Republican health Care Plan. FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Industrialsize, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Bring the Doctor a Chicken, paint his house.(You can't make this shit up)
    On Monday, Lowden doubled down on the barter idea: "You know, before we all started having health care, in the olden days, our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor. They would say I'll paint your house."
    We asked Lowden spokesperson Crystal Feldman how this could ever be a workable policy, in an era of costly procedures, tests, pharmaceuticals and provider networks? "Americans are struggling to pay for their health care, and in order to afford coverage we must explore all options available to drive costs down," Feldman told TPMDC in an e-mail.

Lowden Campaign: 'Bartering With Your Doctor Is Not A New Concept' | TPMDC

Sue Lowden's Chickens for Checkups - DSCC: Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

2. Northland

Gold Member

I don't have to worry about paying my medical debt, the hospital just shut down.

3. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    St Vincent's?

4. Northland

Gold Member

That's the one. I can see the 11th street side from my apartment. I think it's the Spellman Buidling. Anyway a ton of my medical history there. The bigger impact is the neighborhood which will take a hit. More than 3000 employees there, clinics, and the people in businesses serving those people and the visitors of patients. Should be interesting. I fall apart everytime I here another blurb on it, it's been my medical lifeline for more than 30 years.

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

Well then, maybe I could barter for health care in the USA with a bushel of ketchup. It is still considered a vegetable in the eyes of the Republicans, isn't it?

Once again, reinforcement from the "Chickens for Checkups" genius of the GOP that my decision to become a resident alien living in Spain has been one of the better decisions I've ever made.

6. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

I wonder how an elderly person in poor health would fare performing manual labor outside in the NV heat?

Why doesn't this sociopathic bitch just say what she really meant?... "I have no plan to offer, because I don't care. I've got mine, so fuck every last one of you. The sooner you all just go away and die, the less it will cost me"

7. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wonder why she didn't mention sexual favors as a method of payment.

8. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^She's keeping that one for herself.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Will buckets of KFC qualify for the "Chickens for Checkups" program?
    I'll throw in extra spicy if it will cover my prescriptions. :biggrin:

10. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

I hereby officially challenge her to provide a list of doctors and hospitals, which are capable of serving the needs of NV's citizens, who operate on the "chickens as currency" system (along with a price chart), or withdraw her candidacy.

In fact, I think I might get extra cute and submit an editorial to NV's largest newspapers suggesting this obvious retort.

11. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would, not that it'll do a diddly-squat bit of good.

12. midlifebear

Gold Member

The Las Vegas Sun, AKA The Sun, is having a great time with little Suzie Lowden, AKA, Low Down. She was a talking puppet for years on the local news and true to type (blondes) she's as dumb as a bucket of nails. Despite what most people believe, only the sparsely cow country parts of Nevada are conservative and republican. Vegas politics are still bought and sold on the open market to the highest bidders, as it has historically been since Vegas was an it an itty bitty mormon settlement. Wait a month or two and someone from Carson/Reno/Sparks/Incline Village will become a GOP "contendah" to whomp poor (and old) Harry.

The investment corporation with the winning bid will most likely find someone else to run agains Reid. But don't discount poor Harry. People are beginning to rethink how much they think they hate him. He's the first Nevada politician to commit political suicide by pushing through legislation that, as poorly crafted as it currently is, is necessary to protect the have nots as well as the haves. That kind of courage is something that "dumb cowboys" admire. Realtors aren't too thrilled. But the poor throughout the rest of the State are muttering about having some respect for Reid, especially compared to his evangelical adulterer counter part, John Ensign who is from Vegas and currently under investigation by the FBU and Senate Ethics Committee.

As for Little Suzie, she's chump change. A third-rate alcoholic detective can dig up enough dirt on her to stall her campaign. After all, she is famous for having fucked her way to success. She certainly didn't do it on brains. :smile:

P.S. The other Vegas daily, The Tribune, is less exciting than The Magic Nickel Want Ads and has about the same prestige.:rolleyes:

Old Vegas joke:
    Q: What do you get when you stand Sue Lowden on her head?
    A: A stinky brunette.

#12 midlifebear, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  13. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    Maybe that's what the chicken is for - "Hey doc, I can't afford to pay for medicine. Have my cock instead!"

14. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    And this from the Party that loves Money even more than God or Guns.

15. Industrialsize

Albums:
  16. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

I love doing stuff like that, because then I can sign it with my website's name and draw a bunch of traffic. :biggrin1:

17. Industrialsize

Albums:
    The devil is in the details:
    Total U.S. health care costs in 2008: $2.3 trillion
    US population: About 300 million
    Average cost of health care per person: $7,681
    Average weight of a chicken: 5.9 lbs
    Market price per pound: 85 cents
    Average spot price per chicken: $5.02
    Average number of chickens per resident needed to cover health care costs: 1,530 chickens
    Total number of chickens needed to cover United States health care costs: 459 billion chickens
    Estimated worldwide chicken population: 16 billion chickens
    Current worldwide chicken shortage to cover U.S. health care: 443 billion cluckers

Fowl Math For A Chicken-Based Health Care Economy | TPMDC

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Does this make Perdue Farms our nation's official bank, and Tyson our private health insurance? :biggrin1:

19. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    It just shows how the Republicans were never serious about providing health care. That lady from Nevada is a serious shit for brains. What's funny is that the voters of Nevada are such assholes that they would rather vote for a retard than vote for the good guy in the race. Sue Lowden's comments were flippant and dismissive. She shows that she has a ridiculous view of reality and has a serious detachment from the common folk.

Republicans don't give a shit about mankind... they only care about money and power.

Is this not plain as day to you Republicans on the board?

Bartering for health care? What fucking doctor would take a chicken as payment?

You guys are continually shedding your human disguises for all to see.

Ice cold blood in the veins...

Just like the snakes that you are!

You are not the good guys, you are the devil's spawn.

20. Levi

Levi New Member

Albums:
    Bartering for health care? What fucking doctor would take a chicken as payment?
    When I saw that I assumed that it was meant to be a joke by the woman but she clearly did mean it.
    There are some amazingly stupid and evil people in the world.

Draft saved Draft deleted