researching a sound effect

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, I've had this unusual desire as of late to see where I can lay my hands on a sound effect. Basically, it's an old probably generic simultaneous tires screeching and engine revving sound effect used primarily by WB(IE, Dukes of Hazzard) and a few A-team episodes. I can probably find it on Youtube, but was hoping for something I could keep on my PC.
Suggestions? Links?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have the entire Warner Bros. Sound Effects box set on my computer. I went through it and it is just cartoon stuff pretty much. The list is here if you are curious. If you can find something you think might work on the directory, let me know, I'll email it to you. I have tons of sound effects, are you looking for a specific sound effect like the one that you described or do you just simply want a burning rubber sound effect?

Last edited:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have the entire Warner Bros. Sound Effects box set on my computer. I went through it and it is just cartoon stuff pretty much. The list is here if you are curious. If you can find something you think might work on the directory, let me know, I'll email it to you. I have tons of sound effects, are you looking for a specific sound effect like the one that you described or do you just simply want a burning rubber sound effect?
These are good, there, Tripod, but I can't HEAR any of the samples- got an alternate site.
Oh, BTW, the best way to describe it; Dukes, scattered, so no specific episode I can really remember. A-team, well, try Episode PROS AND CONS, and look for the scene where Hannibal, BA, and Murdock try to get arrested, but the sheriff doesn't do it, and roars away in his squad car. You'll hear the sound effect.

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I gotcha Chuck. I'm watching the episode right now on hulu. We'll get this sound effect for sure, it might take actually ripping the sound effect if I can't find it. I'll check back here tonight and let you know how the hunt is going. :smile:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Done. :smile:

I immediately recognized the sound effect. The A-Team made it a little different than Dukes by adding some jingling metal sounds right after the car door slam and as the car speeds away. I did the best that I could to remove the metallic jingling sound and enhanced the sound effect a bit with some light processing. I think that you'll dig it.

A-Team sound effect for Chuck

Argghhh! The link isn't ready yet, MEGAUPLOAD is flaking out a bit. Lemme know if you have a preferred file hosting service and I'll upload it there.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Done. :smile:

I immediately recognized the sound effect. The A-Team made it a little different than Dukes by adding some jingling metal sounds right after the car door slam and as the car speeds away. I did the best that I could to remove the metallic jingling sound and enhanced the sound effect a bit with some light processing. I think that you'll dig it.

A-Team sound effect for Chuck

Argghhh! The link isn't ready yet, MEGAUPLOAD is flaking out a bit. Lemme know if you have a preferred file hosting service and I'll upload it there.
No Problem, there Tripod! It's a little more muffled than the Dukes version, but good. Now, if you found the dukes version as well, that'd work too.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, the tape was probably getting pretty thin by the time the A-Team was up and running so the A-Team version would be a little wimpier I guess.

Do you know of a specific Dukes episode where the SFX occurs? Nobody is trading Dukes of Hazard sound effects, the only ones out there are either small dialogue snippets or different versions of the theme song heard throughout the show's life. If you know the episode where the effect occurs, I'll do the same thing that I did with the A-Team. I'd be glad to help.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you find the one you want on youtube you can record it on Firefox using the Freecorder 4 Audio program which goes on to the toolbar and will record any segment of sound playing through your computer and save it as an MP#.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, the tape was probably getting pretty thin by the time the A-Team was up and running so the A-Team version would be a little wimpier I guess.

Do you know of a specific Dukes episode where the SFX occurs? Nobody is trading Dukes of Hazard sound effects, the only ones out there are either small dialogue snippets or different versions of the theme song heard throughout the show's life. If you know the episode where the effect occurs, I'll do the same thing that I did with the A-Team. I'd be glad to help.
Well, there IS the premiere episode, ONE ARMED BANDITS of the dukes where @ the end you can see the GL(General Lee) taking off, and the SFX is a little more audible than the A-team one, altho, it does have the ending music as well. If you know of a way to suppress the music without robbing the FX, then that one'd be optimum.

If you find the one you want on youtube you can record it on Firefox using the Freecorder 4 Audio program which goes on to the toolbar and will record any segment of sound playing through your computer and save it as an MP#.
POP! SPROING!! CUCKOO-CUCKOO!!:eek:uch: ok, you've just explained that to a PC illiterate. I'll have to study that one closely. Thanx for the input tho.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I snagged the Dukes SFX from the episode you suggested. As far as I can tell, it is made up of five distinct sound effects.

1). Engine start up
2). Engine warms up
3). Engine Revs
4). Screeching tires
5). Car drive off at high speed

They are all from the same recording session and are probably of the same vehicle.

I think that you are right about them being the same sound effect. Since it consists of parts, they were re-arranged for the A-Team with a louder engine roar overlayed and the screeching tires a bit back in the mix. The Dukes version had the screeching tires in a different order and featured much more prominently in the mix. I think what you really need are the four individual sound effects mixed to match the Dukes piece. It can be done, but I will need a day or two since I'm a bit busy these days. The Dukes sample containing the background music can be downloaded here. There's no reasonable way to take out the background music without destroying the sound effect. We'll get this solved for ya though. :smile:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I snagged the Dukes SFX from the episode you suggested. As far as I can tell, it is made up of five distinct sound effects.

1). Engine start up
2). Engine warms up
3). Engine Revs
4). Screeching tires
5). Car drive off at high speed

They are all from the same recording session and are probably of the same vehicle.

I think that you are right about them being the same sound effect. Since it consists of parts, they were re-arranged for the A-Team with a louder engine roar overlayed and the screeching tires a bit back in the mix. The Dukes version had the screeching tires in a different order and featured much more prominently in the mix. I think what you really need are the four individual sound effects mixed to match the Dukes piece. It can be done, but I will need a day or two since I'm a bit busy these days. The Dukes sample containing the background music can be downloaded here. There's no reasonable way to take out the background music without destroying the sound effect. We'll get this solved for ya though. :smile:
Well, sounds good, but disregard 1 and 2, and just concentrate on tires and engine revving. I can deal with the music.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, update, kind peoples; I was watching a DOH dvd season two, and saw episode, DUKE OF DUKE, and it had two very distinctive scenes where you could hear it without mmost of the music interfering. I'm gonna hafta talk to someone I know about obtaining a sample from it.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Check that; I have an even better one chock full of what I look for. DOH, Season one, episode 7, entitled , LUKE'S LOVE STORY. It's a race car story, and at the race part of the last chapter, you can hear better ones, sans music. I'll have to work on getting a sample.