Repubs handling of Palin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Nov 11, 2008.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

As a card-carrying member of the Republican Party, I must admit that I am deeply bothered, disappointed and disgusted at the post-election public relations surrounding Sarah Palin.

The flippin' jackasses responsible for 'anonymously' leaking news stories of geographical and political ignorance, etc., by Palin are inexcusable by any standards.

You fucking retarded mother@#$%%^'s!!! If you were too hasty in the vetting process that's on you!

Stop crucifying this woman!!! Jezuz!!!

[one, two, three, fou....]

2. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    Being from Alaska I feel I know Sara Palin quiet well but I have never had the pleasure of meeting the woman. That being said from what I have seen of her disappoints me; even though I voted for her. I don't know why the media has fallen so deeply for this woman. She has shown that she is not a woman of her word, has no loyalty to her political party. And has some liberal Ideas as far as fiscal policies go. I wish I could say different but I can't. She makes us seem like idiots up here in Alaska. I hope she can change. BTW I don't like seeing her crucified either.

#2 curious n str8, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Dear starinvestor:

Maybe you can clear something up for me. I've never committed myself to being a member of any poltical party, although I've never failed to vote. So is it really true that if you join up as a Republican that they issue you an official card that you can actually carry in your wallet? Is it also true of Democrats as well? I've got so many cards that I need to carry in my wallet that I don't think I could squeeze in another one. However, if they also offered a secret decoder ring and code card I think that'd be cool.

I know that if you send $20 into Rush Limbaugh he'll send you some sort of "official" Rush Limbaugh card.

I've never seen such a thing as an official "Member of the Republican Party." My AmEx says something like that, though does not accuse me of being anything but a "Member since 1969."

Just wondering.

Oh, yeah, as far as Sarah Palin is concerned -- who really cares?

4. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Dear Midlife:

Great question. I actually had the card designed and produced by Phil Ayesho's graphic design company. It's a huge card, as Phil's disclosures on the back of the card are as long as his posts here on LPSG.

The card is fully equipped with a tip calculator, tax tables, tax-loss harvesting software, and quotes from Ronald Reagan.

It also gets me into nightclubs in affluent suburbs.

I have plenty of room in my wallet as my Amex cards all turned to ash in the last 2 months.

Oh, and Sarah Palin, I care.:wink:

5. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Dude, ... I wish I HAD designed that card...

But your chivalrous defense of Sarah...You would not say the same were she a man...

She had the option of turning down the offer.... if she had had an iota of self knowledge she would have... but she was ambitious and stupid.

So, sorry... She knew the job was dangerous when she took it. ( or should have known )

However... your comments on the post-election Sarah bashing seem disingenuous.

I watched a republican party that tried its best to KILL McCain's primary... and then, when he won anyway, held RNC funding of his campaign hostage to McCain hiring the campaign staff they wanted and taking the policy positions they demanded.... and going with the Veep they preferred...

I watched republicans tear down Joe Wilson, who voted for Bush, and commit TREASON to retaliate against him for straying from the list of lies they wanted loyal republicans to endorse.

And I watched them utterly destroy the life of a republican prosecutor in Detroit- the guy who convicted the infamous Detroit Sleeper Cell, simply because he COMPLIED to a subpoena that Ashcroft told him not to comply with. ...Republicans, Destroying another republican's career, for complying with the law.

I could go on and on with examples of the vindictive treatment republicans mete out to their own who do not play exactly by their rules, or who get in the way of their collective goals.

Sarah Palin was a cynical choice meant to appeal to the base... and by base, I mean the basest, least intelligent, most zealous arm of the conservative population.
    But they miscalculated... she was HUGELY popular with the base... but an absolute embarrassment to the more intelligent party vanguard.

Now they are stuck with a problem... the Base want Palin for the 2012 candidate and they want her REAL BAD.

But it don't take a wizard to figure out that Palin in 2012 would be a disaster- she could not possibly survive an election, but- with the base all fired up for her, she COULD win the primaries.

Their only option for a viable 2012 candidate is to DIS-ENTHRALL the republican base with Palin. ..and do it fast before they get their hearts all set on her.

The attacks are coordinated and being planned by the guys who think they will be in control of the party when the dust settles. ( although the guys who jumped ship before the election are also wanting to be the ones to re-define the party)

And, seriously... what else CAN they do? They created this monster.... they are the ones who have to entomb the thing back in the arctic ice from whence it came.

These are YOUR guys... YOUR team... this is how they play the game and how they have played the game for the past 20 years.

Ruthless, unprincipled, cutthroat businessmen out to win at any cost.
    Its how the republican power core GOT wealthy... how they Got into power.

Where do you get off being surprised at the ruthless self interest of your own guys?

Its practically the entire republican platform...

#5 Phil Ayesho, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted