repulsed by male contact

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
suddenly, like in the last two months, i'm repulsed by physical contact with men. even just kissing.
i'm pondering...it might be a side effect of the depo shot as it wears off. my cycle isn't cycling 5 months after it should've worn off.

anyone else ever had this from hormonal birth control?

it's not much fun :-/

Last edited:

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're bisexual (based on what you put for your sexuality on here) so it makes sense that there are times when you're simply not attracted to men at all. It has to do with your sexuality, not hormones.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're bisexual (based on what you put for your sexuality on here) so it makes sense that there are times when you're simply not attracted to men at all. It has to do with your sexuality, not hormones.
:rolleyes: well thank fuck for men who know better than i do how i feel.

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:rolleyes: well thank fuck for men who know better than i do how i feel.
What did you want to hear? That it was hormones? Or birth control? Or that it's a combination of the two?

It does not have to be either like I wrote, like you want it to be just so you can blame it on birth control/hormones. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What did you want to hear? That it was hormones? Or birth control? Or that it's a combination of the two?

It does not have to be either like I wrote, like you want it to be so you can blame it on birth control/hormones. :rolleyes:
actually i think i was pretty clear about what i wanted to hear.

''anyone else ever had this from hormonal birth control?''

if i ever make a ''any men have patronizing pop psychology theories on this?'' thread, i'll drop you a pm.

until then, feel free to share your experiences of having your hormones messed with by modern medicine.

Last edited:

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
actually i think i was pretty clear about what i wanted to hear.

''anyone else ever had this from hormonal birth control?''

if i ever make a ''any men have patronizing pop psychology theories on this?'' thread, i'll drop you a pm.

until then, feel free to share your experiences of having your hormones messed with by modern medicine.

How is it patronizing you to write about your sexual orientation and make note of it, and say that this is why you're not attracted to men now?

Your issues and problems do not have to be based on birth control or hormones at all. Play the victim instead of listening to an alternative opinion, like most people seem to love doing these days. :rolleyes:

Why should I share my experiences with possible side effects with medications (not birth control) with a total faceless random stranger on the internet? Speaking of which, you should be asking any questions about medications that you take to a doctor and not random strangers online.

If you react this catty and bitchy to a total male stranger online who gives you advice that you ask for that, and it just happens to not be the answer that you want to hear when you have asked a question, it's no wonder why men in person want nothing to do with you! Or why they are repulsed by you. :wink:

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A study in Minnesota showed that the kind of male face a woman finds attractive can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle. For instance, if she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. And if she is menstruating, she is more prone to be attracted to a man with scissors shoved in his temple and a bat jammed up his ass while he is on fire.

Further studies are expected

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The title is misleading. It should say you are repulsed by all intimate physical contact. I know you have been on this "she-woman men hater club" thing latley. Actually, quite moody period. All your post seem to be negative and snippy for about a month now. Actually, quite entertaining. I always click on when I see your user name on the latest posts colum. I just know its going to be interesting.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A study in Minnesota showed that the kind of male face a woman finds attractive can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle. For instance, if she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. And if she is menstruating, she is more prone to be attracted to a man with scissors shoved in his temple and a bat jammed up his ass while he is on fire.

LOL :tongue:

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL Muttley... You're crazy dude.

Dolfette GF, the hormones have to be contributing to the problem. Any time you mess with nature there are side effects. Back in 1980 (when I was on the pill for the first time) the dose of hormones was a bazillion times higher than it is now and there were massive side effects. Morning sickness, painful breasts... not fun. And the mood swings? Hello, who are you? what are you doing on the other side of my mirror because I do NOT know who the hell you are kind of mood swings. Yeah. The new pills are lower dosed and not nearly as bothersome. My doc recently put me on the pill to even out my cycle (pre-menopause). Minimal side effects, although my sex drive is down a bit. Not like there is anyone around to take advantage of my sex drive anyway.

I had a cousin get the implants and have them removed after about six months because although the doctor kept saying her body would adjust, it did not. She and her husband used condoms for about a year and tried to have another baby. She couldn't get pregnant - it was almost two years before she did (and that was more of a surprise than success). Many women have no issues, but a lot do have problems. I don't think they adequately publicize the problems or the risks.

(sorry about the rambling, I'm distracted tonight)

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The title is misleading. It should say you are repulsed by all intimate physical contact. I know you have been on this "she-woman men hater club" thing latley. Actually, quite moody period. All your post seem to be negative and snippy for about a month now. Actually, quite entertaining. I always click on when I see your user name on the latest posts colum. I just know its going to be interesting.

Yup, sounds like hormones to me.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would say it's probably messing with your hormones Dolfette. I've been on several types of bc over the years and some definitely have more side effects than others and those side effects differ greatly from one woman to another and there is very little they can do to predict that. My suggestion is if you would like to remain on some forrm of bc talk to your physician and make sure they work with you to find the one that best fits with your physical/biological/chemical makeup.

In response to Honey....why would they want to give us all of the warnings and risks associated with it? It's not just like that for women's medicine but with all medicine in general. They wouldn't dare tell the public anything that might make us actually consider NOT taking their drugs. I find the whole health care process disturbing.

QUOTE=Honey123;2151272]LOL Muttley... You're crazy dude.

Dolfette GF, the hormones have to be contributing to the problem. Any time you mess with nature there are side effects. Back in 1980 (when I was on the pill for the first time) the dose of hormones was a bazillion times higher than it is now and there were massive side effects. Morning sickness, painful breasts... not fun. And the mood swings? Hello, who are you? what are you doing on the other side of my mirror because I do NOT know who the hell you are kind of mood swings. Yeah. The new pills are lower dosed and not nearly as bothersome. My doc recently put me on the pill to even out my cycle (pre-menopause). Minimal side effects, although my sex drive is down a bit. Not like there is anyone around to take advantage of my sex drive anyway.

I had a cousin get the implants and have them removed after about six months because although the doctor kept saying her body would adjust, it did not. She and her husband used condoms for about a year and tried to have another baby. She couldn't get pregnant - it was almost two years before she did (and that was more of a surprise than success). Many women have no issues, but a lot do have problems. I don't think they adequately publicize the problems or the risks.

(sorry about the rambling, I'm distracted tonight)[/QUOTE]

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

lol!

but it's true...except for the scissors bit...well....maybe the scissors bit is true too.
well i can still hug women without wanting to kill them.
and kids. and pets. and stuffed toys.

and tell me about it! so far i'm on my third month of 25/8 pmt.
i've allways suffered pmt. i know what it feels like. but i'm s'posed to start bleeding & then feel better.
this is never ending. it's like having a constipated cycle.
LOL Muttley... You're crazy dude.

(sorry about the rambling, I'm distracted tonight)
ty!

looking back there was a pill i had to quit taking because it made me nuts.
ehat's weird is that it was meant to wear off in december, but the hormonal stuff seems to be getting worse.

but yeah, it used to be much worse.

i've since read, in the research the drug company and doc don't tell you about when you ask, that it lowers bone density and that it doesn't increase again even after you come off.
the info leaflet just fluffs around...the worst i thought i could get was a bit of spotting :rolleyes:

fortunately i've no desire for more kids...like your pal, i've not ovulated since.
I would say it's probably messing with your hormones Dolfette. I've been on several types of bc over the years and some definitely have more side effects than others and those side effects differ greatly from one woman to another and there is very little they can do to predict that. My suggestion is if you would like to remain on some forrm of bc talk to your physician and make sure they work with you to find the one that best fits with your physical/biological/chemical makeup.

In response to Honey....why would they want to give us all of the warnings and risks associated with it? It's not just like that for women's medicine but with all medicine in general. They wouldn't dare tell the public anything that might make us actually consider NOT taking their drugs. I find the whole health care process disturbing.
heh, i'm not likely to need birth control for a while :tongue:
i think i'm going to have to just become a hermit until this is out of my system and then it'll be rubbers or nothing.

i never thought i'd miss my period! if the bugger ever returns i'll not complain about it again...for at least five minutes.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that shit is poison, i had 1 shot almost 11 years ago and it made me bleed for more than 90 days and made it practically impossible to get pregnant.

oh and i was insane, my husband probably would have loved to kill me.
yikes!

poison indeed. and it just never seems to wear off.
11 years later, are you 100% back to normal?