Republican or Democrat?

Are you a Republican or Democrat?

• Total voters

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Republicans think it"s chic to be republican because in general reps are more affluent(they think).(designer jeans syndrome).They think democrats represent the poor,the black,the pedestrian populace.Democrats need a good PR firm.
Democrats are more compasionate & charitable.This is what true Americans should be.
Republicans love money. Their own and you ain't getting any.Thats why they freak about taxes. Their uncompasionate and not very charitable and every republican I know is an asshole.
I was a registered repuplican untill I saw the way they attacked Bill Clinton, our country and politics just for their selfish gains.They don't care about politics just about money.(theirs)

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've voted in every presidental election since I became eligible to vote. I don't classify myself as being a republican or democrat. I use to say I voted for the " man not the party. " Now I guess it's being for the " person...not the party."

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I said I'm not responding...I said I'm not responding...I said I'm not responding...

Repeat over and over if necessary.

I said I'm not responding...I said I'm not responding...

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Republicans think it"s chic to be republican because in general reps are more affluent(they think).(designer jeans syndrome).They think democrats represent the poor,the black,the pedestrian populace.Democrats need a good PR firm.
Democrats are more compasionate & charitable.This is what true Americans should be.
Republicans love money. Their own and you ain't getting any.Thats why they freak about taxes. Their uncompasionate and not very charitable and every republican I know is an asshole.
I was a registered repuplican untill I saw the way they attacked Bill Clinton, our country and politics just for their selfish gains.They don't care about politics just about money.(theirs)

democrats only care about politics, no matter how stupid their monetary policies may be. Democrats are a bunch of social sciences students who never had the critical thinking skills beyond "lets raise taxes, throw money at the problem, and if that doesn't help, we throw more at it!"

Democrats never quite understand that beauracracy is doomed to failure. They are like the worthless middle management in corporations that can only ever come up with the solution "lets form a new management office!"

Then when the company starts to lose money, they realise they have acquired a bunch of worthless management offices, and cut jobs. The federal governmnet never cuts jobs though, we just print more money from nothing, which, in turn, means the poor bear the burden the most, since inflation affects energy and food prices greatly, even though it is not taken into consideration in the CPI, (because it would influence it too greatly)

But the worse thing, about Democrats today, is they are mostly supporting a bunch of warmongers and USA PATRIOT Act supporters, just becaus ethey have a D next to their name.

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I really don't want to be associated with any part of the "democratic" system here. Both sides just need to take time off in the next few elections...

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
democrats only care about politics, no matter how stupid their monetary policies may be. Democrats are a bunch of social sciences students who never had the critical thinking skills beyond "lets raise taxes, throw money at the problem, and if that doesn't help, we throw more at it!"

Democrats never quite understand that beauracracy is doomed to failure. They are like the worthless middle management in corporations that can only ever come up with the solution "lets form a new management office!"

Then when the company starts to lose money, they realise they have acquired a bunch of worthless management offices, and cut jobs. The federal governmnet never cuts jobs though, we just print more money from nothing, which, in turn, means the poor bear the burden the most, since inflation affects energy and food prices greatly, even though it is not taken into consideration in the CPI, (because it would influence it too greatly)

But the worse thing, about Democrats today, is they are mostly supporting a bunch of warmongers and USA PATRIOT Act supporters, just becaus ethey have a D next to their name.
Yes there are a lot of fuckups. Its like working in a really bad office situation. There are alot of common people in the dem's circle. Not only do they need good PR but a good shake up and put on a solid course.There are too many people who think they are doing the right thing.They need a solid platform with great leadership.It will be an almost impossible job. At least their hearts are in the right place. Not like cold hearted republicans who would rather fiddle while Rome burns.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes there are a lot of fuckups. Its like working in a really bad office situation. There are alot of common people in the dem's circle. Not only do they need good PR but a good shake up and put on a solid course.There are too many people who think they are doing the right thing.They need a solid platform with great leadership.It will be an almost impossible job. At least their hearts are in the right place. Not like cold hearted republicans who would rather fiddle while Rome burns.

Hillary Clintons heart is not in the right place. All she has ever cared about is winning in politics. In last night debate, she was pretty much saying she would consider a pre-emptive strike on Iran.

Dodd, Biden, and Edwards abondoned those of us who opposed the invasion of Iraq, and those of us who opposed the invasion of our civil liberties. They voted for these abominations... and prioved all they cared about was holding their offices. they are scum, just like the rubber stamp republicans.

Obama voted to renew the USA PATRIOT Act, and cannot pledge (along with Edwards and Clinton) to be out of Iraq by 2013..... That's 5 years from now! These people do not care about America, they care about winning... and even though 70% of America is opposed to the occupation of Iraq, they are still too scared to show any spine.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hillary Clintons heart is not in the right place. All she has ever cared about is winning in politics. In last night debate, she was pretty much saying she would consider a pre-emptive strike on Iran.

Dodd, Biden, and Edwards abondoned those of us who opposed the invasion of Iraq, and those of us who opposed the invasion of our civil liberties. They voted for these abominations... and prioved all they cared about was holding their offices. they are scum, just like the rubber stamp republicans.

Obama voted to renew the USA PATRIOT Act, and cannot pledge (along with Edwards and Clinton) to be out of Iraq by 2013..... That's 5 years from now! These people do not care about America, they care about winning... and even though 70% of America is opposed to the occupation of Iraq, they are still too scared to show any spine.
You won't get an argument out of me here. Republicans make my skin crawl more than anyone else though! My original rant was about people not politicans to be fair. I love my country but hate what it does.

Simon9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I'm also another Libertarian who supports Ron Paul. Traditional Republican and Democratic beliefs had a lot of crossover with basic libertarian values, which is what America was built on. But BOTH major parties have sold us out. And I think most people know it. Whenever I listen to Ron Paul, I find he makes a lot of sense. The folks who dislike him usually have his stances wrong.

I refuse to get into some sophomoric hate-fest about Republicans vs Democrats as if there really was some difference. The differences, where they exist are disgustingly minor. BTW, although he is personally Pro-Life, he thinks it is up to the people of the states to decide, on a state-by-state basis whether to allow legal abortions. Another example of how he doesn't think the federal govt should be running our lives.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Ron Paul is the most over-hyped candidate in as many elections as I can remember. He has all the internet geeks behind him, but that's about it. I've read his positions off of his official site and he is about as Republican as I want to avoid.

Simon9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you'll find he has a lot more than "internet geeks" rooting for him. Paul's donations come almost totally from individual donors, not corporations, including people in the military (maybe they really do want to come home). Of course, the biggest receiver of Defence contractor contributions is....Hillary. Yup.

Yes, it's true that he's anti-war, pro civil liberties and for ending the War on Drugs and wants government, especially at the federal level, out of your life. If that's what you think is very "Republican" and you don't want that, there are PLENTY of candidates who want the opposite for you.

But "over-hyped"? Pul-ease. He doesn't get a fraction of the hype that Hillary, Obama, Guliani and Romney get. I really don't get what about him frightens some people. Do you actually like the status quo? Do you really think it's all just about Bush and that things be fine once he's out?

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Republicans think it"s chic to be republican because in general reps are more affluent(they think).

Whoa partner, you seem to have just about everything wrong.

The Democrat Party and their candidates receive VASTLY more contributions from millionaires than Republicans. For example in the 2000 campaign year 92% of all contributions of $1 Million dollars or more went to the Democrats. The average donation to Democrats is $220 while the average donation to the Republicans is $21.

Your talking point in patently false when you look at the data that is easily retrived over the internet. The current multi-millionaires and billionaires are predominantly Democrats.

ROTFLOL, you just make this stuff up don’t ya. Study after study after study shows the exact opposite is true. Numerous books have been written showing that those who call themselves Republican Conservative Christians give more money to charitable causes by huge amounts.

Well, we have already seen that it is Democrats that appear to love money and won’t part with any while republicans tend to be middle class and donate the most to charitable causes.

I actually used to be a Democrat but changed to a third party because Democrats have become so intolerant, nonsensical and hypocritical.

Hmmm, I dropped being a Democrat when I saw them rally around Bill Clinton rather then do the honorable thing and publicly rebuke him.

PS You seem to be really caught up on this money thing, do some research and learn the truth. Democrats cater to the rich of the rich, when Bill Clinton raised taxes on the middle class (republicans) the top 700 wage earners (Mostly Democrats) were carved out of the bill and they had no tax increase - NICE.

Both big parties are corrupt but do your homework, Democrats are beholden to the very rich.