Republican Candidates

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't Stooped to calling the candidates I despise, or laugh at, the names they so Richly deserve here in a public forum.

Interesting point.

Via many of my friends and because I live in New York, I can tell you. Time and again I've asked my friends why they do not speak the language their grandparents, and frequently, their parents speak. I know many people of Italian heritage whose grandparents got off the boat with a handful of English expressions and didn't have an opportunity to learn English well. There were no TOEFL courses, no library assistance, and frequently no jobs. Today we see the same pattern with Mandarin and Russian speakers in New York. These people are fresh off the boat and while they may have to live in a ghetto (in the most formal sense of the word), they're determined that their kids do not. So many of the grandparents insisted their kids speak English outside the home, acting as translators within the home, and now people of my generation don't know the language of their grandparents because it was not allowed to be spoken! I've asked this because I suck at foreign languages and always thought being raised in a multilingual household would be great. If your parents spoke two languages then why didn't my friends learn them as well? Time and again the answer is the same, English was what the children would learn and only learn because the children had access to a public school system that would teach them English. The general exception to this is in the Hispanic communities where Spanish is alive and well as a dual language. All the second-generation people I know from Puerto Rico or other Spanish-speaking countries speak Spanish and English fluently. For whatever reason these cultures believe they can assimilate while maintaining at least some of their cultural identity via language.

When I watched the debates, I was humored by how direct Romney was about the immigration policy with McCain. Sadly, the democratic candidates never got into this issue. Romney kept asking McCain: "Would you give the illegals amnesty or send them back?" This is only one issue, and I'm far from an expert political analyst, but I'm not one for rewarding bad behavior. Send them all packing, get at the end of the line, and apply for citizenship the right way. All these foreigners here on expired visas - bye bye! They need to leave. People who won't assimilate and be an American - go back where you came from and don't let the door hit ya. When will the people of this country find their spines and quit wimping out about being so politically correct and afraid to offend someone? Australia has the right idea. "If you don't like our country and you don't want to fit in, maybe this isn't the right place for you". I love it! We need to take lessons from Australia. I speak 4 foreign languages - 2 fairly well. Why can't these losers learn English if they want to live here? Why isn't it a mandatory requirement? The California DMV gives drivers' tests in multiple languages. Great. They put these people on the roads and they can't read the signs. We can't rely on the president to make everything wonderful. It has to come from each and every one of us wanting to raise the bar. If we don't wake up as a society, we'll be overthrown due to our own apathy. I figure that I'll be dead and gone before it gets really bad, but I won't give up as long as I'm still breathing.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't have to be restricted to Republicans to choose Fred Thompson.

However, if I had to vote for a Democrat, it would be Bill Richardson.

Fred Thompson seems to be under the impression that he is running for Dogcatcher in Chatanooga. How is he expecting people to care about his campaign and vote for him, when he is giving the impression that he barely cares himself. Surely he didn't think that he would win the nomination and presidency by relying on the fact that he is a hollywood B-list actor, did he?

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fred Thompson seems to be under the impression that he is running for Dogcatcher in Chatanooga. How is he expecting people to care about his campaign and vote for him, when he is giving the impression that he barely cares himself. Surely he didn't think that he would win the nomination and presidency by relying on the fact that he is a hollywood B-list actor, did he?

Worked for Reagan. :biggrin1:

(sorry... couldn't resist..!)

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't like either political party but I think Repubs suck worse than Dems.
It is sad that these losers are the best that America has to offer to run for public office. But I'm sure Democrats will win big this time, for the White House and the congress.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yet you not only opened and read this thread but actually posted a response, asinine though it was. Your time apparently isn't worth much at all.

I dont vote replubican because they always stand for hate, your reponse to my post is a typical backwoods hillbilly response.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Monster, I've been to Austin, and it's very flat. They have rivers going through it, and a respectable Bat population.

So HazelGod is not a Hill Billy.

Bush lives there, and he was from Connecticut. When he moved in he lowered the state's average IQ.

What is said in another thread should stay there.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Monster, I've been to Austin, and it's very flat. They have rivers going through it, and a respectable Bat population.

Bush lives there, and he was from Connecticut. When he moved in he lowered the state's average IQ.

I agree with what happens in one thread should stay there.

I grew up in Texas and have spent extensive time in Austin as well as other Texas citys and there are hillbillys all over Texas, not all are but, there are backwards people there. You dont need hills to make a hillbilly

I wont cross post anymore threads. OK?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

austin = texas hill country....

you're ignorant on it... i'm in san francisco... and austin IS texas HILL country... so unless you live in Tibet STFU.

I'm torn between Romney, Thompson, and Hunter right now.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hahahahahahahahaha...do we need a thread on this forum for "If you could only pick a democratic candidate who would you pick?"

I'm for Ron Paul the whole way...limiting the government to what it's actually allowed to do. Perhaps that seems extreme for some, but only because the government has expanded FAR beyond its constitutional powers, as some have cited with Bush and the Patriot Act. Like, for example, the unconstitutionality of the income tax. Paul doesn't oppose it because he loves the rich and hates the poor, he opposes it because it's illegal. There is no law on the books requiring you to actually submit a federal income tax return, because if there was it would be in violation of congress's powers to tax and numerous Supreme court decisions. Sure people have been thrown in jail for not paying taxes, but only due to lower courts' defiance of Supreme Court precedent and poor legal representation. Call the IRS and ask them, you won't get a straight answer :rolleyes:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hahahahahahahahaha...do we need a thread on this forum for "If you could only pick a democratic candidate who would you pick?"

I'm for Ron Paul the whole way...limiting the government to what it's actually allowed to do. Perhaps that seems extreme for some, but only because the government has expanded FAR beyond its constitutional powers, as some have cited with Bush and the Patriot Act. Like, for example, the unconstitutionality of the income tax. Paul doesn't oppose it because he loves the rich and hates the poor, he opposes it because it's illegal. There is no law on the books requiring you to actually submit a federal income tax return, because if there was it would be in violation of congress's powers to tax and numerous Supreme court decisions. Sure people have been thrown in jail for not paying taxes, but only due to lower courts' defiance of Supreme Court precedent and poor legal representation. Call the IRS and ask them, you won't get a straight answer :rolleyes:
This is the kind of nonsense that scares me about Ron Paul supporters. I am all for limited government power, but I am not for spreading around groundless lunacy about income tax laws. Qua, I invite you to conisder the following:

The federal tax laws are contained in the Internal Revenue Code, also known as Title 26 of the United States Code, which is the compilation of laws passed by the Congress (“Title” basically means “Volume” when applied to the U.S. Code as a whole, so Title 26 is what might more casually be called Volume 26).
The Internal Revenue Code is the law that requires people to pay taxes (and yes, the Internal Revenue Code is a law ).
The most important statutory provision with regard to income taxes is section one of the tax code, 26 U.S.C. § 1. This is the section that actually imposes the income tax. It’s very simply written. If you are unmarried, the relevant provision is § 1(c), which states:

"There is hereby imposed on the taxable income of every individual . . . who is not a married individual a tax determined in accordance with the following table:"
followed by a table specifying the tax rates on various income amounts. If you are married, you are covered by the similar provision at § 1(a). There are also a couple of other possible filing statuses covered elsewhere in § 1 (such as “head of household”), but the basic point is that section 1 imposes an income tax.

Section 1, it will be observed, imposes the tax on your “taxable income.” How do you know what that is? Section 63 of the Code, 26 U.S.C. § 63, defines “taxable income” to mean “gross income minus the deductions allowed” by chapter 1 of the Code, so now we need to know what “gross income” is. So we turn to section 61 of the Code, 26 U.S.C. § 61, which provides the critical definition:
[G]ross income means all income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) the following items:
(1) Compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items;
(2) Gross income derived from business;
(3) Gains derived from dealings in property;
(4) Interest;
(5) Rents;
(6) Royalties;
(7) Dividends;
. . .

Now, how do you know that you have to file a tax return and actually pay the tax? Section 6151 of the code, 26 U.S.C. § 6151, says:
"[W]hen a return of tax is required under this title or regulations, the person required to make such return shall, without assessment or notice and demand from the Secretary, pay such tax to the internal revenue officer with whom the return is filed, and shall pay such tax at the time and place fixed for filing the return (determined without regard to any extension of time for filing the return)."

You can look up the above statutes yourself in any law library (just ask the librarian to help you find Title 26 of the United States Code.) These statutes demonstrate that the claim that there is no law requiring anyone to file income tax returns or pay income tax is complete nonsense.

9incharkansasdick

Experimental Member
Media
Nice research, Justasking. Ron Paul has some serious flaws in his interpretation of the law.

I will be voting for Mike Huckabee. He is a friend of mine and I believe he will make the better president. He is not rich and never will be. We have picked guitars with each other many times. He is very talented and a very smart man.

I can not vote for Obama, Clinton, Gulianni, Romney, or Paul.

By the way, Monster, hillbillies are NOT in Texas, they are in Arkansas and Missouri. Hillbillies come from the Ozark Mountains. I should know, I am one...and PROUD! Cowboys and Rednecks are in Texas.