Reporting Of Madonna 'small Dick' Ridicule

L

Llbaker

Like Joan Rivers, Don Rickles, Chris Rock etc. ad nauseum. I guess stand up comedy isn't your cup of tea.

I should have specified "body shaming" and attacks by race, gender, sexuality, etc in my statement, not just purposely insulting people. Insulting a particular celebrity or person is different than body shaming whole categories of people including many in the audience. Penis shaming is totally acceptable, however.

I remember Eddie Murphy insulting gays really viciously in a standup routine. At the time, little was said about it, but in later years he received big pushback and condemnation for that exercise then way in the past.

Doggyfluff

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, it's OK to target fat or short people as long as you don't name names? I don't think so.
Interesting use of the word 'target' there. Am I targeting blonde people if I say I don't find them attractive? Also define fat, define short etc - its all subjective. As was her statement - but folks here are taking personal offence, which says more about them than Madonna.

Doggyfluff

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Only a small % of men "come from a position of privilege and power" though certainly far too many abuse women in some fashion.
Id like to know your source for this sweeping statement. And your definition of 'a position of privilege and power'.

Doggyfluff

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thing much over thinking on this one.

Madonna is a size queen. Not new news. Lots of gay men are size queens, too. Maybe I am. But I also don't denigrate people that don't have big penises. That's just not nice.
Hear hear!

Reactions: wellhunguk

Doggyfluff

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Small dicked men, as well as women, are treated as "less than" by the phallocracy. Madonna meant it in her usual sense: equating feminism in her mind putting down men in general, ie. with misandry.
None of us know what Madonna meant or intended by saying it because we are not Madonna. We can only say how we interpret it.

Reactions: dreamer20

Doggyfluff

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We'll have to disagree on point 3. Depending on your definition of power, i think women have as much power as men, and possibly even more because of the guilt that masculinity is exhibiting about past power structures. Everywhere I look there are women in positions of power. Yet I can't live my life in a global historical context, I live it according to my present situation. I have a female boss and a woman co-worker who is about to be promoted to be my boss's deputy. My girlfriend is currently head of her human resources department, which is mostly made up of women. My sister works for a national corporation that is actively seeking to promote women over men in order to 'rebalance the imbalance'. On dating apps, it's not women who (for the most part) are desperately looking to hook up. They have the choice of so many desperate or desirable men that the world is literally their oyster. If any man should step out of line as men did in the past, he's quite rightly on very thin criminal ice. I'm certainly not saying any of the aforementioned is bad - of course it's not - I'm just saying it's a dangerous precedent to say that because men were historically the power brokers that it's ok for women to behave badly. It suggests a patriarchal attitude that doesn't redress the imbalances of the past but perpetuates them in another more insidious form. I think it's insulting to women to say: 'As we've been very bad boys in the past, you girls can have, say, one generation to get your own back. We'll give you a free pass on bodyshaming us while we'll be prohibited from doing the same.' I do think that most women see through this BS. Women deserve more than to be treated that way.

As for taking the size shaming remarks personally - I don't take them as if they were addressed to me personally, if that's what you mean. But I do interpret them as a slight towards a small (excuse the pun) minority of fellow men, including myself, who might see the dismissive reference to small dicks in the same breath as 'size matters' to possibly thousands of impressionable young people as worthy of censure.
It sounds like you see power in women from your own unique POV so I understand your position. But your examples are mostly isolated individual situations that don't represent the broader gender power imbalance that still exists today as well as historically. For example HR has always been female dominated - but how many corporate departments (or indeed industries) are female dominated vs male dominated? Not so many. So I'm talking about in general, globally, in wider society - women have less power than men, so it's not surprising that when a women finds she has some, she uses it.

Alex22876

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A shocking example of the continued prejudice and bias by not only celebrities (in this case Madonna) but by the media: her recent concert in London, in which said she'd never been with a man with a small penis because 'size matters' was sympathetically reported by the Metro Friday 31 January), the UK's most widely distributed newspaper, whose female reporter said the comments 'made the tickets worth the price'.
There needs to be some sort of commission now for hate speech and body shaming. If this was said by a male star about women's breasts and vaginas and a male reporter said that the comments made the ticket price worth it, there would be an uproar the likes we have t seen for years.

sorry, when did this turn into the SPSG?

L

Llbaker

Id like to know your source for this sweeping statement. And your definition of 'a position of privilege and power'.

True power, if substantial, is always held only by a tiny minority. Otherwise, it can't really power. To command, there must be people to be commanded. Men of power and privilege can't just have women to push around.

Doggyfluff

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
True power, if substantial, is always held only by a tiny minority. Otherwise, it can't really power. To command, there must be people to be commanded. Men of power and privilege can't just have women to push around.
I think were talking about different kinds of power here. Im not talking about dictators and leaders. Maybe 'advantage' is a better word. In a broad, general sense - in society men have more than women, and its ridiculous to disagree.

DeclanBrent

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
sorry, when did this turn into the SPSG?
No need to be sorry, and I'm afraid I can't answer your question - you'll have to direct that at the forum moderators. However, given that you don't even know that a sentence in the English language begins with a capital letter, I don't hold out much hope that they'd regard you as anything other than the uneducated ingrate that you clearly are.
Thanks for your contribution, though.

DeclanBrent

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It sounds like you see power in women from your own unique POV so I understand your position. But your examples are mostly isolated individual situations that don't represent the broader gender power imbalance that still exists today as well as historically. For example HR has always been female dominated - but how many corporate departments (or indeed industries) are female dominated vs male dominated? Not so many. So I'm talking about in general, globally, in wider society - women have less power than men, so it's not surprising that when a women finds she has some, she uses it.
We'll have to agree to disagree, but I appreciate that you've at least made your point respectfully.

L

Llbaker

I think were talking about different kinds of power here. Im not talking about dictators and leaders. Maybe 'advantage' is a better word. In a broad, general sense - in society men have more than women, and its ridiculous to disagree.

Advantages, yes.

MennoCoehorn

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
De gustibus non est disputandum - Wikipedia

De gustibus non est disputandum, or de gustibus non disputandum est, is a Latin maxim meaning "In matters of taste, there can be no disputes" (literally "about tastes, it should not be disputed/discussed").[1][2] The phrase is commonly rendered in English as "There is no accounting for taste(s)."[3] The implication is that everyone's personal preferences are merely subjective opinions that cannot be right or wrong, so they should never be argued about as if they were. Sometimes the phrase is expanded as De gustibus et coloribus... referring to tastes and colors.

Yeah, no one so far is arguing that what she said is not true, though she might be lying and "posing", ie. bragging. She might think she lionizes herself by claiming to be a size queen, whether she is or not.

Most likely, I'm still convinced, she thinks turnabout is fair play in reacting to the beauty demands of the male collective on the female collective.

Using the phrase "perfectly legitimate", seems to me out of place in defending what she said. What in the world does "legitimate" have to do with such speech? Perfect no less?

Yes, men do this to women too, but not in a public venue, at least not often in the current era because of feminist and "decency" push back: the word "skank" comes to mind. I've never heard that kind of talk in public performances, but I don't listen to much to the worst stand-up, rap, etc.

Yes, I've heard men by implication categorize in their neanderthal peer groups specific women as not fit for sex or reproduction. Actually, I've never heard any do it on the basis of the defects of a single organ, but they probably have. It was only an happenstance to be around such a group. I wasn't a "member" as they discriminate against "small members."

In my mind, the point is that there is no or very little push back for publicly demeaning men with small penises while there is push back nowadays for speech that is hurtful to most other groups. I don't even want to limit her free speech. Mostly, I'm disappointed by the enthusiastic response of the audience and critic.

BTW: Contrary to the above, Madonna's message was dismissive and purposely hurtful, but not necessarily hateful. Apparently, women of her mentality found her "comments worth the price of admission." On the other hand, some women seem to "hate" that they are bothered by a small penis and are "pressured" to pretend the small dick is OK.

What I meant with 'legitimate' was that she has the right to select her sexual partners based on ANY criteria and she also has the right to talk about it.
I don't perceive it as purposely hurtful although I realise that some people might be hurt when hearing or reading something like that.

Whether I am defending her, not really.
Because there is nothing to defend.

Regarding the enthusiastic response of the audience, well it says a lot about the audience.
Most likely a bunch of miserable feminist cows who blame men for anything bad that happened in their lives.
Hence the psychopath like emotional reaction when they see someone demeaning (at least some of) men.

Do I mind it?

