Republican Candidates

dazedandconfused

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Monster:

It is again quite funny you are laughing at me for my statement. You painted republicans with a broad brush with hate, pro war, anti-gay etc...

The nature of the beast for a politician is to win elections. I think the majority of republicans are ok with gay rights (gay marriage is a whole seperate issue. I am for letting it but it is a losing issue since a large number of states are banning it).

The ones who are most heard from are the fringe elements (remember Nixon's "silent majority?). Do you ever hear "let's wait for all the evidence" about a crime being discussed on tv? No, it is ussually fringe elements screeching.

You say hate, is it hate or indifference? Pandering to the Black of Gay community is a lose issue for a republican. If they do this, they lose the very conservative base and they will still overwhelmingly lose the demographics of gays and blacks.

I think some combine gay rights with allowing gay marriage. I am sure there are plenty of people who support gay rights who do not support the idea of gay marriage. And for those who do not support gay rights, well? People hate all the time. I am overweight and have been made fun of all my life and I am looking at statistics that tell me I will have a harder time getting a job than a skinny counterpart...

As for democrats. They champion themselves as standing up for the people. They raised all kinds of hell over the Jena issue. However, where were they and where are they now that we have details of what might be the biggest case of civil rights violations in this country in more than 50 years (Duke lacrosse case)? Just off the top of my head:

1. Accuser changed stories, including number of attackers (20, 5, 4, 3), many times. At one point, she claimed her fellow "dancer" was involved in the rape.

2. Accuser has an EGREGIOUS criminal record (stole a police car and tried to run over an officer).

3. A photo lineup conducted by the police with pictures of just the lacrosse team and no fillers (shooting fish in a barrell).

4. Descriptions of "attackers" didnt even get in the ballpark of any of the accused.

5. One of the accused was indicted before police could even place him at the party!

6. DA publically called the lacrosse players hooligans and (falsely, by the way) accused the players of hiding behind a blue wall of silence.

7. Conspired with the head of a lab to hide exculpatory DNA evidence.

8. Refused to meet with defense attorneys who were willing to share exculpatory evidence.

9. Not only was there no evidence (a SEVERLY messed observations of a feminest SANE nurse IN TRAINING who mistook discharge from a yeast infection for semen and the false accusers messed up stories and lies), there were MOUNDS of exculpatory evidence. Yet the case dragged on for eight months before turning it over to the NC AG.

Nothing from the "people's party"

supporter22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hasn't the reagan, bush, bush history taught us nothing? The war mongers will continue the post industrial war machine as long as their cronies profit. Mc...what's his face can extol all he wants about his "differences" but true change will come with either a person of color or a person of a different gender or an entire collapse of the economy....I hope I hope, I hope...

whatshisface

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The first one I would reference would be Vanity Fair. This is a region of the world where women cant drive cars moreless run for office. I really liked her and her ideas and believe had she not been female she would still be here.

Bhutto essentially gave ISI complete freedom to do what they wanted in Afghanistan, which led to the Taliban's ascension there. Her ideas essentially entailed to let the conservative Pakistani generals do what they wanted in Afghanistan, which led to the slaughter and oppression of thousands of women. This image of her as a champion of women's rights is completely false. She got into office on the coat tails of her dad.

BTW, Pakistan is not Saudi Arabia. With the exception of the NWFP, women do have rights and freedoms there.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Because Im more of a fiscal conservative and social libral. I dont really care what you do in your personal life as long as I dont have to pay for it. My belief is that our elected leaders have no right to incur debt in the name of the taxpayer. Most never truely share their beliefs only what big program they want to implement. ie heath care for kids. except not one mentioned they consider kids up to age 35. 9 trillion in debt I believe will cost you and I our current standard of living.

If you are a fiscal conservative then I don't understand how you can vote Republican. Look at the deficit spending in the Reagan/Bush/Bush years and compare it to the years of surpluses the US had in the 90's. I agree that all this debt (much of held by un-friendly powers such as the Chinese) will eventually lower the standard of living.

Canada had the same problem. The Conservative government in the 1980's spent money like drunken sailors. They increased the spending levels over what had been the norm under the previous Liberal govt. We were really going down the economic tubes fast. It took another Liberal government, starting in the early 90's, to bite the bullet and get spending under control and start to pay down the public debt. The results have been a much more prosperous and healthy economy. It was a painful transition, but well worth it.

I think this idea that politicians on the right are more fiscally responsible than those on the left is a myth. Recent history in North America just doesn't support the argument. I am not saying that all conservatives are big spenders running up the debts. That is clearly not the case... Mrs. Thatcher is a case in point. It just makes no sense to say, as I always hear, the left wing governments are big spenders.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hasn't the reagan, bush, bush history taught us nothing? The war mongers will continue the post industrial war machine as long as their cronies profit. Mc...what's his face can extol all he wants about his "differences" but true change will come with either a person of color or a person of a different gender or an entire collapse of the economy....I hope I hope, I hope...

I'm sorry I just dont understand this is it based on fact or emotion?

wesley12

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RON PAUL is the only candidate for at least the last 100 years that wants th US government to scale down to it's legal size and get back to the constitution. If you hold up the Constitution and Karl Marx's Manifesto every politician's platform is in line with Marxism, expect Ron Paul. Our government is suppose to be a reresentative republic not a mob ruled democracy. All democracys fail because once voters realize they can vote themselves benefits at someone elses exepense they do it. The politicians that have been elected since Grover Cleveland have all promised illegal benefits stolen from on group and given to another. Our monetary,foriegn policy are even more corrupt than our domestic prgorams and the big politically connected businesses are making billions off the taxpayers under the guise of whatever boogey man keeps the citizens afraid. Our founding fathers thought the Constituion was giving to much power to the central govenment and half of the delegates didn't even bother to vote for it, because the freedoms they were giving up didn't make sense since they just finished the war with England ten years before to get thier freedoms Now most citizens who are governent schooled don't even know what is in the constitution or why it was written or that we had a government before it was written, put it this way George Washington was the 11 presidentand most Americns don't know that. Sorry for ranting I cold go on all day with this stuff. Ron Paul is the only true American running if Americans believe in freedom of life, liberty and property.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you are a fiscal conservative then I don't understand how you can vote Republican. Look at the deficit spending in the Reagan/Bush/Bush years and compare it to the years of surpluses the US had in the 90's. I agree that all this debt (much of held by un-friendly powers such as the Chinese) will eventually lower the standard of living.

Canada had the same problem. The Conservative government in the 1980's spent money like drunken sailors. They increased the spending levels over what had been the norm under the previous Liberal govt. We were really going down the economic tubes fast. It took another Liberal government, starting in the early 90's, to bite the bullet and get spending under control and start to pay down the public debt. The results have been a much more prosperous and healthy economy. It was a painful transition, but well worth it.

I think this idea that politicians on the right are more fiscally responsible than those on the left is a myth. Recent history in North America just doesn't support the argument. I am not saying that all conservatives are big spenders running up the debts. That is clearly not the case... Mrs. Thatcher is a case in point. It just makes no sense to say, as I always hear, the left wing governments are big spenders.

Your response is very well stated. In my response Im going to veer off of the topic of the thread so Im going to try to make short.

First of all many economist would argue that the economies of the U.S and Canada are so great is size that effect of change in policy/spending are felt years afterward. That being said what occurred in the Reagan/Mulroney years would have been realized by the Clinton administration. The policies of Roosevelt were enjoyed throughout the 1950's and 60's. Many would argue that the ending of WWII fueled that expansion. One would have to look at activity in the UK during the same years to understand my point.

Second the fiscal policy of the current Bush is far from conservative if anything they are textbook libral. A perfect example is "No Child left Behind" the merits of this program are yet to be decided. TSA is another example. This Bush entered Washington set on "reaching out" to the otherside. The results are the biggest cluster fuck in history. Goverment, right or wrong, today just does not work that way.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
And in addition, every previous job Bush held, the company went bankrupt.

The next administration is going to have to deal with the Corporate Finacial hammerlock the current administration has doled out to Haliburton and others like it.

Haliburton is a reincarnation of I.G.Farben.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And in addition, every previous job Bush held, the company went bankrupt.

The next administration is going to have to deal with the Corporate Finacial hammerlock the current administration has doled out to Haliburton and others like it.

Haliburton is a reincarnation of I.G.Farben.

thats a great point. But I must give credit where credit is due. At least he has had a job.

Your views on Haliburton are interesting. Im curious to know what you think of Enron and the role goverment played in the events leading to its collapse.

Simon9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ron Paul definitely. Nearly everything the federal government does is blatantly unconstitutional and Paul is one of the few who recognizes that. Everything the federal govt touches it bungles which is a great reason alone to have them do a lot less.

The Neocons among us might think we can afford to be everywhere forever, but then it's our kids who'll be stuck paying the bills for it and they won't thank us.

The beast has to be reigned in and electing Paul would be a good start. Check out the 9th and 10th amendments to the Constitution and figure out how well most current fed behavior flatly contradicts it.

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm still liking Fred. McCain seems almost like a RINO to me. Agree to some level of frustration w/Ron Paul - I'd love to like the guy but I just can't.