Repub Palin love: the truth it reveals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SilverTrain, Sep 7, 2008.

1. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    After a year of dissing Obama as a nothing more than a celebrity and a rock star, the repubs now have their very own.

And they're SO pleased about it.

Which really verifies what I've been whispering to my conservative friends at parties for the past year: If Obama were a republican, the republicans would L-O-V-E him. When I finish whispering that to them, I look into their eyes, and the truth is laid bare. They have no response other than stammering for a few moments before they recover and come up with some really lame non sequitur.

2. rover86

rover86 New Member

fuck palin

3. Flashy

Gold Member

why would repubs love him? that scenario is sort of ludicrous my friend...that is like saying saying if Reagan was a democrat they would have L-O-V-E-D him...he wasn't, and Obama isn't...just because someone has enigmatic and charismatic qualities doesn't really matter...that would be the case with anyone when you switch their ideals and ideas about...

think about this...what would you (or others) say about Obama, if he was a republican, and was this charismatic? You would L-O-A-T-H-E him the same way they would then L-O-V-E him :smile::wink:

if Sarah Palin was suddenly switched to a democrat with Obama's ideas etc. she would be the democrats rock star...you could hear them saying the same things...

she's hip, she's cool, she is a working mom, her and her hubby are union members, they are blue collar, the husband is a native alaskan, she fought corruption in alaska, she is against machine politics blah blah blah...

you can switch anyone with charisma's ideals and politics, and as long as they retained the charisma and magnetism, of course the opposite party would love them...

maybe the truth that is laid bare in their eyes is actually a look of bewilderment at the "switcheroo" that can be done with just about any popular or charismatic politician when it comes to an imaginary switch in political ideals :wink:

4. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nah. It's not that simple, Flash. Palin wouldn't have made it out of the gate for the dems. Issues do matter. At least to some voters. And I mean "actual issues", not wedge issues, created solely to garner voting blocs.

For the repubs, it's about, and only about, who can get elected and will that candidate toe the company line.

If (big If!) Obamer fit that bill and made it through the skull and bones hazing line, they'd fucking love him.

5. Young N Sassy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I honestly don't get the point of this thread.

If Obama was a republican, we'd love him? If he was a republican, he'd have completely opposite views of which he does now. And if that were the case, yes, I would love him.

But that makes no sense. He's not a republican. He's the liberal of all liberals. The democrat of all democrats.

So with that I guess I'll end with a ridiculous statement myself:

If George W. Bush was a democrat, they'd fucking love him!

Yeah, that makes as much sense as Obama being a republican.

6. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sigh.

7. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    And to think Hillary was once the woman they feared. Odumba could've blunted the entire thing by tapping her for VP.

8. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Forgive my well-documented naïveté but wouldn't card-carrying Democrats be expected to spend more bandwidth on their very own vice-presidential chosen one (say, Senator Biden) rather than that crackpot VP on the competing ticket?

After all, GOP cheerleaders appear less vocal about Senator Biden, whose decades-long credentials as an insider of that place where "good ideas go to die" might contradict Senator Obama's value proposition.

Why all the anti-Palin hoopla then?

Isn't she a scandal-ridden neophyte joke who has already been predicted to be dumped by McSame yesterday?

Draft saved Draft deleted