Republican health Care Plan. FINALLY!

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, she definitely means it, as this has been a recurring theme in her remarks about HCR over time. It wasn't just something she blurted out one day when she was flustered or trying to be funny.

FBAnder

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Haha looking at this article LITERALLY yes it is ridiculous to offer a chicken as payment for a quad bypass. However, I fix computers for a living, if I needed an immunization and instead of paying cash I offered to fix the doctor's home PC and he agrees. What is the big deal? No reason for everything to be so institutionalized.

Tripod, your post is terrible. I'm not a Republican and I'm disappointed in such a hate filled, baseless post. There is not one rich Democrat, right? L-O-L. The Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans when it comes to money and power; each just goes about obtaining those items in different ways.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha looking at this article LITERALLY yes it is ridiculous to offer a chicken as payment for a quad bypass. However, I fix computers for a living, if I needed an immunization and instead of paying cash I offered to fix the doctor's home PC and he agrees. What is the big deal?
By all means then, please tell us about the doctors you have dealt with who took barter over cash, and tell us about the treatment you received.

Also, if you can, please leave their names and numbers so that we can call them and get the same deal.

FBAnder

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
By all means then, please tell us about the doctors you have dealt with who took barter over cash, and tell us about the treatment you received.

Also, if you can, please leave their names and numbers so that we can call them and get the same deal.

I didnt say it had occured, I was giving an example. If a doctor agreed to those terms what would be the problem? Shame on him for not taking money?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My Dad use to fix his dentist's boat and dentist maintained his teeth. Of course they were good friends and would go fishing on the boat too. To bad the dentist died, because dad's false teeth don't fit and neither Medicare or the extra insurance the folks pay for (5000$ a year), will pay for proper dentures.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
How many chickens wold your medical treatment cost? Use this handy-dandy calculator to find out:
Lowden Plan Medical Chicken Calculator
Love it. :biggrin1:
"Your healthcare provider may not accept chickens for payment, but many accept other livestock. The Chicken Calculator can not convert medical procedures to sheep, goats, pigs, ducks, cows, llamas, ostriches, etc. Check with your local livestock association for current exchange rates and providers."

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didnt say it had occured, I was giving an example.
Giving an example of what? Things you can imagine that never would or could occur? How does a doctor pay for his expenses with chickens, or a repaired PC for that matter?

What you 'gave' us was a hypothetical fantasy, NOT a workable solution to one of the most serious problems this country faces.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tennessee GOP State Rep.: Some People Pay For Health Care With Vegetables

It turns out that Senate candidate Sue Lowden (R-NV) is not the only politician out there who has promoted the idea of the barter system as part of health care. Yet another pro-barter Republican, state Rep. Mike Bell (R-TN), has been talking up the practices of Mennonites who pay doctors with vegetables.
Tennessee GOP State Rep.: Some People Pay For Health Care With Vegetables | TPMDC

If I was a doctor, I'd accept some nice fat cucumbers as payment :tongue:

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought the Republicans have had a health care plan for 50 years! Get sick: pay a rich doctor and boost the dividends for insurance company investors or suffer and die. Pretty straightforward, not like these latter day Samaritan democrats.

FBAnder

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Giving an example of what? Things you can imagine that never would or could occur? How does a doctor pay for his expenses with chickens, or a repaired PC for that matter?

What you 'gave' us was a hypothetical fantasy, NOT a workable solution to one of the most serious problems this country faces.

What is the solution?

Levi

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Haha looking at this article LITERALLY yes it is ridiculous to offer a chicken as payment for a quad bypass. However, I fix computers for a living, if I needed an immunization and instead of paying cash I offered to fix the doctor's home PC and he agrees. What is the big deal? No reason for everything to be so institutionalized.

that's quite interesting that is in fact a modern take on the kind of society proposed by utilitarians, which is a billion squadrillion miles from American republicanism.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media

that's quite interesting that is in fact a modern take on the kind of society proposed by utilitarians, which is a billion squadrillion miles from American republicanism.

The whole big deal is that the IRS can't find a way to tax it. The zeal of the IRS is pretty awful: when Xavier Hollander wrote her books on her years as a prostitute, some agents ran a tally and best guessed assumption on the money she made and presented her with a bill, with penalty interest added.