REP Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bingo! I didn't know anything about this rep power option until I logged on. The moderators don't know anything.

And apparently there are other changes as well. The mods have not been told anything about the changes that have been put into effect.

We all will have to learn on our own and share with each other I guess.
Well isn't this a cheerful revelation Moderators are not even told what is going on

Freddie may be you and the other moderators could some how get Rob_E to make a post telling us what this is about I have no objectings of his making alterations to this site since it is his but it would be nice to know what is going on Additionally by not even informing moderators he is essentially slapping you and your time and energy in the face as well

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think people will take it tongue in cheek just as a bit of fun, but that's easy for me to say I've got two green squares which basically means I'm Omnipotent Ice Empress of the Known Universe :)

Reactions: Eva

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think people will take it tongue in cheek just as a bit of fun, but that's easy for me to say I've got two green squares which basically means I'm Omnipotent Ice Empress of the Known Universe :)

:notworthy:Should I now call you your Impressiveness? Or Your Elegance?:notworthy:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not power mad Osiris, I'll just settle for a courtly bow and all your communications forwarded to my social secretary Darth Vader and addressed 'Oh Great and Powerful Princess, Giver of All That is Good, '. :)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Put that green square down right now missy or I'm going to have you arrested by my storm troopers then I'll tie you up and do lewd sexual things to your quivering clit :)

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bingo! I didn't know anything about this rep power option until I logged on. The moderators don't know anything.

And apparently there are other changes as well. The mods have not been told anything about the changes that have been put into effect.

We all will have to learn on our own and share with each other I guess.

We're very much in the dark about how the point system works. I didn't even know what the scales were until I read posts in the Help section.

I would have thought that when adding a new feature to the site it would pay to at least brief the Mods on how it works. Unless of course Rob has a specific reason for not doing so and is having a good laugh at this thread.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I still can't figure out how Rep power is calculated (nor what it really means), but it's safe to say that's it's not based solely on the number of posts made to the BB. One could artificially inflate one's rep power by merely posting hundreds of 1-word or 1-liner responses to other people's posts.

I suspect that it may "vote" on users by the number of other people who quote a user's posting. There's probably some scale based on a percentage.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I just did some more searching around. So far, Madame Zora and Lex have the highest rep powers, at 33 and 27, respectively. It's interesting since they no longer frequent the board and post, instead, over at BigDirigible.com

I can believe, however, that their quote rate from other users is 33% and 27% respectively. For example, of Madame Zora's posts, other people quoted from 33% of them... I'm still not sure if this is the actual calculation, though.

Someone please explain ...

I still can't figure out how Rep power is calculated (nor what it really means), but it's safe to say that's it's not based solely on the number of posts made to the BB. One could artificially inflate one's rep power by merely posting hundreds of 1-word or 1-liner responses to other people's posts.

I suspect that it may "vote" on users by the number of other people who quote a user's posting. There's probably some scale based on a percentage.

The rep points you have now are tiny. Rep points into the hundreds and thousands are normal when the system is working. Don't sweat a few single points here and there. It's just to get the system started.

Reactions: B_cigarbabe

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You click on the little silver scales and get a chance to give someone a positive or negative rep point. You can also make a comment. Perhaps SP got the extra square because someone took the time to make a comment. Princess, check and see if you can find any comments that someone has made.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well isn't this a cheerful revelation Moderators are not even told what is going on

Freddie may be you and the other moderators could some how get Rob_E to make a post telling us what this is about I have no objectings of his making alterations to this site since it is his but it would be nice to know what is going on Additionally by not even informing moderators he is essentially slapping you and your time and energy in the face as well

Does it hurt being such an idiot? Honestly who gives a shit?

I'll leave you to go back to your "objectings" now.

..something sinister is happening at the LPSG. Nobody knows what the rep points are for!! :eek: bum bum baaaaaa!! Hurry MMM can channel BD and start bitching about anything and everything for no good reason at all, call in the conspiracy loons to be his choral support group...

Reactions: Hockeytiger
Status
Not open for further replies.