Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Late to this party but have a few things to throw in (apologies if they were already said)...

- I'd argue its not shaming unless you identify someone. I'm not sure if she did or not - but if not, its just a preference.
- Madonna has been spouting this kind of stuff for years - its consistently part of her brand (particularly Erotica era 30 years ago)
- Men have been judging women's bodies - publicly, and on stage - for centuries and still do. We're in no position to complain about this.
- Define a small dick? Define a big one? Hugely subjective and down to personal view. Madonna's idea of 'big' might be smaller than we think.

DeclanBrent

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So instead, the newspapers are letting you think that maybe the topic is more well recieved than it actually is. Don't believe everything you read in newspapers. It tends to be exaggerated tosh anyway.
This much is very true. For a guy not afflicted by the small dick problem, you have a remarkable ability for empathy with those who do. Says loads about you as a person. Thanks.

Reactions: deleted1048037
L

Llbaker

Public venue like a concert with no push back is the point. No one is defending traditional male chauvinism.

L

Llbaker

Late to this party but have a few things to throw in (apologies if they were already said)...

- I'd argue its not shaming unless you identify someone. I'm not sure if she did or not - but if not, its just a preference.
- Madonna has been spouting this kind of stuff for years - its consistently part of her brand (particularly Erotica era 30 years ago)
- Men have been judging women's bodies - publicly, and on stage - for centuries and still do. We're in no position to complain about this.
- Define a small dick? Define a big one? Hugely subjective and down to personal view. Madonna's idea of 'big' might be smaller than we think.

She was trying to shame all males. She is into misadry, her take on feminism.

DeclanBrent

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Thanks for your responses.
- Fair point.
- This doesn't excuse it, but I take your point that it's part of an established pattern so therefore we shouldn't be too surprised.
- Two wrongs don't make a right. I personally don't judge women as I'm sensitive to being judged myself, and think that the public expectation is that nobody should be made to feel 'less than' for a physical attribute they have no control over. Why does that not apply to penis size shaming? We're in a very good position to judge. I'm not responsible for the prejudices, past and present, of other men, so therefore I won't be accepting that I somehow deserve to be belittled. And also, where does the 'I'm so sorry I'm a male, say anything derogatory you want about small dicks because we deserve it?' end?
- Fair point.

Doggyfluff

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for your responses.
- Fair point.
- This doesn't excuse it, but I take your point that it's part of an established pattern so therefore we shouldn't be too surprised.
- Two wrongs don't make a right. I personally don't judge women as I'm sensitive to being judged myself, and think that the public expectation is that nobody should be made to feel 'less than' for a physical attribute they have no control over. Why does that not apply to penis size shaming? We're in a very good position to judge. I'm not responsible for the prejudices, past and present, of other men, so therefore I won't be accepting that I somehow deserve to be belittled. And also, where does the 'I'm so sorry I'm a male, say anything derogatory you want about small dicks because we deserve it?' end?
- Fair point.

On point 3 - I agree it doesn't make it right - but as men were coming from a position of privilege and power that women are still fighting to come even close to. It's not an equal playing field is all I'm saying.
Also it is interesting that you feel personally judged by her comment which was a) not personal i.e from someone who you don't know and doesn't know you, b) arguably not shaming at all (see point 1), and c) non specific (see point 4)

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
It's no big deal or huge shock. I guess that makes her the proverbial "size queen". She's simply stating her preference. If a man prefers a woman with big boobs - again that is his prerogative.
naturally you miss the point entirely, despite it having been clearly pointed out in the post I will do so again for you, not that you'll get it this time either.
it isn't that she has a preference, it's that she can belittle people for free and the vagina pass pulls her through. Imagine Liam Hemsworth saying he turned down a role cus the female lead he'd play off of had a flat chest....do you think Larry King would have him on and say that was the best thing he ever heard?

Reactions: DeclanBrent

DeclanBrent

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On point 3 - I agree it doesn't make it right - but as men were coming from a position of privilege and power that women are still fighting to come even close to. It's not an equal playing field is all I'm saying.
Also it is interesting that you feel personally judged by her comment which was a) not personal i.e from someone who you don't know and doesn't know you, b) arguably not shaming at all (see point 1), and c) non specific (see point 4)
We'll have to disagree on point 3. Depending on your definition of power, i think women have as much power as men, and possibly even more because of the guilt that masculinity is exhibiting about past power structures. Everywhere I look there are women in positions of power. Yet I can't live my life in a global historical context, I live it according to my present situation. I have a female boss and a woman co-worker who is about to be promoted to be my boss's deputy. My girlfriend is currently head of her human resources department, which is mostly made up of women. My sister works for a national corporation that is actively seeking to promote women over men in order to 'rebalance the imbalance'. On dating apps, it's not women who (for the most part) are desperately looking to hook up. They have the choice of so many desperate or desirable men that the world is literally their oyster. If any man should step out of line as men did in the past, he's quite rightly on very thin criminal ice. I'm certainly not saying any of the aforementioned is bad - of course it's not - I'm just saying it's a dangerous precedent to say that because men were historically the power brokers that it's ok for women to behave badly. It suggests a patriarchal attitude that doesn't redress the imbalances of the past but perpetuates them in another more insidious form. I think it's insulting to women to say: 'As we've been very bad boys in the past, you girls can have, say, one generation to get your own back. We'll give you a free pass on bodyshaming us while we'll be prohibited from doing the same.' I do think that most women see through this BS. Women deserve more than to be treated that way.

As for taking the size shaming remarks personally - I don't take them as if they were addressed to me personally, if that's what you mean. But I do interpret them as a slight towards a small (excuse the pun) minority of fellow men, including myself, who might see the dismissive reference to small dicks in the same breath as 'size matters' to possibly thousands of impressionable young people as worthy of censure.

Reactions: Llbaker
D

deleted1048037

This much is very true. For a guy not afflicted by the small dick problem, you have a remarkable ability for empathy with those who do. Says loads about you as a person. Thanks.
That's kind of you to say mate. Thanks.

L

Llbaker

Small dicked men, as well as women, are treated as "less than" by the phallocracy. Madonna meant it in her usual sense: equating feminism in her mind putting down men in general, ie. with misandry.

L

Llbaker

Only a small % of men "come from a position of privilege and power" though certainly far too many abuse women in some fashion.

MennoCoehorn

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Madonna's comment is perfectly legitimate (de gustibus non disputandum est).

The thing is that such comment automatically delivers a degrading message that from Madonna's perspective men with small penises are unworthy of passing their genes to the next generation - because sexual rejection means exactly that.
This is an ultimate degradation to any human being.
"You are not worthy of procreation because you have been born wrong".

Still, even such opinion is perfectly legitimate.
Madonna has such specific opinion and chooses her partners accordingly and some other women might have a different one.

The real problem starts here:
Some (not all fortunately) women feel happiness and joy if certain men with certain genetic predispositions are publicly degraded and humiliated by indirectly declaring that they are not worthy of procreation.

Can anything display better such women's complexes and distorted man hating psyche than that?

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Imagine Liam Hemsworth saying he turned down a role cus the female lead he'd play off of had a flat chest....do you think Larry King would have him on and say that was the best thing he ever heard?

Stop moving the goal posts TheRob. The case of Madonna has nothing to do with an acting role. It's her body and her choice to make love to a man with a large penis.

Reactions: 4388301

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think Madonna has been faithful to any lover and the only exception I'll believe is Sean Penn.
I saw a video of her on a talk show (Johnny Carson?) with another woman. They were giggling uproariously over an inside joke of theirs. The gist seemed to be that Sean was far outclassed by Prince in the size department.

L

Llbaker

Madonna's comment is perfectly legitimate (de gustibus non disputandum est).

The thing is that such comment automatically delivers a degrading message that from Madonna's perspective men with small penises are unworthy of passing their genes to the next generation - because sexual rejection means exactly that.
This is an ultimate degradation to any human being.

"You are not worthy of procreation because you have been born wrong".

Still, even such opinion is perfectly legitimate.

Madonna has such specific opinion and chooses her partners accordingly and some other women might have a different one.

The real problem starts here:

Some (not all fortunately) women feel happiness and joy if certain men with certain genetic predispositions are publicly degraded and humiliated by indirectly declaring that they are not worthy of procreation.

Can anything display better such women's complexes and distorted man hating psyche than that?

De gustibus non est disputandum - Wikipedia

De gustibus non est disputandum, or de gustibus non disputandum est, is a Latin maxim meaning "In matters of taste, there can be no disputes" (literally "about tastes, it should not be disputed/discussed").[1][2] The phrase is commonly rendered in English as "There is no accounting for taste(s)."[3] The implication is that everyone's personal preferences are merely subjective opinions that cannot be right or wrong, so they should never be argued about as if they were. Sometimes the phrase is expanded as De gustibus et coloribus... referring to tastes and colors.

Yeah, no one so far is arguing that what she said is not true, though she might be lying and "posing", ie. bragging. She might think she lionizes herself by claiming to be a size queen, whether she is or not.

Most likely, I'm still convinced, she thinks turnabout is fair play in reacting to the beauty demands of the male collective on the female collective.

Using the phrase "perfectly legitimate", seems to me out of place in defending what she said. What in the world does "legitimate" have to do with such speech? Perfect no less?

Yes, men do this to women too, but not in a public venue, at least not often in the current era because of feminist and "decency" push back: the word "skank" comes to mind. I've never heard that kind of talk in public performances, but I don't listen to much to the worst stand-up, rap, etc.

Yes, I've heard men by implication categorize in their neanderthal peer groups specific women as not fit for sex or reproduction. Actually, I've never heard any do it on the basis of the defects of a single organ, but they probably have. It was only an happenstance to be around such a group. I wasn't a "member" as they discriminate against "small members."

In my mind, the point is that there is no or very little push back for publicly demeaning men with small penises while there is push back nowadays for speech that is hurtful to most other groups. I don't even want to limit her free speech. Mostly, I'm disappointed by the enthusiastic response of the audience and critic.

BTW: Contrary to the above, Madonna's message was dismissive and purposely hurtful, but not necessarily hateful. Apparently, women of her mentality found her "comments worth the price of admission." On the other hand, some women seem to "hate" that they are bothered by a small penis and are "pressured" to pretend the small dick is OK.

L

Llbaker

Stop moving the goal posts TheRob. The case of Madonna has nothing to do with an acting role. It's her body and her choice to make love to a man with a large penis.

No! The issue is purposely insulting people for laughs or worse, especially in public when large numbers of people are hurt. TheRob was right on.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
No! The issue is purposely insulting people for laughs or worse, especially in public when large numbers of people are hurt. TheRob was right on.

Like Joan Rivers, Don Rickles, Chris Rock etc. ad nauseum. I guess stand up comedy isn't your cup of tea.

L

Llbaker

Like Joan Rivers, Don Rickles, Chris Rock etc. ad nauseum. I guess stand up comedy isn't your cup of tea.

Well, I've heard all of those. I don't recall much misogynist stuff or other heavy duty put down body shaming. Give me examples if I'm wrong. Sure, there are other put downs regarding people's ideas, hypocricsy, behavior, mishaps, etc. Small dick jokes and put downs? Yup, all the time.

Heavy duty body shaming? Joan: Can we talk? About body shaming?