I don't think I agree with this, I tend to think we have these parts for a reason, but adults are free to do as they wish.
I suppose if there were a situation where she just wasn't being stimulated at all, it would be worth it. But it's just so damn final. :eek:

There are photos at the bottom.

http://www.circlist.com/femalecirc/anatfemale.html

mdc

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The labiaplasty results look worse than the hood removal. I can't imagine why a woman would want either.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife watches an E! network show called Dr. 90210 in which a Beverly Hills physician, Dr. Gary Alter, actually specializes in labia reduction surgery. For a man like me who loves women with well developed labia minora it seems to be an expensive way for a woman look like a pre-pubescent again.

Make my woman a blond with well developed genitals, thank you.

Karen M

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That's kind of a scary idea! Mumzi, I think you're right, if a woman was getting no stimulation at all, I suppose there would be a purpose to it, but would continuous stimulation be any better? I mean, really, I'm all for arousal, but, no thanks!

:smile: Karen

Roadster Steve

Experimental Member
Media
Mumsi et al,

This is hogwash and nothing but Barbarism. This work should be left to the butchers it the cultures that still practice destroying women's sexuality as part of their "beliefs". I can not believe there is an interest in this.

Mengele would be very proud! And guess who's crying all the way to the BANK!
The "good" doctors. They can buy that new Lexus now.

Please don't cut yourselves up. xo Steve

cinnakitty

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Does anyone know anything about going totally the other way and enlarging the clitoral hood? I've always felt there should be a little bit more there for me. I also have teeny labia minora,maybe it goes with that?:confused:

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
cinnakitty said:
Does anyone know anything about going totally the other way and enlarging the clitoral hood? I've always felt there should be a little bit more there for me. I also have teeny labia minora,maybe it goes with that?:confused:
There are labia stretching techniques. I have no knowledge, just that it can be done.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorcerer said:
There are labia stretching techniques. I have no knowledge, just that it can be done.

Indeed, there are even a whole set of forums dedicated to it that may be of interest:

http://labiastretching.com/

*confesses that the promise of 'pictures' in Mumzi's link means that he still hasn't summoned the courage to look* :rolleyes:

cinnakitty

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hmmm...I'm quite happy to have tiny lips...just the clitoral hood thing interested me really although thank you for the link :)

cinnakitty

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sorcerer said:
Look what these women go through to have labia like yours...

I know...sad really. I don't want any bits cutting off thanks, although I guess I look like i have had already...

Roadster Steve

Experimental Member
Media
LPSGroupers, here's a small post about length,

I'm a newbie here and also completely new to the world of web Forums and Chat.

I feel very strongly about issues around male and female circumcision and related topics. Are these threads open to lengthy posts. Or is it really more for one liners?

It's not a Masters Thesis or anything, but, it's opinionated and longer than most replys I've so far seen throught the topics I've had the time to read. I got on a roll with it as the topic pushs my buttons, and I figure it's a kinda take it or leave, ignore me and move to the next reply kinda of space. I thought I'd ask, especially the women here on this thread, first before sending you a doosy!

Thanks Steve

P.S. Thank you L.K.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Roadster Steve said:
I feel very strongly about issues around male and female circumcision and related topics. Are these threads open to lengthy posts. Or is it really more for one liners?

It's good to have people on any forum who feel passionate about issues, Steve, especially an issue like this. Argue your case, provide facts, links, opinions... that's always good. However, ultimately, people are free to respond in as much or as little detail as they wish. Just because someone posts a one-liner, it doesn't mean that they're not offering an opinion. Equally, just because someone posts an insightful 7-paragraph exposé, it doesn't mean anyone else will ever respond to it. The best advice with regard to forum etiquette, imho, is: post whatever's in your heart that you feel you wish to contribute. That way you've done justice to yourself. And even if it doesn't inaugurate instant debate; that doesn't mean it won't provide a major insight in anyone lurking, or that it won't prompt a debate days, weeks or even months down the line if someone reads it and chooses to bump the thread.

