Republican disregard for the Law

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Phil Ayesho, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Found out last night that the RNC and McCain campaign used at least 3 popular songs- one at the convention, and two in campaign ads...

WITHOUT permission of the copyright holders... and without paying royalties for use.

Absolute blatant dismissal of property rights and copyright law.

What is it? Do they have some kind of congenital defect that makes them HAVE to break the law ?

So now- McCain is faced with lawsuits over copyright infringement.

This latest criminal act lengthens an already impressive list...

McCain's original involvment in the Keating 5.

McCain's legislative support for unconstitutional Bush initiatives.

Palin's using her office to conduct personal vendetta.

Palin absconding with earmarked federal funds after canceling the project they were voted for.

Palin's purposefully setting up illegal communications networks among staff for the express purpose of evading subpoena and obstruction of justice.

Palin suborning obstruction of justice by instructing her staff to NOT compy with subpoenas from the Alaskan legislature. ( the state they supposedly serve.)

Yeah-- this is definitely the team for America's Conservative voter...

The Fuck the Constitution Ticket.

2. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

you're being awful tough on old McCain. Do you think he downloaded the songs from Napster?

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Silly question. Everyone knows that today's GOP doesn't know how to use a computer! Lemme go recheck Palin's Yahoo Account and see if she's been sending her friends anymore file attachments. :rolleyes: :biggrin1:

4. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Did you forget Palin taking per diem money for the days that she stayed home?

5. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Another bitter Liberal rant...

6. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

No, his staff copied them from a CD.

But you have to be an idiot, or feel yourself above the law not to know that USE of copyrighted materials- especially on air- has to be PAID for.

To use copyrighted songs for advertising or promotional purposes REQUIRES permission from the copyright holder.

PARTICULARLY when such use might imply an endorsement from the author of the agenda of those using the music.

It could actually become a LIBEL suit....

If McCain and his staff ( who will become his administration staff) are THIS fucking stupid... or this fucking unconcerned with adherence to law...

they DO NOT BELONG in office.

They belong in School, or in jail.

7. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Ah yes... elected officials upholding the law is now a "liberal" agenda?

Of course- just look at Bush's legacy of disregarding law...
    typical that republicans are more concerned with lapel pins than they are with keeping their oaths of office..
    And even more typical that republican fanatics dismiss any republican excesses with attacks on liberals.

It not liberal,... its the law.
    Did you get an F in Constitution class?

I though conservatives were supposed to be FOR law and order...?
    ...FOR the rights of the property holder?

I guess you guys make an exception for anyone in your party, eh?

talk about elitism...

As a person who holds copyrights I am somewhat concerned about a potential administration that thinks those laws don't apply to them.

8. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    he should go to jail immediately.

phil, you are a loon.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And you say liberal like it's a bad word. :biggrin1:

10. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

No- I am a supporter of law and order...
    And ESPECIALLY among elected officials.

Elected officials who break their oaths of office should be tossed out of office immediately.

If they commit crimes they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

How you keep people in power from abusing that power is to make it clear that they will not walk away from their criminal activity.

Palin's illegal communications scan should get her ousted as governor, so that ANY elected official, Republican OR democrat will be less likely to try and evade transparency in government.

Calling me a loon is NOT a valid argument why such excesses and crimes should be ignored or tolerated..

So why don't you pony up some explanation, some analysis of WHY criminal acts on the part of elected officials should NOT be prosecuted?

C'mon... explain to one and all why a call for politicians to be held to the law is loony?

Seriously... forward SOMETHING to show you think about your positions...
    Anything...

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    The RNC was asked publically by two groups (I can't remember who) during the convention to stop using their music and were refused. One was later told they would be paid for the privilege and they repeated the call, saying that they "didn't want to be associated with any political cause", which was awfully polite of them, I thought. It's a rather typical combination of insensitivity and arrogance.

12. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know why you expect us to believe someone like you without a source for these wild accusations. The only thing I ever heard about songs and copyrights is when the Female lead rock group, "Heart" refused to allow the second female VP candidate in American history to use their song AFTER THE MCCAIN CAMPAIGN BOUGHT THE RIGHTS TO USE IT.

