Research: Men, don't sleep with women, they weaken your brain

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
Interesting research: men who sleep with women, become (even bigger) idiots (than they already were).

Men who only fvck the woman, and then go to sleep in their own separate bed, retain their basic brain functions.

Bed sharing 'drains men's brains'

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41911000/jpg/_41911620_couplesleep203.jpg
A man sleeping in a bed - with a woman, the root of all our problems.

Sharing a bed with someone could temporarily reduce your brain power - at least if you are a man - Austrian scientists suggest.

When men spend the night with a bed mate their sleep is disturbed, whether they make love or not, and this impairs their mental ability the next day.

The lack of sleep also increases a man's stress hormone levels.
According to the New Scientist study, women who share a bed fare better because they sleep more deeply.

Sleepless nights
Professor Gerhard Kloesch and colleagues at the University of Vienna studied unmarried, childless couples in their 20s.

Each couple was asked to spend 10 nights sleeping together and 10 apart while the scientists assessed their rest patterns with questionnaires and wrist activity monitors.

The next day the couples were asked to perform simple cognitive tests and had their stress hormone levels checked.

Although the men reported they had slept better with a partner, they fared worse in the tests, with their results suggesting they actually had more disturbed sleep.

Both sexes had a more disturbed night's sleep when they shared their bed, Professor Kloesch told a meeting of the Forum of European Neuroscience.

But women apparently managed to sleep more deeply when they did eventually drop off, since they claimed to be more refreshed than their sleep time suggested.

Their stress hormone levels and mental scores did not suffer to the same extent as the men.

But the women still reported that they had the best sleep when they were alone in bed.

Bed sharing also affected dream recall. Women remembered more after sleeping alone and men recalled best after sex.

Separate beds
Dr Neil Stanley, a sleep expert at the University of Surrey, said: "It's not surprising that people are disturbed by sleeping together.

"Historically, we have never been meant to sleep in the same bed as each other. It is a bizarre thing to do.

"Sleep is the most selfish thing you can do and it's vital for good physical and mental health.

"Sharing the bed space with someone who is making noises and who you have to fight with for the duvet is not sensible.

"If you are happy sleeping together that's great, but if not there is no shame in separate beds."

He said there was a suggestion that women are pre-programmed to cope better with broken sleep.

"A lot of life events that women have disturb sleep - bringing up children, the menopause and even the menstrual cycle," he explained.

But Dr Stanley added people did get used to sharing a bed.

"If they have shared their bed with their partner for a long time they miss them and that will disturb sleep."

BBC NEWS | Health | Bed sharing 'drains men's brains'
Throw away the kingsize bed, bring out your camping gear, men.

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
this is very true at my house...wife snores way to much...have my own room...we visit and then sleep alone...i function majorly better at work and play...has been this way for several years...when we travel or our vacation home i can tell differnce...

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is an interesting article. For my part, I love sleeping with the woman I am with. I sleep like a dead person and am never bothered. I love the feel of her body next to me at all times and anytime I come to for a brief moment to be able to caress her body and then fall back asleep.
But separate beds that allow for solid sleep are good too.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Geez, THIS study says women sleep more deeply than men, and other studies say that men sleep more deeply than women because women supposedly have to sleep more lightly because of their babies. :rolleyes: When are people going to realize that these studies are stupid?

I figure that there are INDIVIDUAL differences in how deeply/lightly different people sleep, and I would say that maybe someone who sleeps with someone who snores a lot may have trouble sleeping and may have some brain fatigue the next day. But of course that all varies among individuals too.

I usually sleep alone (since I live alone and am not dating anyone right now), but it's nice to sleep next to a man too (just maybe not if he's snoring a lot! :biggrin1:)