Respect!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mr. Snakey, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I dont mean to open up a can of worms. In light of whats been going on here in a certain area what happend to showing a woman some respect. I think the worst insult you could give another person is being cruel on how they look. Then being nasty to the moderators for doing a hard job and not getting paid a dime is sick. I think Rob E should just get rid of the chatroom. I would urge him to do so right away.........:mad:

2. PussyWellington

Albums:
    Respect is earned Uncut. I choose not to post pictures of my genitalia because a) I don't have a large penis and b) I don't want strangers looking and commenting on them. If you choose to expose yourself then you need to accept that not everyone will 'appreciate' you and yours. I am in no way insulting those who post pictures - I enjoy the gallery! Sometimes members take their 'popularity' a little too seriously.

Your idea of disbanding the chatroom is extreme. I used to pop into the chatroom every now and then and I must say that I have always found it to be a fun and sometimes even interesting place to spend a few minutes. I don't think I have ever had a 'penis' conversation either ;).

I am a member of one other forum - a kind of 'tin foil hat' site. As you can imagine a site with unorthodox subject matter, like here, attracts a significant amount of 'trolls' and 'troublemakers'. The solution they found was to make members have a minimum number of posts before they are allowed to use chat. Something to think about.

3. DGirl

Gold Member

I do agree with you both.."
    But, dirtyde has a point.." I do have three pictures up myself. But, no way in HELL am I going to post ALL NUDE ones of myself ( Hubby would blow his top!):eek: . I will Post more ..." But, not right now.."
    People will post same GOOD comments and people will post some UGLY comments.." But, closing down Chat will NOT stop the ones that are saying the UGLY ones..." It will just HURT everyone else.." The ones saying the UGLY comments will just PM them or worse, put them OUT for all to see.."
    I have had some Crazy folks in Chat also. But, they never said anything BAD or Nasty to me. They were just CRAZY...":eek:
    If someone is having a HUGE problem with someone else, tell the MODS..." 9 times out of 10, the person bugging you...could have been bugging others!!! You know?
    But, uncut..." I don't see how YOU of all people on this board could be having any problems.." You have one of the many best C- pictures!!!:tongue:

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Uncut, it isn't just the chat. While "treating each other with respect" is a good idea, some people just don't get it. It is the highlight of their pitiful lives to antagonize others online. They are just too cowardly to do it in real life. Anonymity brings out the best in some, the worst in others. I would more strongly urge use of the "ignore" feature in chat, and the "report this post" feature in the fora.

P. S. Good to see ya!

P. P. S. See, folks, it is possible to have a differing viewpoint without the acrimonious behavior.

5. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Nobody has insulted me I havent been in the chat room in a while. I just mean for people to show some respect for eachother. Thats all. I dont really go in the chatroom at all anymore. The lack of respect for the women is shamefull.........

6. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hi Uncut,

I would just change one word in your last statement.

"The lack of respect for PEOPLE is shameful"

As a moderator of many other boards, I'm amazed (in a bad way) by behavior.

7. Knockernail

Knockernail Member

Truth.

And i find specially sad when cultured people insults.

I make mine the DC_DEEPĀ“s sentence: Anonymity brings out the best in some, the worst in others.

8. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    The chat should stay.

People should learn to take criticism and not whine so much.

Ignoring negativity is part of being an adult. Embrace it.

9. Max Cdn

Max Cdn Member

Albums:
    I agree with Heather on this one, why penalize everyone for one person being an ass.

If anyone's ever been in other chat rooms you regularly encounter idiots, bigots and just plain mean people. The chat room in here is the friendliest i've ever seen. If someone's being an ass with PM's just hit ignore button, or leave the room.

10. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    It wasn't just one person being an ass. Almost everyone involved was being an ass.

Not everyone is going to be nice to everyone else. Both sides gotta learn how to deal. You must agree to disagree.

I believe there are "nice" rules posted up here somewhere that say you can't attack someone outright. There should also be rules that say "When someone doesn't follow the 'nice' rule, let the right people handle it when they can or just ignore it."

11. Principessa

Gold Member

'scuse you!

To the best of my knowledge neither you nor Max Cdn have been the target of any vicious and/or unsolicited attacks via LPSG. Also given the fact you weren't there I am inclined to believe your opinion doesn't matter.

:mad: njqt466 :mad:

12. Max Cdn

Max Cdn Member

Albums:
    What exactly would be considered a Solicited attack?

13. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    Believe whatever you want.

It's a messageboard. Anyone can opine and speak on any subject. That's the function of a message board. You certainly don't seem like you take advice or critism without lashing out.

14. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    ok.

15. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

My main point was showing some respect about way someone looks. The nasty comments seem to be directed at the women. We are dealing with the naked body.. If you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all.........:cool:

16. Pumblechook

Pumblechook New Member

Albums:
    "You gotta respect the condom!"

17. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes i have been hurt too. Not only directed at me at my girlfriend too. Which im sorry to say the strain on us because of who we are is getting to be to much. We cant handle it anymore

18. invisibleman

Gold Member

I think that it is near impossible to convince people who are vehemently prejudiced to stop feeling how they feel about people of color, persons with differing sexual orientations, weight challenged, and practitioners of differing faiths.

I think that we all have our crosses to bear. I believe that prejudiced people are dissatisfied people finding fault with others to make their lives interesting.

You know that people aren't liking who you are. That is a given. You also know that these prejudiced people manipulate their targets with hate speech. Don't give into their game by getting riled up because that is what they want you to do.

SPLCenter.org
    Tolerance.org

19. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Uncut and Kotchanski, you both know how I feel about you. I think you are both pretty awesome.

But uncut, you seem to focus on the disrespect toward women. Of course that's wrong, but disrespect toward anyone is wrong. Before anyone else shreds me for that comment, let me amend it by saying that if someone proves that he does not deserve the respect of others, then he deserves what he gets. Tearing into a troll is not disrespecting him.

Anyone who is so focused on physical appearances as to attack another person, based solely on physical appearance, should be pitied (but not tolerated.) Kotch, you and I have discussed this before, but any fool who would make nasty comments about your appearance is just a fucking idiot. You are exquisite.

I have learned, the hard way, over the years, that the people who are more hung up on physical appearance generally are not people I want to spend any time at all with. They are just sucking up and wasting my oxygen on this earth.

And for you cretins out there - I can always dye my hair or lose weight; you will never ever get over being STUPID.

20. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    What DC_Deep said.

Draft saved Draft deleted