Retrograde Ejaculation

D_Odipherous Pitts

Account Disabled
Media
Since this spring I have noticed a very dramatic drop in my cum volumen output. While the orgasmic sensation is still there which will statisfy the mental part of cumming, the physical evidence is nil or nothing which mentally plays upon a guy's mind. My wife says it doesn't matter to her but she doesn't understand that while once I could give her a pearl necklace I now only can give her earrings.

I didn't know what the cause was and tried a multitude of thing to try and increase my volume with no success. I then did some additional reading and I think I have put 2 + 2 together to answer what the cause is.

In late winter/early spring my PSA numbers after my annual physical where very alarmingly high (close to 15). When other tests showed I did not have an enlarged prostate my doctors ordered a prostate biopsy. This is a VERY intrusive test where they put a small gun up your butt (sorry, that is NOT my thing) and shoot 12 needles into your prostate to pull out samples to test for cancer.

For the next 2 weeks my ejaculations contained blood and a very watery mixture of cum. When the blood subsided my cum was just watery and lower in volume. Since that time it has become less and less to the point where at times there is nothing at all that comes out.

I have not spoken to my Doctor but from what I've read prostate surgery, and I suspect, prostate biopsies, may be the cause of what is known as retrograde ejaculation.

What happens is that your cum now instead of ejaculating out of your cock is instead directed into your bladder instead. The sensations are similar but still not the same in my mind.

nuff said...

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, pearl necklace and earrings aside, you did the right thing by having the PSA test and the biopsy. Even though it's not "your thing", imagine how it must be for the doctor ! BUT..... prostate cancer runs in my family on my dad's side, he's had his prostate removed, after deciding that he'd rather live than die from it. His brother wasn't so lucky....he took various treatments, deciding that he'd rather have sex than live longer. He died this past spring....
I wish more men would get over the "ick" factor and be tested ! It's so important is that we should, as men, be aware of our bodies and the things that can cause problems. On a more personal note, I hope the test results come back negative, and that you're doing well. I'm sure that the retrograde ejaculation problem can be treated, if it doesn't clear up on it's own.I'm sure that with an intrusive test like that, it's nicked a nerve or something. Ask the doctor about it. Personally, I'd rather deal with that problem than have to take chemo or have my time here on earth cut short. Best of luck to you !

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I had a prostate "reem" job done nine years ago to make urination easier and more complete. I was pre-warned by the urologist that, after the surgery, that there would be no more ejaculating from the penis. Instead, the semen woud be shot into the bladder and would be eliminated from the body when urinating. The urologist's predictions were correct, but now, after all of this time, there is a small amount of ejaculate evident again after a hand-induced orgasm. My general practitioner doctor was amazed that this could happen. He warned that this condition could lead to un-planned fatherhood.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Uncutblond34 is right in urging members over forty to start getting an annual PSA to keep track of changes in the prostate. If you are scheduled for a PSA, make sure that you do not do any ejaculating or climaxing for four or five days before the blood draw. For some reason sexual activity,which I had had, can produce a higher reading. It happened to me. I got a reading of up near 4.0----abstained for five days, tried it again, came up with a 1.1 reading. Whew!!!

D_Odipherous Pitts

Account Disabled
Media
Uncutblond34 is right in urging members over forty to start getting an annual PSA to keep track of changes in the prostate. If you are scheduled for a PSA, make sure that you do not do any ejaculating or climaxing for four or five days before the blood draw. For some reason sexual activity,which I had had, can produce a higher reading. It happened to me. I got a reading of up near 4.0----abstained for five days, tried it again, came up with a 1.1 reading. Whew!!!

Exactly!!!!

The same thing happened to me. No one told me to refrain from sex before a PSA test thus my numbers were close to 15! I wish I would have pushed for a retest BEFORE the biopsy as I felt the biopsy was way too intrusive of a test. I would have thought there would have been other means to test for cancer. When I asked about a retest they just shrugged it off and said it probably wouldn't change much and they wanted to be sure. While I can see them wanting to be sure but they made me wait for 3 weeks to take the test so in the mean time I'm thinking I have prostate cancer!

None of the doctors told me of the retrograde ejaculation problem either. I would have thought they would have given me a heads up on the possibility of it happening. For the last six months I've been thinking I had something else wrong with me.

nuff said...