Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The american voters understand that the Wright flap:

April 30, 2008
Categories: Polls Obama gains in network polls
Contra the previous item, two other polls are showing the Wright flap doesn't seem to be doing major damage head-to-head national polling.
Quite the opposite:
Two network polls due out in the next hour or so, I'm told, actually have him moving up against Clinton.
He's moved ahead out of a tie in the last NBC poll, and gained in the CBS/NYT poll. Details on the evening news.

Now, how many people on this Thread actually heard The Entire press Conference Senator Obama gave on Reverend Wright on tuesday? Show of hands?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Now, how many people on this Thread actually heard The Entire press Conference Senator Obama gave on Reverend Wright on tuesday? Show of hands?[/B]
*raises hand*

Problem being he's forgone other chances to 'denounce' Wright and has therefore managed to put himself in a rather precarious and Kerry-esque "I was for Rev. Wright before I was against him" position.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*raises hand*

Problem being he's forgone other chances to 'denounce' Wright and has therefore managed to put himself in a rather precarious and Kerry-esque "I was for Rev. Wright before I was against him" position.

Raise partial hand.. was on TV.. but was often sidetracked. What I did feel/notice, was it gave this hot head just the forum he wants....

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He is a freaking nut, and I pray to God that he keeps on spewing fourth his hate so Hillary wins the nomination!

too late for the DNC nod... but he'll keep spewing.. and EVENTUALLY Barry will have to be honest with the points/issues that his "rev" brings up... since they've been chums for 20 years... and Barry seems to have "not been present" much like his congressional record, shows....

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

April 30, 2008
Contra the previous item, two other polls are showing the Wright flap doesn't seem to be doing major damage head-to-head national polling.
Quite the opposite:
Two network polls due out in the next hour or so, I'm told, actually have him moving up against Clinton.
He's moved ahead out of a tie in the last NBC poll, and gained in the CBS/NYT poll. Details on the evening news.

Now, how many people on this Thread actually heard The Entire press Conference Senator Obama gave on Reverend Wright on tuesday? Show of hands?

The same polls that told us Kerry had a 9% lead just a couple weeks before the election.

CBS... blatant leftist , nee Dan Rather
NYT... ummm, can I think of a more left newspaper (more of a paper DYING)... the LA Times, no, the DC Post.. no... I'll go with the NYT... you keep readin them polls kid... meanwhile the rest of America resides in reality.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media

If he denounces his mentor then the GOP will play the "flip flopper" card that worked so well against Kerry. I think that Obama is doing proper damage control; With the delegates he has, he just needs to coast from this point onward.

Now would be a good time to defer controversy by announcing possible running mate candidates.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought he seemed angry. As I said before, so far Barack Obama has said—and I‘ve made notes of it as he‘s done it—he vehemently disagrees with him. He strongly condemns him. He categorically denounces him. He rejects him outright. Yesterday we got that he‘s appalled by him, that he‘s outraged by him. I find it incredible that we‘re all sitting her going, why won‘t the Jeremiah Wright controversy go away. You know what, today, John McCain unveiled his health care plan. We got three different statements, three different policies on gas prices. We got the president of the United States making a huge economic speech and speaking to reporters for 40 minutes. We have got four U.S. soldiers who are announced to have been killed in Iraq yesterday.
What else has to happen in the news to push Jeremiah Wright out of the headlines before we do it for six straight headlines on every politics show in the country? This is all we‘re capable of talking about.

More voters understand about Wright:
CBS/NYT poll released today 4/30:
Obama leads Clinton 46 percent to 38 percent among Democrats who have either already voted in a primary contest or still plan to, with 14 percent saying they are undecided or don't know whom they support. The eight-point margin marks an increase from April 3rd, when Obama led Clinton by three points.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If he denounces his mentor then the GOP will play the "flip flopper" card that worked so well against Kerry. I think that Obama is doing proper damage control; With the delegates he has, he just needs to coast from this point onward.

Now would be a good time to defer controversy by announcing possible running mate candidates.

Great tactic on running mates.. however... not sure how Wright can stay quiet during the summer, especially when the heat turns on. Me thinks someone is digging up tax records... especially when this "inner city rev" is living big-stylee. I'm just pointing out the game at this point.

In terms of flip-flopping.... he needn't do much damage control.. because much of the argument Hillary can't attack on, as she'll lose (and/or appear hypocritical) upon her own constituency.

Since (unfortunately) the GOP has nothing to lose with the black vote, they'll go full bore. And it's not that the GOP is for/against the black vote, but this is politics, and moreover this is a campaign...

It's about statistics too often than than not. It's not about popular vote, it's about which states and what you need to do to win them. Such a shame.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
If he denounces his mentor then the GOP will play the "flip flopper" card that worked so well against Kerry.
He's already provided plenty of fodder for that. Some media outlets have already woven together clips of his varying positions on the matter, not to mention the "20 years a member" thing, the book title, etc. He has no choice but to try to bury it and hope it doesn't spring back during the general.