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The irony of this post is so thick, if you actually formed it into a dildo it would be bigger than Mandingo.

Just remember this line next time you create another one of your anti-Democrat threads using incomplete source material posted on a conservatively biased website. :biggrin1:

14. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    I guess you are another one of those dumb liberals that doesn't know the difference between an opinion and an unsubstantiated accusation.

Here is an opinion: It is my firm belief that democrat leaders use false accusations because their sheep will accept them as fact.

If it is fact, it should be substantiated, especially when you start the accusation off with "I just found out last night". Maybe we weren't there. Where did you "find this out" and was it a credible source?

But most importantly, Vinylboy, you will never catch me in anything because my intellect is far superior to yours.

15. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    http://www.lpsg.org/99383-mccain-camp-sued-stealing-more.html

16. lucky8

Gold Member

It's true, his party did infringe on a few copyrights...as a musician, I would be pissed too. Anyone else hear that McCain has put his campaign on hold?

17. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well I won't give you too much crap for siting ONE source called Gone-Hollywood.com (lol). I need at least ONE SINGLE credible source (other than an obvious liberal cheerleading site or a blog) that states that the objections are either coming from the sole owners of the copyrighted material, or that the McCain campaign or National RNC used copyrighted material without going through the proper procedure to use it legally.

This article DOES NOT SAY THIS.

For example, if McCain camp used a Beatles song, Paul McCartney could cry all he wanted because Micheal Jackson owns the Beatles library. If McCain wanted to use a Beatles song he would have to get permission from Micheal.

Another example is the thing with Heart. When the McCain Camp used Baracuda, they got permission LEGALLY but the ignorant sexist lead singer of Heart objected after the fact and the permission was denied after the fact.

I want to read from a credible source that a law was actually broken. According to your silly source, McCain got sued after the fact, and really it was the Ohio state RNC that used it (and only after Browne was hit in the wallet by angry liberal fans accusing him of supporting McCain by allowing him to use his songs).

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Yes. I am a liberal. I wear the term proudly because I'm not afraid of what it means. You can try to make it look like something negative, but it won't work in my case.

BTW... just to let an "ignorant Republican" such as yourself know, I have voted Republican before. I lived in Massachusetts back when Weld was a governor. IMO, He's one of the very few Republican Governors that deserved any kind of real respect. Just remember this next time you want to call me a "dumb liberal". :rolleyes:

Edited to prove a point. Let's play Rhetorical Mad Libs!!!
    The statement is interchangeable based on whatever load of bullshit you want to devour! I can easily put the word "Republican" in your statement and it'll mean the same exact thing to those who want to fall for the bullshit.

Sure about that? Why don't you go back to your thread about the ten poorest cities in the United States? I asked you to bring up REAL proof about how extensive Democratic rule made these cities the worst when it comes to poverty and you couldn't. I even gave you a link to start and you ignored it completely. You start fights, putting out political drivel that cannot be proven with any high level of research or substantial statistics. And when you're called on it, you yell and scream about how poor people and Democrats are the reason why America is all fucked up. So typical, and so pathetic of the "ignorant Republican".

Just an aside, you're better off trying to insult Democrats as a whole. Let's not try to make this personal because don't want to engage in another debate that you'd lose. Trust me. :rolleyes:

19. lucky8

Gold Member

It's kind of a B.S. situation if you ask me. The party didn't actually break a law when it comes to music (but they did when they used an excerpt from Wayne's World), (I shoulda stated this in my first post) because they filed for a license with ASCAP, but they still don't have the permission of the few artists who don't want their music played at RNC rallies. I believe in natural law, not positivism, and to me, this SHOULD classify as copyright infringement because the artists did not give the party permission. It shows the arrogance and lack of respect the party has. It's a loophole, that's all it is. So you're right, legally, nothing can be done, but that still doesn't make it right...granted, it's just a fucking song, but still, have at least a little respect people's wishes.

20. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ummm...how to respond??? How are you more insecure about being called a liberal than dumb? Well I guess that says it all.

Draft saved Draft deleted