Mumzi was presenting the information of this phenomenon's existence here for people to comment on, positively, analytically, or negatively. Ergo, you're free to do just that. No need to hold back around here. :smile:

Roadster Steve

Experimental Member
Media
Thank you very much Alex,

Worried not only about protocol, but also about my tendency to go off on tangents. The High School Year Book voted me "Most Likely To Get Of On A Tangent". I like the "Get Off" part.

For instance in the thread about men with three balls, after writing a cheap and tawdry story about the subject, I just went off on the idea of "correcting" a little boy, with surgery, for something the size of an almond, that for all he new could have been the only potent testicle he had, or later in his life, not only would delight himself, but another as well. And on, and on into circumcision, etc. till I stopped and thought better of posting it. I'll keep it for awile and see if it fits in better elsewhere.

I will post my cheap and tawdry 3 Balls story though. It's a fun one. And a silly Limerick to go with it. After I spellcheck.

Also, not having a clue how these things work, I wondered if there was even room within the very window. Today I found some posts much longer than mine, and a few other things, much, much longer than mine, & now I'm over it!

So bombs away! -Steve

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
cinnakitty said:
Hmmm...I'm quite happy to have tiny lips...just the clitoral hood thing interested me really although thank you for the link :)

Yea, I do too. When I saw that article I had to grab a mirror and check. I sure don't remember having excess lips, and I don't. Some of this may be hereditary.
Elarging the hood; I would have no idea. I am far too sensitive to even pull at it.
My husband can pull the skin above and that will retract the hood; but he can't touch the exposed clit with his finger, it's just painful. He can with his tongue though.

I can't imagine what it would be like not to have the hood there. Can you imagine siting in a tight pair of jeans? Or swimming in a one piece suit and the crotch rides up.....no, no thanks!

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorcerer said:
Look what these women go through to have labia like yours...

Yes, very true! And the site on pumping, maybe I'm just getting old, but I just kept thinking "why"? I suppose the answer would be "because I want to"? :confused:

I agree that circumcision in male or female is a touchy subject. But it should only be done by a consenting adult.
My hubby has a foreskin and I really don't know what a penis looks like without one.
I'm sure I saw former partners, but I was very young and didn't really 'look'.
I've looked at the gallery and now I've seen quite a few who were circumcised. There is almost no difference when erect. Except that the area behind the glans is fuller, as that is the rolled back foreskin.
Oh yes, you can play 'peek-a-boo' with it!

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mumzi, I just took at that website link in your first message, and it turns out to be a wack job physician in Toronto, Canada named Dr. Robert H. Stubbs who actually specializes in phalloplasty. A while back he was boasting that he could give the phallically under-endowed an additional 3" with surgical cutting of the suspensory and fundiform ligaments followed by a program of weights. In the U.S., most of these opportunistic penile enlargement doctors have been discredited and many are being sued up the kazoo.

The penile surgical enhancement business depends on several factors; desperation, desire and the naiive belief in the advancement of the medical state-of-the-art on the part of the patient, and often times unscrupulous pressure tactics on the part of the clinics. Often the doctors are mediocre surgeons at best who are promoted by slick marketing men in the front office. This is a costly procedure ($10-20,000 u.s.) that has bad news written all over it.

I realize this is a labiaplasty thread but just thought I'd give my two cents worth.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thirteenbyseven said:
Mumzi, I just took at that website link in your first message, and it turns out to be a wack job physician in Toronto, Canada named Dr. Robert H. Stubbs who actually specializes in phalloplasty. A while back he was boasting that he could give the phallically under-endowed an additional 3" with surgical cutting of the suspensory and fundiform ligaments followed by a program of weights. In the U.S., most of these opportunistic penile enlargement doctors have been discredited and many are being sued up the kazoo.

The penile surgical enhancement business depends on several factors; desperation, desire and the naiive belief in the advancement of the medical state-of-the-art on the part of the patient, and often times unscrupulous pressure tactics on the part of the clinics. Often the doctors are mediocre surgeons at best who are promoted by slick marketing men in the front office. This is a costly procedure ($10-20,000 u.s.) that has bad news written all over it.

I realize this is a labiaplasty thread but just thought I'd give my two cents worth.

A very painful thread to read. Ouch.