I thought he seemed angry. As I said before, so far Barack Obama has said—and I‘ve made notes of it as he‘s done it—he vehemently disagrees with him. He strongly condemns him. He categorically denounces him. He rejects him outright. Yesterday we got that he‘s appalled by him, that he‘s outraged by him.
Without question it was his strongest stuff to date, however for it take until now came off as political expediency (IMO) and Wright underscored it by asserting that Obama "says what he has to as a politician". The fact that Wright was so completely off his rocker this time around provided pretty good cover for Obama, however.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
April 30, 2008
Quite the opposite:

umm, no.

The Gallup Poll has Clinton ahead of Obama nationally. When you, Zo and I last talked about what the polls showed for several back and forth posts, Obama was ahead in the poll - so Obama is experiencing damage.

The NBC Wall Street Journal poll just released has Obama 3pts ahead of Clinton among Democrats which is within the margin of error. Obama's favorability numbers are down.

APRIL 28: A Survey USA poll of Indiana finds the results are identical to a poll released 4 weeks ago, on 04/01/08. "Clinton led then 52% to 43%, leads now 52% to 43%. Other polls show the contest closer; some polls show Obama ahead. SurveyUSA tracking graphs show movement toward Clinton in the middle of April but offsetting movement to Obama at the end of April."

Could poll numbers be a factor in Obama's Wright divorce?

It's probably no coincidence that Barack Obama revved up the John Deere and ran over and over and over again pastor Jeremiah Wright yesterday hours after a poll made a major splash.

Colleague Matt Schofield asked earlier today what prompted Obama's Tuesday turnaround on Wright. It's an interesting question particularly after Obama kept his head down while making tepid comments Monday afternoon on a North Carolina tarmac after Wright's Press Club speech.
By Monday, some entity was doing straight-forward polling in North Carolina on Wright and his impact on voters' views on Obama. Other reports showed Obama had been dropping a percentage point or two a day in North Carolina. Obama was pulling back from appearances in Indiana to schedule more time in what was suppose to be his double-digit gimmee state.

And then yesterday morning came word that Survey USA was releasing a poll showing Hillary Clinton had pulled to within five points of Obama in North Carolina. If his margin of victory was five or less next Tuesday, then the Clinton campaign could steal the Obama Pennsylvannia line about winning by keeping it close in North Carlina.

So what you ask? Well as National Review's Campaign Spot notes Survey USA has had a great track record in recent primaries. Their polls aren't "outliers" to be so easily dismissed. National Review said by Tuesday that Obama's campaign staff had to be a bunch of scaredy cats.
So a news conference was hastily scheduled. And the rest is history with the pundits saying a courageous Obama finally buried the Wright issue. Time will tell how that affects voters.

But the New York Post hints that Wright might not be done damning his "nephew" and is fuming at his treatment by Obama.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually Reverend Wright can go off on a nutty and I think Obama has insulated himself.....Whenever Rev Wright says something controversial...Obama need only say," Rev. Wright does NOT speak for me, my campaign, or what we're trying to accomplish. Next question? The "pundits" on MSNBC's Hardball(which has become the 24 hour news channel for Rev Wright) are, as I type, actually saying that the Rev Wright Dustup may actually Help Obama.
Now Trinity, do you want to talk about Magnequench, a Valparaiso, Ind., factory that moved to China???
ABC News: Hillary Ignores Bill's Role in Ind. Takeover

I don't think working class voters are going to like this story.

And for the record BOTH the NBC Wall Street Journal poll AND THE GALLUP poll are within the MOE, a fact you left out.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whenever Rev Wright says something controversial...Obama need only say," Rev. Wright does NOT speak for me, my campaign, or what we're trying to accomplish. Next question?

Ummm, no. That's the "I don't have to answer that question" Obama that won't work... his wife , his pastor... ...he needs to answer why he should be "CEO" of a country when those he surrounds himself are short selling the stock... especially given his short but extreme left track record. If McCain or Hillary sat in KKK rallies and were put to task and the say "David Duke doesn't speak for me"... yet Duke and his faith have been actively involved for 20 years of their lives... you damn well bet you'd be going ape-shit. It's a fair question, that he should fairly answer. My guess is Obama will "sell out" his true beliefs for the eye on the prize... maybe someone can/will catch him, a la A Few Good Men... and get Barry to speak with anger and honesty... no matter how it turns vs. the polish we're getting.

Nikkiwadlin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
VeeP.. you are hot, love that flip side. ne way, Obama didn't join the church for salvation. He sought out a big congregation for votes in his district when running for Ill state senate. I bet he was never a regular there. He is a politician, politicians have a pact w/ the devil. Just look at GW Bush. Nothing else need be said.