thickboyTX

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Hey fellas,

Does having a big dick get you a certain respect from other guys?

I ask because I've chatted with some *really* hung dudes online and in person (think 9"+ hard, huge soft) and they always mention that a) most of their guy friends know they have a big dick because word gets around and b) they all say that when a guy friend finds out -- or certainly if he sees it -- there's a shift in their demeanor. It's like an automatic respect of some sorts, even though it may not ever be talked about. Anything from a knowing look to deferring to them in conversation to even holding the door open for them... lol I've also heard this in relation to random strangers, at the locker room, trough, etc.

And hands down they've all agreed that the idea of being embarrassed about having a big cock is a myth - because of this very reason.

What do you think? If you're hung huge, do you agree? Any examples? If you aren't, do you find yourself doing this at all?

bigtwin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi thickboy,
In reponse to a) yes, word often gets around but I think the extent to which it does depends on the circumstances. For instance, is it in a social, family or professional (workplace) context and there are probably differences within each. Several people at work know that I'm well endowed but I haven't gotten the feeling that they've spread the word.
As to b) I'd say 85-90% yes and 10-15% no. First, it may depend on how you define respect. No one has given up their seat to me or drapped their coat across a puddle so that I could cross. Holding open doors is simply considerate, I'm not sure that passes muster. Second, it may also depend on how long you've known someone before they came into such knowledge and also the length of time afterward. So, often there is a wrinkle in their attitude toward you. Sometimes I think it's like learning that someone has a great singing voice or is a cancer survivor. That knowledge stays with you and may color your feelings/impressions of that person and subsequently how you approach them. Is it repect? Maybe.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, not really.

I have four men in my life at the moment. (I'm not a slut, I'm between relationships!)

One is above average. I respect him because he has a wife and kids and a successful career. And he wants my (average) cock more than I want his.

One is below average. He has other attributes which make him very desirable.

One is large. But he's all-round hunky. I love his broad shoulders, deep chest and maturity. And his ear-tounging! Which I return :smile:. He deep-throats me and I'm practising my gag-supression on him. The fact that he's bigger than me erect when he's flacid is just a bonus.

One is small. He's a huge guy in every other respect. 6'6 and 350lbs/25st. Yes, I think he does suffer from a lack of self-perceived respect. I hope to show him otherwise.

plumbr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't seem to relate penis size and respect. I respect people from my heart and having a monster cock dangling in front of me is no way to earn my respect. No matter how beautiful or ideal it is, I will not respect the person solely based on cock beauty. My definition of respecting a person is to always prioritize them before myself. If they need something and I can fulfill their wishes, I would do it. Not many people I come into my life earn my respect, so I guess those that do are lucky.

Perhaps you mean admiration and worship? I wouldn't treat a guy differently because he has a certain monster cock. 4", 5", and 9" all have to earn my respect. They will not automatically get them. If I am admiring the guy, I will let him know so he can be proud of his tool and use it well. However, if a situation arises priorities will not be based on cock size. Sorry, big guys!

thickboyTX

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
thanks for the responses gents!

i should've asked to state your cock size in your response, hehe, cuz that's what i'm wondering about now.

i know if i found out an acquaintance of mine had a huge one - like if we took a leak at the same time - i would view him a little differently. it's not worship necessarily... and maybe respect isn't the right word... how about admiration? like if you run into a sports star you've always admired.

thickboyTX

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
So, often there is a wrinkle in their attitude toward you. Sometimes I think it's like learning that someone has a great singing voice or is a cancer survivor. That knowledge stays with you and may color your feelings/impressions of that person and subsequently how you approach them. Is it repect? Maybe.

that's exactly what i'm talking about ... any examples? also, how hung are you?

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
In short, I find the answer to this question to be a qualified yes. Certainly, a man having a large penis is not directly relevant to most aspects of his life, his relationships with most people, or his character and other personal qualities. Nevertheless, I have always found that having a big dick often has a profound effect on other people, more than what one might rationally think should be the case. It is just one of those things in life that matters, perhaps more than it should. Among men, a notably large penis is like a trophy, and if you are known to possess one, other men typically give you a certain amount of esteem because of it. That esteem often manifests itself in their behavior toward you, sometimes in small ways, deliberately or not. “Respect” may not be the ideal word to describe it, although respect may come into it. I believe the dynamic is essentially based on a male-to-male acknowledgement that in the age-old game of “Who Has the Biggest Dick” – and this is only one of the competitive games men often play – you are the alpha-male, the winner of the big penis pennant, so to speak. Examples are difficult to describe because the behavioral dynamic is not necessarily a matter of concrete actions toward you. It is more a matter of how other men view you, which is apparent in the way they look at you and in their increased level of interest or curiosity about you. It is clear that you have made an impression on them.

D_SharronTaint

Experimental Member
Media
I'd say that it absolutely does. It depends on the context that the guys know you in, or how casual the environment is, but there's definitely a change in recognition/behavior when appropriate.

Even if its a joke at your expense, your reaction controls how effective of a taunt it is, or if it winds up being totally validating. Having a rep, in this case, is seldom bad. Whether or not you use that rep for your own gain is up to you, but a handful of guys, even straight ones, will recognize it in some way.

thickboyTX

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Thanks, man. This is what I'm talking about - really curious about a moment or situation where this came up and you saw someone's opinion of you change.

Hot cock btw.

I'd say that it absolutely does. It depends on the context that the guys know you in, or how casual the environment is, but there's definitely a change in recognition/behavior when appropriate.

Even if its a joke at your expense, your reaction controls how effective of a taunt it is, or if it winds up being totally validating. Having a rep, in this case, is seldom bad. Whether or not you use that rep for your own gain is up to you, but a handful of guys, even straight ones, will recognize it in some way.

JP0724

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think there is definitely a change in how people view you and I'm not sure if it's a respect, but it definitely changes. I can't really explain it, but I do notice a change in people once I know that they know. I think that people make a lot of quips and jokes at your expense, but I take it in stride. Like I have a buddy who refers to me as Hog leg.. I think it's a compliment, so I go with it, but people definitely change. It's strange when you think about it.

D_Eric_the_Bred

Experimental Member
Media
I would say it does as well, or at least respect in one arena of life.

For example a hung guy that is not athletic will not get respect for his athletic ability, but he will for his huge cock, therefore adding some to his 'overall respect'.

D_Alfredo Hites

Account Disabled
Media
thanks for the responses gents!

i should've asked to state your cock size in your response, hehe, cuz that's what i'm wondering about now.

i know if i found out an acquaintance of mine had a huge one - like if we took a leak at the same time - i would view him a little differently. it's not worship necessarily... and maybe respect isn't the right word... how about admiration? like if you run into a sports star you've always admired.

lol in regards to your first statement.

the fact of the matter is there is respect that comes with having a bigger dick. just like there is respect among guys that comes from being great at sports, being a casanova, being buff, etc. having a big dick is just one way yet it seems to be more desirable since it is basically something a guy is born with.

if penis enlargement was perfected and became as popular as breast implants are for women, i think the level of respect (along with all the other positive perceptions that go along with having a big dick) would be diminished.

thickboyTX

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
sweet. is your buddy who calls you hog leg straight or gay?

I think there is definitely a change in how people view you and I'm not sure if it's a respect, but it definitely changes. I can't really explain it, but I do notice a change in people once I know that they know. I think that people make a lot of quips and jokes at your expense, but I take it in stride. Like I have a buddy who refers to me as Hog leg.. I think it's a compliment, so I go with it, but people definitely change. It's strange when you think about it.