Renting apartments

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I just had kind of a weird experience...

One of my old friends who I havent seen in a long time just came to my house with like 5 people, and started tlaking about all kinds of stuff. One of the subjects he mentioned was "Nice apartment buildings" and we talked for a while, then finally he stopped beating around the bush and asked me if i wanted t rent an apartment with him and like 2 of his other friends... Lol

Idk what to think, he just shows up out of no where and asks me to move in with him and his friends, lol. He seems like a total fucking flake.

I doubt I'll move in though, I'll think about it, but he mentioned that he got kicked out of school, so I think thats the main reason. And 'm not gonna be some sad old fucker with no education wondering what went wrong.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Think lost security deposit and charges for damages. Think eviction notices and utility service refusals for nonpayment of bills.

I've been there with bad roomies.

Run the other way. Fast.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He seems like a total fucking flake.

I doubt I'll move in though, I'll think about it, but he mentioned that he got kicked out of school, so I think thats the main reason. And 'm not gonna be some sad old fucker with no education wondering what went wrong.

And, to agree with everyone else, I think you already know the best answer and have articulated it in the quoted portion of your opening post. :rolleyes:

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Indeed... He used to be a pretty cool guy... but Idk anymore...

Plus I've kind of learned from my brother's mistakes.

20 year old male
No car
No home(lives with parents)
High School Dropout
Does nothing but drugs

When I was walking in with Josh(friends name) and Josh(other friends name) and Laurence(other friends name) one of them asked "Are we going to smoke in here?" I just kind of laughed and said No.

Besides, it would be kind of weird to have roommates with the same name:

Josh, Josh, Josh, and Larry...

Kind of like a weird three's company.

Lol

Tsimshan

Just Browsing
Media
Okay I am not going to comment on this other than the fact that you seem to equate no car+smoking weed= loser. I am not saying that in his situation it's perhaps not true but come on that's being a little farfetched.

For one thing I don't own a car and I can only imagine how much better this world would be if perhaps a good percentage of Americans and other people in the world would stop the damn driving.

As for the ganja, alcohol is far and away the most damaging drug bar none. Meth, heroin,coke nothing compares to booze for the amount of deaths it has been attributed to and the amount of walking dead it has produced.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Okay I am not going to comment on this other than the fact that you seem to equate no car+smoking weed= loser. I am not saying that in his situation it's perhaps not true but come on that's being a little farfetched.

For one thing I don't own a car and I can only imagine how much better this world would be if perhaps a good percentage of Americans and other people in the world would stop the damn driving.

As for the ganja, alcohol is far and away the most damaging drug bar none. Meth, heroin,coke nothing compares to booze for the amount of deaths it has been attributed to and the amount of walking dead it has produced.

First off! Never ass-u-me, it makes an ass out of you and me.

No car + smokes weed = loser is not true

however!

No car + smokes weed, cocaine, lsd, hard liquor and heroine + living with parents + highschool dropout = loser... this is a true statement!

Besides, I dont give a flying fuck about the statistics of how many ppl alchohol kill... Hundreds, no wait, I'm going out on a limb here... thousands of people die every fucking day and thats a fact. Does it bother me? No. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe (I dont know, nor do I care) I don't care about the lil kids in africa starving, I didnt give a fuck about the Katrina situation, I only care abou things that directly effect me...

For all I care everyone that has ever done a single drug could overdose all at once, and it wouldnt bother me. But seeing as how my brother is a burden on me, is doing drugs and not dying, and makes me angry, I feel a little differently about that.

Go ahead, say I'm not a good guy, I'm not acting in a very christian manner, I don't give a fuck. You go out with your hippy friends who all dislike cars, and you smoke your weed, I dont care aslong as you stay the fuck away from me.

fri2219

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Run away, screaming.

Almost every situation I'd every seen along those lines inevitably wound up with the most responsible person getting stuck with a shitload of bills.

Nowadays, with the hysteria over drugs, I could probably project a nice fat felony conviction for the poor bastard that was sleeping in his apartment when 60 cops broke in and charged him with the shit his ex-roomies had pulled... of course, he hasn't seen any of them in weeks.

Tsimshan

Just Browsing
Media
Your post cleary states how uninformed certain subject matter you are. As a matter a fact I don't SMOKE anything. You can go ahead and ASSUME so as you most clearly have and that doesn't bother me at all.

But let me say this it's people such as yourself and your lack of compassion that is the down fall of western society. Trust me I am no hippie I don't believe that peace and understanding will ever prevail as clearly history has shown otherwise.

How interesting that you get upset with me for making assumptions when it seems your outlook on the world is ruled by making assumptions on others.

BJT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would say no, the money you'll be spending on rent could MUCH better be spent elsewhere and you tend to find out the real side of people when you move in with them. We had a bunch of high schoolers move into the house across the street from us, its constant parties and fights. There is always people passed out there, cops are always watching the house. Its just not a real good idea