Repeat a Lie often enough

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
So, you're going to give us your opinion on a talking point that is either an observation or a statement of fact and 'show us the lie'? Rather than your opinion, I'd prefer you cite facts and prove the lie.

While I'm not exceptionally well-versed in Democratic talking points, here's three you can start with since we've all heard them in the past few weeks:

• Health care in the United States has become unreasonably expensive.
  • It's important to get people into jobs.
  • America needs to reduce its dependence on foreign oil.

Bump. I'm still waiting on stratedude to "educate" me.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
^ ^ ^ I've been waiting even longer:

Seriously. Name me a Dem talking point or liberal spin and I'll show you the lie. Well its either lying or ignorance anyway...
I honestly can't think of any. Why don't you go first? Give use a few examples of widely repeated "Dem talking points", cite the source, and then explain the inherent lie. Something comparable to "Reducing taxes on the wealthiest individuals creates a rising tide of prosperity that raises even the smallest boats" (Reagan et al), or "Obamacare is setting up death panels to kill Grandma" (countless Teabag/Repugs) would be convincing.

Seriously.

p.s. Welcome back, ColoGuy. Good to see you.

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The dem party is the party of no ideas. The rep party is the part of bad ideas. The independants are there to be ignored so the dems and reps feel important.

The difference that pertains to this discussion is that a republican repeats a lie over and over to convince you. A democrat repeats a lie over and over to convince themselves. Independants... they just sit and hope no one will notice them.

citr

Experimental Member
Media
The dem party is the party of no ideas. The rep party is the part of bad ideas. The independants are there to be ignored so the dems and reps feel important.

The difference that pertains to this discussion is that a republican repeats a lie over and over to convince you. A democrat repeats a lie over and over to convince themselves. Independants... they just sit and hope no one will notice them.

The "above it all" stance is lame.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
ColoradoGuy & maxcok - You'd have better odds gambling on a Kardashian sister becoming a nun.
Oh, I know that. It's just another example of ignorant conservitard ass-talking with no substance to back it up.

Which is, ironically enough, the topic of the thread.

Thank you for proving the OP's point, stratedude, with the usual deflections and false equivalencies.

flame80

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
blah blah blah lie after lie after lie, thats would libs do best. The quote is from Hitlers propaganda chief Josef Goebbels, " Tell a lie big enough and long enough and people will believe anything you say".

Lets talk lies: 1) global warming
2) going green creates jobs, ( check out spain for results)
3) raising taxes creates jobs
4) Jimmy Carter was a great president hahahaha
5)illegal aliens pay taxes
6)social programs were set up temporrary, Lets ask FDR
7)The death penalty never stopped someone from killing anyone
8) Unions should not have to pay more for their health care even if the
broke.
9)Reagan supply side economics didnt work even though it led our nation
to 30 years of the greatest prosperity in its history
10) last one for you libs, that you are still having a hard time getting a
grasping reality --- Obamacare is going to save money.

Obama is a fake and a phoney that you guys believe in lockstep.

heres a truth you all need to know, in the next couple weeks, Jerry Corsi is coming out with a book, and you are gunna find out that Barack Obama is a fake name. His real name Barry Solteoro

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Bump. I'm still waiting on stratedude to "educate" me.

Bump to the previous bump.

If you've decided it was a stupid challenge to throw down, stratedude, you can withdraw it. Just admit you use way too much hyperbole, admit you weren't aware intelligent and rationale people participate in this forum, and then promise not to do it again. Do that and we'll allow you to peacefully return to cruising pictures in the user gallery.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
blah blah blah lie after lie after lie, thats would libs do best. The quote is from Hitlers propaganda chief Josef Goebbels, " Tell a lie big enough and long enough and people will believe anything you say".

Lets talk lies: 1) global warming
2) going green creates jobs, ( check out spain for results)
3) raising taxes creates jobs
4) Jimmy Carter was a great president hahahaha
5)illegal aliens pay taxes
6)social programs were set up temporrary, Lets ask FDR
7)The death penalty never stopped someone from killing anyone
8) Unions should not have to pay more for their health care even if the
broke.
9)Reagan supply side economics didnt work even though it led our nation
to 30 years of the greatest prosperity in its history
10) last one for you libs, that you are still having a hard time getting a
grasping reality --- Obamacare is going to save money.

Obama is a fake and a phoney that you guys believe in lockstep.

heres a truth you all need to know, in the next couple weeks, Jerry Corsi is coming out with a book, and you are gunna find out that Barack Obama is a fake name. His real name Barry Solteoro

1) Not a liberal position, it's a scientific one. Shit, insurance companies don't believe it's bull, why would you?
2) It can create jobs, that's inarguable. Unless you're trying to say that Spain has an entirely green economy that is failing, otherwise your point is dumb.
3) I don't think anyone ever said this, as there's no direct relationship.
4) No, they're all terrible. Carter wasn't the most terrible for sure, especially given the moron that followed him.
5) Inarguable point. Of course they pay taxes. You do realize there's more than one tax, right?
6) This isn't even a complete thought. Are you having a seizure?
7) Of course the death penalty stops people from killing other people, specifically the ones put to death. Who in fuck are you arguing with here?
8) That's not a complete thought. Please mash the keyboard in a more coherent manner. I think you missed a word.
9) Economic growth under Reagan was worse than under Carter. It was worse than the 3 decades preceding it. This is inarguable.
10) Obamacare, as you call it, is not going to save any money. It's a Republican policy under a new name, and Obama isn't remotely liberal. You don't really know anything about it, do you?

"Obama is a fake and a phoney that you guys believe in lockstep."

I don't think that any thing in your list other than 10 is something Obama has said. But he is a fake, he's a politician. What did you expect?

By the way, it's Soetoro. Get you retarded crackpot theories straight.