Not at all:

Bunch of man hating creatures remotely resembling women (i.e. feminists) eaten by their own inferiority complexes get high if someone says something which can be considered hurtful to (at least some of) men.
(Fortunately normal confident women don't have such low reactions)

Madonna knows very well what she is doing, she gives them the kick they need by saying what they want to hear and by that she is making money of them.

Everything seems to be alright to me.

L

Llbaker

What I meant with 'legitimate' was that she has the right to select her sexual partners based on ANY criteria and she also has the right to talk about it.
I don't perceive it as purposely hurtful although I realise that some people might be hurt when hearing or reading something like that.

Whether I am defending her, not really.
Because there is nothing to defend.

Regarding the enthusiastic response of the audience, well it says a lot about the audience.
Most likely a bunch of miserable feminist cows who blame men for anything bad that happened in their lives.
Hence the psychopath like emotional reaction when they see someone demeaning (at least some of) men.

Do I mind it?

Not at all:

Bunch of man hating creatures remotely resembling women (i.e. feminists) eaten by their own inferiority complexes get high if someone says something which can be considered hurtful to (at least some of) men.
(Fortunately normal confident women don't have such low reactions)

Madonna knows very well what she is doing, she gives them the kick they need by saying what they want to hear and by that she is making money of them.

Everything seems to be alright to me.

I've already said people should be free to say whatever they want and listeners react however they want. But, of course, what Madonna said was hurtful, and purposely hurtful at that, to the less than ideally hung, many of whom are young and psychologically vulnerable, already depressed and trying to cope with society's attitudes. Madonna is known for exactly this sort of thing and relishes how much misery she is helping to spread.

As I said before, that is her style of feminism: turnabout is fair play in her mind given the history of men disparaging, dominating and otherwise abusing women. Nor does she target specific especially guilty men who deserve retaliation and shaming because of their known behavior. She goes after the most vulnerable, only some of whom might be guilty of disparaging women as a reaction to their own felt inadequacy. The audience knew it and loved it, reacting in the same mean spirit. Madonna is spreading her low life meanness and loves doing it.

I react with condemnation to both misogyny and misandry (and other forms of shaming based on any number of human characteristics and/or deficiencies) because I think such proclamations and humor are not only socially destructive but damage or make life difficult for targeted individuals and categories of individuals. Further, a celebrity such as Madonna increases the "acceptability" of such primitive abuse far more than any number of low lifes ranting among themselves in their Neanderthal peer groups. Her attacks have an multiplier effect. (If Neanderthals still existed, I wouldn't use that expression. They might have been highly sensitive and caring for all I know.)

I'm not one to insult Madonna in retaliation about how she is aging either, because that would hurt everyone who is aging in a less than graceful way, not just Madonna. Nor would I defame all feminists as "man haters" since many pursue equal rights and opportunities for all.

"Everything seems alright? -- not to me. First "legitimate", now "alright?"

Reactions: DeclanBrent

Alex22876

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No need to be sorry, and I'm afraid I can't answer your question - you'll have to direct that at the forum moderators. However, given that you don't even know that a sentence in the English language begins with a capital letter, I don't hold out much hope that they'd regard you as anything other than the uneducated ingrate that you clearly are.
Thanks for your contribution, though.

Angry little man, aren’t you?

Reactions: 4388301

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A shocking example of the continued prejudice and bias by not only celebrities (in this case Madonna) but by the media: her recent concert in London, in which said she'd never been with a man with a small penis because 'size matters' was sympathetically reported by the Metro Friday 31 January), the UK's most widely distributed newspaper, whose female reporter said the comments 'made the tickets worth the price'.
There needs to be some sort of commission now for hate speech and body shaming. If this was said by a male star about women's breasts and vaginas and a male reporter said that the comments made the ticket price worth it, there would be an uproar the likes we have t seen for years.

Madonna has raised the issue before - she pointed out her then teenage son was pretty small 'in the sausage department' or words to that effect on her social media, along with a picture of him in a swimsuit. This was around the time he fled New York and went to London and initiated an international custody fight. I'm not saying she uses hate speech, but as media savvy as she is she should not have even playfully tagged her kid that way on a worldwide platform. She is insensitive and enjoys triggering conversation in which she is the star.

Gusgilman

Expert Member
Media

That goofy twat has hated legit cocks since that ball player in wedding dress owned her and curb kicked