Republican legislator soliciting sex says it's a "misunderstanding"

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by SteveHd, Jul 13, 2007.

1. SteveHd

Gold Member

Another wayward Republican has an inappropriate encounter with a male undercover officer! Note: Titusville [tight us vil] is near the Kennedy Space Center. Merritt Island is south of KSC near Cocoa.

A problem with zipper control?:biggrin1:
    OrlandoSentinel.com
    Brevard lawmaker asked officer for sex, police say

Laurin Sellers

Sentinel Staff Writer

July 12, 2007

TITUSVILLE

State Rep. Bob Allen was arrested Wednesday afternoon at a park after offering to perform a sex act on an undercover officer in exchange for $20, police said.

Allen, R-Merritt Island, was booked into the Brevard County Jail in Sharpes on a charge of solicitation to commit prostitution, a second-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in the county jail and a $500 fine.

He was released a few hours later after posting $500 bail, according to a jail spokesman.

Allen is expected to hold a press conference to discuss the matter at 5 p.m. today.

The legislator, who was first elected in 2000, could not be reached for comment late Wednesday.

Titusville police were at Veterans Memorial Park on East Broad Street on a burglary detail when they noticed an unshaven man acting suspiciously, going into and out of the restroom three times, Lt. Todd Hutchinson said.

An undercover officer went into one of the bathroom stalls, Hutchinson said. Moments later, Allen knocked on the stall door and offered to perform oral sex on the officer for $20, the police spokesman said.

The officer identified himself and took Allen into custody. Hutchinson said the officers had no idea the suspect was a state lawmaker.

"After he was arrested, he mentioned he was a state legislator," Hutchinson said of Allen.

Allen told a television reporter that what happened was a "misunderstanding." But Hutchinson said the lawmaker did not dispute the undercover officer's version of what happened in the park.

Allen, 48, chairman of the House Committee on Energy, is married and has one child.

Laurin Sellers can be reached at lsellers@orlandosentinel.com or 321-795-3251.

Copyright © 2007, Orlando Sentinel
    Source: Brevard lawmaker asked officer for sex, police say -- OrlandoSentinel.com

2. dong20

Gold Member

Who was paying the $20? Perhaps that was the 'misundertanding'.

P.S.

I thought it said TITSVILLE.....

3. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Around here the cops get pissy if you offer them a mere $20. They like to think "the badge" deserve$ more re$pect.

4. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

wait. The senator was offering to perform the sex act ON the officer. Unless that's a misprint, he wasn't buying... he was selling. haha. wow. That's an unusual twist on the regular story. The things they'll do to fundraise these days...

5. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

20$? They ought to give him 5to10 years for being so cheap............:biggrin1:

6. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    That is an absurd thing to arrest someone for.

I graduated from THS, lived just to the south in Indian River City.

7. SteveHd

Gold Member

NIC, while searching for a link, I read the story on several sites and they all mentioned him as the sucker. A.P. was the original source of all the ones I read, though.

The fact that he was offering to suck is one of reasons I posted the story.

8. fortiesfun

Gold Member

See, the problem here is that the Republicans have defined this as inappropriate contact. If they were less concerned about victimless crimes between consenting adults they sure would have less problems. :rolleyes:

9. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

So typical.

"I want to make the laws, even the ridiculous ones. I want the laws to be maintained, upheld, and enforced. I just don't want them to apply to me."

10. SteveHd

Gold Member

Do as I say; not as I do.

Draft saved Draft deleted