Republicans are trying to trick us

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My fear is that they will be successful.
The leadership in the House, Mr. Boehner, can marshall his forces and submit a budget that is approved by the folks in the Tea Party and other Republican kooks. They know it won't be approved in the Senate or by Obama. This will allow them to continue on their past course of fiscal irresponsibility because when voters complain they can point the finger at Democrats.
In the last election I had fun pointing out to voters specific cases in which they were going to be harmed by plans put forth by Republican/Tea Party candidates. Many were stunned. The "deer in the headlights" look is priceless.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think most people could see that this would be the tactic for some GOP members in the new Congress. After two years of blatant obstructionism, they're hoping that people will ignore all of that and equate the current grandstanding and political posturing with actual work. Boehner even stated that the reason why they tried to pass a bill to repeal Health Care was because they wanted to send a message to their voters that they're listening. Ignoring the fact that he also said that his number one priority would be job creation.

It's up to us to pay attention to the specifics so that we can fill in the gaps the politicians intentionally leave wide open. That way we can make a more informed choice that really pots their actions in proper perspective come November 2012.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here in the deep south Democrats have an insurmountainable disadvantage because huge numbers vote for Republicans simply because their church leaders encourage them to do so. Republicans are still viewed as the party of Godly people even when they "sin". The sin is excused because the offender simply made a mistake but still votes in a way consistent with a true man of God.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
I think the election well probably hinge on what the economy is doing the year before the election which be next year. See lot of slow going, if the Democrats can spin they are on the right track with economy and keep reminding the voters what a bunch of nut cases that segment of the Republican party is, Obama will have better chance of being reelected.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ballbaby Boehner better bawl over all the damage he's been doing to himself over the years with cigarettes.

Maybe he and Obama can bond during smoking breaks. Am I the only one who has difficulty having faith that men who can't break a lethal addiction are tough enough to run our country?

D

deleted15807

Ignoring the fact that he also said that his number one priority would be job creation.

The #1 priority without a plan? Of course they have no plan. Every problem can be solved via a tax cut or regulatory relief. Tax cut. Check. Regulatory relief. On the way. Of course there is no evidence whatsoever that either equal jobs but it's what the Masters of the Universe on Wall Street demand and will get. So what if the red ink gets even redder or we end up with an oil spill here or a little salmonella there. It's still the Best Congress Money Can Buy.