Rest In Peace Baby June

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

The younger sister of Gypsy Rose Lee, born Ellen Hovick, known on screen and stage as June Havoc.
June Havoc, Vaudeville Star, Is Dead at 97 - Obituary (Obit) - NYTimes.com

"...appeared on vaudeville stages when she was 2 as Baby June and went on to a successful acting career — but saw her accomplishments overshadowed by the fictionalized portrayal of her in the 1959 musical “Gypsy” — died on Sunday at her home in Stamford, Conn. She was believed to be 97. The death was confirmed by her caregiver, Tana Sibilio.

“Gypsy” — whose book, by Arthur Laurents, was based on a memoir by her sister, the strip-tease artist Gypsy Rose Lee — the adorable, pampered June (by then known as Dainty June, having outgrown the baby billing) quits show business to elope with one of the boys in her act and is never heard from again. In real life, not long after her sister gained burlesque fame in the 1930s, Ms. Havoc established a solid career on Broadway and in Hollywood films."

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Would you guys say this is the last of the vaudeville performers? It is iconic to me in that there are no first hand witnesses anymore to this age.

mikey41

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I met her nephew, Eric Preminger, years ago. Nice fellow if a bit dim. He had to be reminded that his aunt is June Havoc.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Would you guys say this is the last of the vaudeville performers? It is iconic to me in that there are no first hand witnesses anymore to this age.

Mickey Rooney, born in 1920 (as Joseph Yule) began in Vaudeville with his parents before he was 2. Still alive.

Rose Marie, born 1923 (as Rose Marie Mazzetta, began at age 3) did a little performing before the movies came calling. Still alive.

There may be a few others.