Respect, Admiration, and Thanks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pain4anangel, Jul 13, 2010.

1. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would just like to take a moment to reflect on the wonderful men and women who have either sacrificed their lives, suffer from permanent mental or physical injury, or lost a loved one in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I decided to take a look at the number of "casualties" today because it seems the news doesn't care about telling America there are still people dying and fighting for out country.

Let us not forget that these are people and not numbers. They are our neighbors, co-workers, classmates, family, and friends. Although many of us may not agree with the wars, we must stand by and pay due respect to those who have the courage to fight for our country. They have more courage than I could ever have.

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM (OIF) U.S. CASUALTY STATUS
    FATALITIES AS OF: July 13, 2010, 10 a.m. EDT :usaribbon:

Total Deaths: 4,416 (KIA and Non-hostile)
    Those who were wounded in action and returned to duty: 17,910
    Those who were wounded and have not returned to duty: 13,973

OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM (OEF) U.S. CASUALTY STATUS
    FATALITIES AS OF: July 13, 2010, 10 a.m. EDT :usaribbon:

Total Deaths: 1,082 (KIA and Non-hostile)
    Those who were wounded in action and returned to duty: 3,118
    Those who were wounded and have not returned to duty: 3,758

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING :usa:

Figures were taken from the DoD website. http://www.defense.gov/news/casualty.pdf

2. crewserve

crewserve New Member

Its good to know that people still appreciate what soldiers are doing in these countries..I can tell you from recent experience..there is a lot of work to be done still. I know a lot of people complain about the war...most of the people complaining have never been here before and dont understand what is going on...only what the media tells them. Another thing is...Do people realize what percent of true americans are willing to fight for all the wonderful freedoms out there to enjoy.....10%...amazing huh?

3. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks for commenting hun. I know you are in Iraq right now too. Like I said before, you have the courage I don't know I could ever have. Thank you :hug:

4. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Imperialist tools. They are dying and being mutilated for bankers and defense companies.

5. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    :pat::hijacked:

6. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Give me a break. Don't tell me they are fighting for my country. They ain't fighting for shit. They are dying for nothing except to make fat bankers richer. While they are fighting over there playboys and guidos in Jersey are fucking their girlfriends and wives while they cheer on the war. The rich boys are partying, and the poor boys are dying.

Yeah, I hijacked this thread, because America needs to get out of countries where it doesn't belong and never belonged. I don't care what they are doing over there, it has nothing to do with "protecting our country". Bunch of jingoistic crap.

7. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Dare I ask who he is calling the "tools"? Maybe I shouldn't so that this thread can get back on the real focus which is thanking them regardless of our beliefs.

8. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Then go to another thread New End and stay out of this one. It's obviously not for you.

9. B_New End

B_New End New Member

the shrapnel sponges they call marines and soldiers.
    You know, the guys the Iraqi freedom fighters are shooting at.

fine.

10. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh and it has nothing to do with the politics of why we are and if we should or shouldn't be over there. Save that for someplace else too.

11. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Honestly, what the fuck are the mods waiting for? Ban this fool already...

12. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well he does have a right to his own opinion. I just wish he'd take it elsewhere and not ruin this thread I started.

13. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Of course he has the right to his own opinion, but he doesn't have a right to maintain full membership/access after showing a repeated habit of using racist and inflammatory language that is CLEARLY a violation of the TOS.

14. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Very true.

15. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Racist? Give me a break.

16. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Very nice thread. I couldn't agree more.

17. crewserve

crewserve New Member

All I can say is..if you dont like america and the people in it...you can get the fuck out..doesnt hurt my feelings...

18. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tactless, as ever...but absolutely correct.

19. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    One would think you could come up with a more intelligent way of protesting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan than insulting and demeaning the very same countrymen who would defend you and your reprehensible viewpoints in the event of an attack on American soil.

Your disagreement with military doctrine, political realities, or the current Administration are not cause to insult the memory of the brave men and women who have died in service to this country nor to dishonor this nation's disabled veterans.

Have whatever opinions you want, but flaming the OP and deliberately hijacking this thread (as you admit) to express those opinions is beyond civility.

I am a veteran and I have a nephew buried in Section 60 of Arlington National Cemetery, so I admit, I'm a bit more sensitive about your posts than maybe the next guy. But I think my viewpoint is shared by far more ordinary citizens than you might think.

20. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Depending on who the "invaders" were (sorry racist republicans, Mexican workers don't count), I'd take up arms too. It's what real men, like the defenders of Iraq, or Vietnam, do when their country is invaded.

Dishonor? I'm not the one that sent them into countless racist wars. It isn't my fault they got limbs blown off. Go talk to Halliburton and BP and Exxon and all the bankers and Bechtel about that. Go get on W and Cheney's case for lying about that. Like my little words are worse than having your face turned to a bowl of melted plastic for a bunch of fucking lies. The truth is somehow "dishonor", whilst sending young men to go die in wars based on lies propaganda and profit is honorable. Give me a fucking break.

And what about the millions of those who have been "dishonored" by American bombs, missiles and bullets as they tried to defend their homelands? Where is the great American outpouring of respect for those brave warriors that fought our imperialistic aggression? what about all those defending Iraq from America and Britain (again) being called terrorists and thugs, when in actuality they were heros? Where is their much needed honor?

what's so honorable about invading country after country without even knowing anything about them and attempting to set up one crooked puppet regime after another? where is the honor in that? What is honorable about colonialism and neo-colonialism?

Soldiers of evil are not honorable. Fuck all the confederate soldiers, every last one of them. We should dig their graves up and piss in their skulls. Fuck all the Nazi soldiers, and every single Nazi sympathizer. We should dig their graves up and shit in their eye sockets. How is it honorable to fight for evil and greed?

Likewise. The difference is, your viewpoint is encouraged by the Imperialist and corporatist masters of the United States, whilst my viewpoint is given a chill factored and cowed into fear by the war on terror and the constant, publicized erosion of our civil rights, the publicized use of torture by the U.S. government, which advertises that one day, they will use wiretaps and internet message boards against you and throw you away. So your viewpoint is much louder and seems much more popular than it really is. The US government has proven itself to be out of control, but I'm not afraid of them anymore. I am saying what scores of millions of Americans feel and have felt since this disgusting war was foisted on us.

#20 B_New End, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted