Respect, Admiration and thanks

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, if it takes you a whole month to read a book . . . you're not exactly ignorant. That's wrong. However, you must be a very slow reader.

I have quite a few books I am already reading this summer.
So far this month I have read
Civil and Uncivil violence in Lebanon
First Person (Vladamir Putin's autobiography)
I'm reading 1984 right now, because I never have
next is Animal Farm, then The Communist Manifesto,
I might read John Thompson's Revolutionary Russia, 1917, even though it appears to be written by an American nationalist in the 80's.
I also hope to read Regis Debray's Revolution in the Revolution

and now I got a book about genocide to read.
No biggie.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have quite a few books I am already reading this summer.
So far this month I have read
Civil and Uncivil violence in Lebanon
First Person (Vladamir Putin's autobiography)
I'm reading 1984 right now, because I never have
next is Animal Farm, then The Communist Manifesto,
I might read John Thompson's Revolutionary Russia, 1917, even though it appears to be written by an American nationalist in the 80's.
I also hope to read Regis Debray's Revolution in the Revolution

and now I got a book about genocide to read.
No biggie.

New End:

Thanks for clearing that up. The reason for my unsolicited comment was based on reality. A woman affectionately known as Mean Jean the Payroll Queen With the Big Black Adding Machine and managed a small company staff for getting out payroll and dealing with shipping and receiving bills (this was in Ewetaw), attended a Stephan R. Covey seminar on the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (insert vomit here). When she returned from the rather expensive and useless seminar on "excellence training" she posted a list of personal goals in 40 pt Helvetica next to her wall calander. One of her new goals was "Read one book a month." Despite her reverence and worship of each word that fell from Stephen R. Covey's lips, she still continued to screw up the company's twice-montly payroll.

Anyway, even the "girls", none of whom had graduated from high school, who built, cleaned, and performed quality inspection of priority motherboards for the company's particular product were aghast at Mean Jean's one book a month goal.

And to get back to the original thread, although I do not support war, I do support our USA military troops sacrificing their lives around the world, even though I find the USA's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan as very suspect.

Last night I heard the numbers: Afghanistan has an annual GDP of 19 billion dollars (in a good year). However, the USA is creating an environment where more than 10 billion dollars will be necessary for the continued training and maintenance of the Afghani police/military each year. It seems we'll be paying that 10 billion for the next few decades, not the Afghanis.

Currently, what I find personally annoying is that there are people on the street who do not know me (this is here in the USA) who challenge my right to wear a lapel pin of the American Flag. It seems there's a "new" definition and probably a multiple choice test being passed around to qualify a US citizen as being patriotic or not. Tea Bag movement, indeed! :mad: