Republican or Democrat?

Are you a Republican or Democrat?

• Total voters

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
No offense but what kind of a poll is this? It won't be accurate if there isn't an "other". That's like saying everyone else go fuck themselves, we don't like your kind here. I think you should re-read the constitution, as this ridiculous everything can be labeled as rep/dem right/left is everything a republic like the United States is supposed to avoid.

That said, I'm a member of the Democratic party. But even that isn't a blanket statement, since there are many facets of the party that I agree with and many that I disagree with.

My candidate is the person I believe to be best suited to the job (especially cleaning up our foreign policy mess), but again, I don't agree with everything he says. I just agree with almost everything, which is rare for me.

It's not just right or left. Some people are right-handed, some people are left-handed, but for certain tasks the other hand is needed as well. Beyond that, there are many fingers to choose from when using either hand. All motor functions-- right or left arm-- go through the central nervous system. The CNS is influenced by the various receptors that make up our five senses. We're also governed by the genetic traits passed onto us from our parents. See, there are so many factors behind what you would call right and left, Republican and Democrat.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No offense but what kind of a poll is this? It won't be accurate if there isn't an "other". That's like saying everyone else go fuck themselves, we don't like your kind here. I think you should re-read the constitution,

I think you should re-read the Constitution, nowhere does it say that I can not post a poll any way that I see fit.
I, as the OP, didn't want an other, It may not be accurate anyway because it is public and may keep some people away.

Anyway, I hate other it always wins, it's a copout.

I posted this in haste while reading the Ann Couter post and some Right-wing J.O. who said he was on neither side. Anyway, I like how it the poll was constructed.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am so leftist I consider most communists to be a bunch of right-wing pussies.

I think communits are confused Republicans. They want to stay in power for ever and live the high life while their country suffers.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think you should re-read the Constitution, nowhere does it say that I can not post a poll any way that I see fit.
I, as the OP, didn't want an other, It may not be accurate anyway because it is public and may keep some people away.

Of course, but I wasn't saying you should read the constitution because of the poll, rather because of the thinking behind the poll. And anyway I wrote that line when I was pissed, then I sort of went off on a tangent, then wrote a last paragraph that should've been the whole post. :rolleyes:

PS, it's also one's Constitutional right to declare your poll unconstitutional, even if it isn't. Yay freedom!

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think communits are confused Republicans. They want to stay in power for ever and live the high life while their country suffers.

Whoa whoa whoa. Have you read the Communist Manifesto? Communism as it exists today is not true communism. True communism is forced equality, so there would be no high life. Of course, it's all theoretical, and the current implementations are tyrannies more than anything else. True communists are as far to the other side of the spectrum as you can get without being Veronica_Devine or Sam Jackson or someone equally kickass. :smile:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Communism as it exists today is not true communism. True communism is forced equality, so there would be no high life.

anything forced is bad, including a big dick. No high life and no way to better your existance.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
anything forced is bad, including a big dick. No high life and no way to better your existance.

I didn't give an opinion, I just described it for you. Didn't you say something negative about high life earlier? Or just people living the high life and wanting it to themselves?

There's also the school of thought that by "bettering your existence" you taste power and become hungry for more. Marx wasn't denying people happiness, really, just denying them the possibility of greed.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Always go with the lesser of two evils.

I had a coworker make very interesting comments about this recently. He made the point if they are both evil, why would you vote for either one of them? I made the point that having the lesser of two evils is better, but then he made the point that if the "lesser evil" does something well evil, then didn’t you help put them in power thus its your fault?

I think this year I may look for an Independent something that fits me.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had a coworker make very interesting comments about this recently. He made the point if they are both evil, why would you vote for either one of them? I made the point that having the lesser of two evils is better, but then he made the point that if the "lesser evil" does something well evil, then didn’t you help put them in power thus its your fault?
I think this year I may look for an Independent something that fits me.

Because if you don't vote for the lesser evil we end up in a war in Iraq with innocet soldiers killed (who are children that have not had a chance to begin their adult lives) You end up headed for a recession because of the Billions of $$$ needed to fight that "war".

If you don't vote for the lesser evil, you will have the greater evil take over.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Because if you don't vote for the lesser evil we end up in a war in Iraq with innocet soldiers killed (who are children that have not had a chance to begin their adult lives) You end up headed for a recession because of the Billions of $$$ needed to fight that "war".

If you don't vote for the lesser evil, you will have the greater evil take over.

What if the lesser evil turns out to be more evil? What if the lesser evil is just as evil, what if the lesser evil destroys the country? You can't truely predict who is going to do what.

I never voted for Bush, but when he was elected in 2000 I never could have guessed this was coming, and whos to say Al Gores reaction wouldnt have been worse?

I'm finding the best person for my views, win or lose.

EDIT- Even if the Greater evil takes over I can be happy knowing that I never supported the Greater evil.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Always go with the lesser of two evils.
That is the principle that the Reagan and the first Bush administration followed with regard to the "choice" between Iran and Iraq. We spent ten years bolstering and coddling Saddam Hussein, and then acted all scandalized when he invaded Kuwait. Ten years later -- well, you know what we did under Bush the Second. It is also the basis of the policy that had us providing support to the guerilla fighters in Afghanistan in the 70s and 80s (against the Soviet Union) -- the same guys that provided us with the camps that trained the September 11 highjackers.

The principle that Mem puts forward has too often been an excuse for corrupt, cowardly, and destructive alliances. It obscures the fact that real choices are rarely between two evils: they only seem that way from a lack of imagination. Sometimes the best course is the lesser of two evils: to say that it is always that is, in my judgment, foolish.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am registered as a member of the Democratic Party.

I have in the past been active in the party, was twice a delegate to the state convention.
Now I get involved in volunteering on the campaigns of individual candidates. I have voted for and contributed to Green party candidates, I once voted for a republican, though it was for a nonpartisan assembly position. I plan to vote next year for the incumbent state representative for my area who is a republican, he was the only R. in the legislature to vote against taking away same sex partner benefits for public employees. (there was one butthead D. who voted for it)