Republicans Put Up Fake Democrats in Winsconsin

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
...and they ALL lost in that state's primary recall elections. Here, I've chosen a Fox news article for the story:

'Fake' Democrats Lose in Wisconsin Primary Recalls - FoxNews.com

"Overall, Morris was buoyed by the election results.

"The voters of Wisconsin have rejected the Republicans' dirty tricks, despite their best efforts to turn out voters in these primaries for fake candidates," she said."

wtf?????
:confused:

voodooyoudo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wisconsin has open primaries. If someone is registered as a republican, they can go vote in the democratic primary. It seems stupid unless you see the circumstances of why this type of primary was created.

That said, It doesn't really mean anything. Not like anyone was hiding the fact that they weren't really democrats.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Open primaries and the transparency of being fake democrats aside...

this sort of political maneuvering turns me off. I consider myself to be a moderate centrist; sometimes I fall on the right and sometimes I fall on the left, depending entirely on the subject being discussed and the policies being advocated. I think that's most Americans who look at issues on a case-by-case basis and aren't bought and paid for by an agenda espoused by the person who grabs the most attention by shouting the loudest.

When politicians on either side of the isle employe tricks (and that to me is what this was- an effort to dilute and confuse less educated voters) of this sort to further their goals I question the veracity and integrity of the policies and legislation they hope to enact.

Just comes off as slimy... but then I've felt that way about Wisconsin all year long I suppose.

Behold the power of cheese.

JSZ

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I chock it up to the fact that so many otherwise intelligent 'Mericuhns have systematically been deprived of good educations. An education is not considered an asset in the USA. We've been brainwashed into thinking that only blue collar and hard labor workers are the salt of the Earth. God forbid anyone should be able to assess, know how to research, read, and improve themselves. It's the Super Bowl that's the most important thing; then the NBA . . . on and on, etc.

When you get people like Rush Limbaugh calling for the failure of the President and the resurrection of racism crawling out of the cracks of 'Mericuhns subconcious, well . . . we're fucked. There's no reasoning with people who really haven't a clue and act like sheep.

I'm hopeful the Faux News Network will be fully discredited with the fall of Uncle Rupert. But I recently read a teabagvangelical sermon by a loon who has thousands convince Oprah is actually Satan. Go figure.