Restoring Presidential Dignity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HyperHulk, Dec 14, 2008.

1. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    Following the blow job scandal of the Clinton administration, George Bush promised to restore dignity to the office of the President.

As Bush finishes his 8 years and we reflect back, what are everyone's thoughts on how Bush accomplished his goal of restoring Presidential dignity?

Mission accomplished or not?

2. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Clinton got a few blowjobs in his office. This is something that thousands, possibly millions of men in the US have done. I never saw it as a big deal.

Bush exploited the country, emptied her coffers, invaded an innocent country (illegally), showed great apathy to disaster victims, illegally tapped phones and created Homeland Security, got rich off of his war, got his friends and family very rich off of his war, and so many more dastardly deeds.

Bush has brought the respect and trust that the American people had in the Presidency to where it was in Nixon's day.

Thankfully, Obama seems to be an honest, decent person.

#2 D_Tintagel_Demondong, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  3. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Bush didn't take any blowjobs from fat interns. So yes, the Oval Office has been blowjob-free for 8 years.

4. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

In terms of tabloid scandal, sure he has - Bush is squeaky clean in that regard. Looking back to 2000, everyone was tired of the Clinton drama, Gore and Bush really pushed that 'I only fuck my wife' angle. :rolleyes2:

However, in terms of being 'educator-in-chief', transparency, and presenting as authoritative and capable, no.

5. Gl3nn

Gold Member

We're not talking about blowjobs alone, starinvestor...dignity in general.

Couldn't agree more with you, rec

6. houtx48

Gold Member

what about the blow jobs bush was giving jeff gannon?,,,,,doubt the oval office was oral free zone

7. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Assuming that Laura doesn't . . . no, I don't even want to finish that sentence. :puke:

8. B_starinvestor

Great spin. I especially like the inference to Iraq as an 'innocent' country. Well done, Rec.

9. Gl3nn

Gold Member

Don't condemn a whole country because of what a few people did, star.

10. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Well, Bush illegally invaded Iraq for no good reason, so maybe "innocent" isn't the best word. Maybe "violated"? It reminds me a bit of the "rape" of Kuwait, so maybe that would be a better word.

11. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

So you equate the dignity and honor of the office of the President with a lack of blowjobs?

Because THAT was the question...

So lying about intelligence... collusion with the enemy... killing half a million innocent iraqis... committing treason in outing a CIA anti-loose-nuke operation- destroying US credibility on the world stage... endorsing torture....bankrupting the US economy thru under-taxation, over spending and de-regulation of white collar graft... politicizing the justice department.... sweetheart no-bid deals with companies they have investments in... Undermining the constitution... illegal wiretapping.... Lying about illegal wiretapping... handing over 700 billion with ZERO accountability and oversight... undermining scientific research and education...

All of that has LESS effect on the dignity and honor of the office than ONE blowjob from a chubby chick?

Here's my reading... I will gladly pass an amendment REQUIRING chubby chicks to blow the president... if the president does NOTHING ELSE illegal, unconstitutional or Stupid.

12. B_starinvestor

A few people? Are you kidding me?

Surely, a glorious history of peace and harmony:

Reuters AlertNet - FACTBOX-Leaders of Iraq and their violent ends

Genocide in Iraq: Further Reasons for a Criminal Tribunal

Hussein murdered, maimed, executed and attacked women and children with chemical weapons. STOP acting like this was a peaceful, fun-loving nation that was raped by the US.

I'll listen to people bitch about Bush mis-steps, but spinning Iraq as a peaceful, innocent nation is absolute bullshit and you know it.

13. Gl3nn

Gold Member

14. B_starinvestor

That was funny:biggrin1:. No, that wasn't me. I speak a lot faster than that guy, and never talk under my breath.

15. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    When you do a little travel to, say, Europe, west or east, or south or central America and you talk to almost anybody and you see how the American government is perceived and in what regard the current American president in particular is held, you will see that there is very little that can be considered 'dignified' about it.

Then ask them how they see Obama. This should help answer the question.

16. nudeyorker

Gold Member

In a perfect world the rest of the planet will look at the US in the same kind light.

17. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Personally, I'm looking forward to a President who can lead morally and with dignity, who'll be a proper role model for children as well as their parents.

There was a time when that sort of thing was important.

18. Principessa

Gold Member

I have faith that Obama can restore dignity to the White House as well. I am also thrilled that there will be young children there as children make a house, (even that one) a home.

He did not accomplish his mission. He didn't even come close. :mad:

Then again I am a child of the 70's. When I was a kid Nixon was President followed by Gerald Ford. Neither one was role model material. Even Republicans did not encourage their children to be like the President back then.

When people were up in arms about Clinton and Monica, I was suitably disgusted that he would cheat on his wife but not surprised as that had been his modus operandi prior to being in the White House. I think Bill Clinton is intelligent and one of the best Presidents of the last 60 years. But he was not a suitable role model for our nations youth any more than George W. Bush.

Perhaps parents should focus on being better people themselves so that they can be role models for their children. :soapbox:

19. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I couldn't agree more. Sadly i don't see this happening in the near future or ever happening again.

20. sargon20

Gold Member

No. The blow jobs went to FAT CEO's on Wall Street but in a reversal of the usual the public had to pay $700 billion for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted