rename to Bush/Cheney Wars

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not at all. You're welcome.

Maybe to improve the forum we should think about having a quiz to test one's basic knowledge in civics and the three R's. We could offer remedial courses to those that want to participate but can't score over 50%.

It is usually not a good business practice to insult or belittle your customers.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It is usually not a good business practice to insult or belittle your customers.

Some of the customers insult and belittle the staff first. And coming from someone who worked retail for years, I can say with absolute certainty that the customer is not always right.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

If anyone feels belittled, I apologize. However I expect that the people I engage in discussion with to have the ability to follow a reasonable line of discourse. If it is pointed out to them that they made a basic factual error, such as asserting that GW Bush left office in 2008 instead of 2009, and then basing further argument on that 'fact', it's not too much to expect them to acknowledge the error and move on. No one here is perfect and we all can learn from each other. If we can be muture enough to say, "oops, my bad", then no one else would care and in fact doing that (admitting a mistake), gains you a lot of cred with the members.

If someone is just here to stake out a position and defend it at all cost, no matter what the facts are, or if they are posting only for the purpose of evoking a negative emotional response, then don't expect to be taken seriously or treated with much respect.

Sometimes customers get thrown out of stores.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Not at all. You're welcome.

Maybe to improve the forum we should think about having a quiz to test one's basic knowledge in civics and the three R's. We could offer remedial courses to those that want to participate but can't score over 50%.

Dear Vince: I find your suggestion a remarkably good idea. Having already taught 4 and 5th grades for five years, I think an entrance exam to post in the political threads is a great idea. :wink:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yeah, I know. Chris Mathews often trips all over himself, but in this instance I think he has a valid point. I think it's about time we started serious hearings by smart people appointed by both sides of Congress to begin investigating why 4,000+ US 'Mericuhns and over 1,00,000 Iraqis had to die, as well as the USA repeating it's first year in Afganistan for the 9th year in a row.

Here's a link: YouTube - ‪Chris Matthews Calls For War Hearings!‬‏

You can call me anything you want. But I'm old enough to vividly remember the Korean War. The War in Viet Nam was a bogus excuse just to keep the USA and other world power's arms manufacturing going full tilt. Someone prove to me that our involvement in Iraq wasn't just another grab for oil and a means to keep Halliburton, Martin-Marietta, Lockheed, and the Keebler Cookie Elves who make "smart bombs" wealthy. Go on. Prove it. And while you're at it tell me why George Dubya doesn't deserve to be jailed for war crimes along with Cheny and Rumsfeld.

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So using that model Vince in 8 year Bush unemployment increased 3.6% (4.2 - 7.8) simple math for you Vince. Since 2009 7.8 to now 9.10 or so in 2 years that is can increase of 1.3% at this rate we should be at a net increase of 3.6% in just another year. way to go obama you are great.

What is the unemployment where you live?

Never mentioning the fact that the 2008 crash occurred DURING bush's term...but not like that's important or anything. I mean the worst financial meltdown since the great depression wouldn't have any affect on the employment rates or anything.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If anyone feels belittled, I apologize. However I expect that the people I engage in discussion with to have the ability to follow a reasonable line of discourse. If it is pointed out to them that they made a basic factual error, such as asserting that GW Bush left office in 2008 instead of 2009, and then basing further argument on that 'fact', it's not too much to expect them to acknowledge the error and move on. No one here is perfect and we all can learn from each other. If we can be muture enough to say, "oops, my bad", then no one else would care and in fact doing that (admitting a mistake), gains you a lot of cred with the members.

If someone is just here to stake out a position and defend it at all cost, no matter what the facts are, or if they are posting only for the purpose of evoking a negative emotional response, then don't expect to be taken seriously or treated with much respect.

Sometimes customers get thrown out of stores.

You are suggesting that you have some special ability to determine the thinking behind the actions of another human being. I don't think you have that capability.

B_Alt33

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Growing signs of US economic downturn—job cuts hit auto and technology sectors
Early 2000s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a couple of examples that in 2000 the economy was already heading into a downward trend just a bush took office. All he did was hand Obama the same. Difference is that ever with 911 and 2 wars Bush still had record unemployment up to 2008 and 2009.

The economic downturn was created and advanced by our own government Dem and Rep messing with private companies and create agencies like Franny and Freddie to socially manipulate our economy. In simple terms these politics have no economic backgrounds nor have ever had to write a paycheck or truly balance a budget but yet they are in charge of this country. From the social manipulation strategies outcropped many that found ways to make a shit load of money and they did.

Then because the fools in Washington are just to stupid they did not see it coming and continued down the same path only to find that "OH SHIT" this is not working out the way we planned. Now we have what we have and we must learn from the past government needs to step out of the way let the people decide truly.

Media
Hey they could just name the wars, or one of them anyway after me, I participated and was honored to serve my country in doing so.

Now I'm not so naive to believe that I was fighting for "freedom" or against those who hate it, or even in retaliation for 9-11 (although that was a valid reason).

No Sir(s) I was fighting for the interests of the USA and its government which includes the legislative branch where President Obama resided when it all began. Research for yourselves all those who voted for, funded, encouraged etc etc etc and you will find many hundreds whose names could also be attached (rather have mine on them tho).

Now having done my part and seeing some of the situation on the ground over there I can tell you these people that are fighting and killing each other and have been for generations are not victims of US policy. They are ruthless people and were so long before we arrived and most likely after we leave especially in Afghanistan. Iraq however I think can be argued is better off today. Was that worth American Blood and Treasure? I dunno, and neither do you. I do know that the people who gave their lives doing it believed in their mission which remember is advancing and supporting their governments interests as their government (lawfully elected) saw fit.

I guess you can get all weepy and say that too many iraqis or others will killed that were innocent. True. But they are being killed less now then they were before we were there, so if your only argument is that as a nation we should protect the "innocent" then the wars were just, were they not?

I actually approve of the Surge that Obama ordered in Afghanistan that everyone on the left was against. It shows he has some guts. Im also glad he did not close Gitmo and sees why its needed. Now domestically I favor little that the president is doing and will prob vote against him (but who knows) but I would not label him a "war criminal" for continuing the same actions of the Bush Administration anymore than the last president, VP members of the cabinet and congress were.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've been told that the US has the highest murder rate in the world. Is that misinformation?
As for Obama's decisions, he was handed the load(s) of shit the Bush/Cheney Regime created over a period of 8 years. He has been forced to be reactive which explains why his decisions have not matched his rhetoric.

B_Alt33

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Willhorse thank you for your service to this country you are a true American Patriot.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight