Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
yikes!

poison indeed. and it just never seems to wear off.
11 years later, are you 100% back to normal?

well psychologically im normal again, eventually it took about 9 rounds of fertility treatments to get pregnant. i was already hormonally messed up with having lower estrogen but the megadose of progesterone can make you feel like you have intense pms nonstop. they dont give us three months worth of any medicine at a time without it carefully self-despensing other than depo.

look up on google the tests done on pedophiles in prison regarding this drug, it chemically castrates males. imagine what it does to us?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well psychologically im normal again, eventually it took about 9 rounds of fertility treatments to get pregnant. i was already hormonally messed up with having lower estrogen but the megadose of progesterone can make you feel like you have intense pms nonstop. they dont give us three months worth of any medicine at a time without it carefully self-despensing other than depo.

look up on google the tests done on pedophiles in prison regarding this drug, it chemically castrates males. imagine what it does to us?
it annoys me that every other med i take i feel properly warned about side effects.
the leaflet is full of 'in rare cases (0.01%) your head may turn blue and drop off',
but with birth control that just doesn't happen.
it warned that my periods might take three months to settle {it's been 6 now} and that there may be spotting, weight gain, dvt etc,
but no mention at all that it just refuses to leave your system, destroys your sex life and makes you want to kill any man within range.

and HOLY SHIT at the google results!
i've been frickin' castrated.

{start the count down to some idiot man to tell me it has nothing to do with my hormones.}

Last edited:

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
it annoys me that every other med i take i feel properly warned about side effects.
the leaflet is full of 'in rare cases (0.01%) your head may turn blue and drop off',
but with birth control that just doesn't happen.
it warned that my periods might take three months to settle {it's been 6 now} and that there may be spotting, weight gain, dvt etc,
but no mention at all that it just refuses to leave your system, destroys your sex life and makes you want to kill any man within range.

and HOLY SHIT at the google results!
i've been frickin' castrated.

{start the count down to some idiot man to tell me it has nothing to do with my hormones.}

of course is not "hormones", women don't have testosterone!!, jeez

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
of course is not "hormones", women don't have testosterone!!, jeez

Actually women do too, and just like in men it affects the libido.

Is this depo provera we're talking about? If it puts a woman in permanent pmt and kills the libido, no wonder it's such an effective contraceptive!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually women do too, and just like in men it affects the libido.

Is this depo provera we're talking about? If it puts a woman in permanent pmt and kills the libido, no wonder it's such an effective contraceptive!
he was joking, doll. just taking the piss out of the ignorant.

yup, that's the one. and after posting this a few places online it seems that almost nobody has a good thing to say about it.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Can I ask to try to explain a bit more about why you feel it may be causing this effect of aversion to men only? I am interested in how different levels of hormone affect our sexual behaviour. Have you felt more like having sex with women for example, or has all sex drive gone.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can I ask to try to explain a bit more about why you feel it may be causing this effect of aversion to men only? I am interested in how different levels of hormone affect our sexual behaviour. Have you felt more like having sex with women for example, or has all sex drive gone.
no, i'm frigid with everyone.
i mean, i was never especially sexual but since depo my libido is stone dead.

i think it's man smell. like a pheramone thing.
keep your testosterone pong away from me!
that and my pmt feeling. you all piss me off just by existing right now.

i'm not looking for a diagnosis here, doll. i'm just wanting to listen to experiences like mine and have a good girly bitch session. and it seems there are plenty of experiences like mine.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
no, i'm frigid with everyone.
i mean, i was never especially sexual but since depo my libido is stone dead.

i think it's man smell. like a pheramone thing.
keep your testosterone pong away from me!
that and my pmt feeling. you all piss me off just by existing right now.

i'm not looking for a diagnosis here, doll. i'm just wanting to listen to experiences like mine and have a good girly bitch session. and it seems there are plenty of experiences like mine.

No, I am just being nosey. I had a hunch that it might be a pheramone thing and now I am going to have research whether guys can have similarly mixed up levels for any reason and then react to female pheramones.

Probably not the right time to say it, but str men apparently react more to ovulating women. Maybe we should understand more about our hormones.

Do you have to take this thing, it sounds awful and I looked up a few things on it?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, I am just being nosey. I had a hunch that it might be a pheramone thing and now I am going to have research whether guys can have similarly mixed up levels for any reason and then react to female pheramones.

Probably not the right time to say it, but str men apparently react more to ovulating women. Maybe we should understand more about our hormones.

Do you have to take this thing, it sounds awful and I looked up a few things on it?
i stopped taking it when my libido started to drop.
it was supposed to wear off in eary december.
but it's just getting worse...my boobs hurt, i'm pmt hell, i'm pissed!

anyone who's had bad pmt or been pregnant knows what hormones can do.
they can make you think coal tastes good ffs! lol

strutter2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dolfette - it could well be to do with the hormonal stuff. God it also never ceases to amaze me how little men know about the way women's bodies work - mind you why am I surprised especially when after having slept with 1000s of men I can still only count on two hands the number who actually were really any good in the sack ;-).
I had terrible trouble with mood swings when I was on the pill. Hormonal inbalances can do allsorts - so maybe it is to do with the injection. My sex drive peaks and troughs according to my menstrual cycle anyway. It might also be to do with not fancying the guys enough as well, all to do with nature ensuring we pick the right genes to mix with ours really! Hope you get it sorted - if you are really worried go and see your doctor and discuss it with him/her just in case.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dolfette - it could well be to do with the hormonal stuff. God it also never ceases to amaze me how little men know about the way women's bodies work - mind you why am I surprised especially when after having slept with 1000s of men I can still only count on two hands the number who actually were really any good in the sack ;-).
I had terrible trouble with mood swings when I was on the pill. Hormonal inbalances can do allsorts - so maybe it is to do with the injection. My sex drive peaks and troughs according to my menstrual cycle anyway. It might also be to do with not fancying the guys enough as well, all to do with nature ensuring we pick the right genes to mix with ours really! Hope you get it sorted - if you are really worried go and see your doctor and discuss it with him/her just in case.
ha! that is so true.
there've been times when i was tempted to stop the sex while i draw them a map.

unfortunately there's nothing the doc can do.
i just have to wait for my body to recover.

:frown1:

anyone got any chocolate?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i totally forgot to mention to you in my PM that when my sis was on it, she developed clusters of cysts in several places on her body! like she had a cluster removed from her ass, the side of her leg and 2 places on her breasts. she has scars from them, they were the size of big gumballs. totally awful.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i totally forgot to mention to you in my PM that when my sis was on it, she developed clusters of cysts in several places on her body! like she had a cluster removed from her ass, the side of her leg and 2 places on her breasts. she has scars from them, they were the size of big gumballs. totally awful.
:eek:

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The more I read about the experiences you ladies have had the more glad I am that I refused to use depo. My gyn was really trying to push the stuff......the whole situation is just scary.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
knowing what i know about hormones and libido and what not, my guess is that its not her lack of ovulating that is causing these issues for her. because i havent ovulated in about 5 years or more. its more to do with the 3 months worth of progesterone they injected in her that did all sorts of shit.

for example, when you dont have periods and you need to start one in order to start a fertility drug cycle, they give you 7 to 10 days worth of progesterone only pills to take, after you are done with them the sudden drop in progesterone makes for a period to start. every woman, including myself, that i've ever known who has had to take the progesterone turned into a psycho and hated everything in the world. they truly felt embarassed for some of the things they said and did during those days.

progesterone is good in moderation, but we are sadly finding out its not such a good thing in a mega dose form. for example, i am on a transvaginal estrogen called estring, its a flexible ring that dispenses estrogen at the same levels daily for 90 days. if i had an estrogen shot that was 90 days worth at one time, i cant even imagine the side effects.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
thank you!!!!

awww *smooch* not all men are tossers.

i've been feeling like the OP there for months but now i've progressed to hating any contact at all.
they do NOT warn you of this when you get it done! the bastards.

what better form of birth control? you don't even want a man to be near you so you can't possibly get pregnant right

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
knowing what i know about hormones and libido and what not, my guess is that its not her lack of ovulating that is causing these issues for her. because i havent ovulated in about 5 years or more. its more to do with the 3 months worth of progesterone they injected in her that did all sorts of shit.

for example, when you dont have periods and you need to start one in order to start a fertility drug cycle, they give you 7 to 10 days worth of progesterone only pills to take, after you are done with them the sudden drop in progesterone makes for a period to start. every woman, including myself, that i've ever known who has had to take the progesterone turned into a psycho and hated everything in the world. they truly felt embarassed for some of the things they said and did during those days.

progesterone is good in moderation, but we are sadly finding out its not such a good thing in a mega dose form. for example, i am on a transvaginal estrogen called estring, its a flexible ring that dispenses estrogen at the same levels daily for 90 days. if i had an estrogen shot that was 90 days worth at one time, i cant even imagine the side effects.
the side effects are not something i want to go through again.

i can't believe they gave me something they use to castrate bloody pedos with.
why post a question then bitch when someone offers advice?
are you under some delussion that hormones and sexuality are not related in some way?
he didn't offer advice.
he said ''It has to do with your sexuality, not hormones''
that's not advice. that's a) a statement, b) bollocks and c) not an answer to the question i asked.

obviously sexuality and hormones are connected HENCE THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

Last edited: