rev. al sharpton on hannity & colmes

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
there's about 20 minutes left in the first showing here on the east coast.

all i can say is that sharpton is a douche bag that avoids any and all points made. he's extremely defensive, and that speaks volumes about him. he tries to envoke dr. king, but i feel that if dr. king were alive today, he'd want nothing to do with sharpton's blatant racism.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
there's about 20 minutes left in the first showing here on the east coast.

all i can say is that sharpton is a douche bag that avoids any and all points made. he's extremely defensive, and that speaks volumes about him. he tries to envoke dr. king, but i feel that if dr. king were alive today, he'd want nothing to do with sharpton's blatant racism.

He does more harm than good.

Hey Al... there's a saying that goes "physician, heal thyself".

Tee&A

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know that we all have the right to our own opinions, but I'd like to hear what some of you have based your opinions of Al Sharpton on.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
He should get along great with Hannity, then.

my thoughts exactly. Hannity is twice the douchebag Sharpton could ever hope to be. for almost exactly the same reasons that surferboy uses to criticize the latter. and also because he would be quick to point out these shortcomings in Sharpton without ever admitting to the same shortcomings, magnified 1000 fold, in himself.

[edit] furthermore, though I have not seen this particular interview, I've seen enough of Hannity's interviews (they are all roughly the same) to know that if Sharpton was dodging Hannity's questions, there was probably good reason for it. Hannity does not know how to have an intellectually honest debate because he does not have dialogue with his opponent. The questions he asks are disengenuous and dishonest by careful, calculated design. If he were a lawyer in a court of law, every question he asked would be ruled as leading the witness and stricken from the record. He asks things that are often inconsequential and related loosely, at best, to the topic at hand, then after using his meandering open-ended logic to phrase the question and its relevance to said topic, he demands, over and over again, an extremely narrow response, often in the form of a yes or no answer. When his opponents attempt to give complete and honest answers to these asinine questions, Hannity interrupts and talks over them and does not allow it, hammering away repeatedly over and over and over again "answer the question," because they are not answering the questions as he wants them to. However, any intelligent speaker would never answer these deceitful questions as Hannity wants them to because they can see already where it is leading and they don't want to fall into the obvious trap. Hannity's screwball logic is that "if A and if B, then C," where A, B, and C are tangentially related if at all. If his opponent answers the questions of A and B as Hannity wants them to, then that leaves Hannity open to conclude C and make his point. Even though his point is always invariably complete fallacy, it appears as though his opponent has just supported what Hannity was trying to say because his opponent confirmed, with the one word answer they were allowed, the twisted logic that Hannity employed to arrive at conclusion C. This is partisan hackery. This is outright lying. This is spin to the nth degree. This is not debate. Anyone even remotely intelligent would realize this and would dodge Hannity's idiotic questions as well.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hannity does not know how to have an intellectually honest debate because he does not have dialogue with his opponent. The questions he asks are disengenuous and dishonest by careful, calculated design.

My god.. me thinks you don't listen to talk radio much... regardless of what side you sit on... it's so frustrating. They do one thing, then practice the other... a la they gloss over some facts.. and jump back into a question they want to get into... but yet on other callers... they do the opposite and hone in on one point that is usually hard to prove/disprove and avoid 9 or 10 other counterpoints. Why the good ones get paid well.

that has everything to do with talk radio show hosts, and nothing to do with Hannity specifically.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
actually, it was supposed to be a debate between imus' producer (mcguirk, i believe his name is?) and sharpton. but sharpton would just dodge any question directed at him. sharpton would then be all "well then, i guess i'll just stop talking" and other bullshit comebacks. face it: sharpton is a fuckin self-righteous douche bag.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
actually, it was supposed to be a debate between imus' producer (mcguirk, i believe his name is?) and sharpton. but sharpton would just dodge any question directed at him. sharpton would then be all "well then, i guess i'll just stop talking" and other bullshit comebacks. face it: sharpton is a fuckin self-righteous douche bag.
Close, Nix. Sharpton is a racist homophobic bigot. Wow, he'd make a good Klansman, wouldn't he?

bigdog1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are self serving opportunists who could care less about people of color or any other people for that matter. They only care about themselves. I myself am a person of color and I see through their bs, unfortunately most people of color do not.

Case and point, in Washington, D.C. (district of corruption) there is a statue of Albert Pike one of the founders of the KKK. Neither Sharpton, Jackson nor the NAACP have called it's removal. But they will talk s--t about the Confederate Flag. Total hypocrisy!

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
face it: sharpton is a fuckin self-righteous douche bag.
But self-righteous douche baggery is a very ordinary villany. S's real accomplishment is that he's America's premier racist. And for that title he had to beat out some serious competition from pros like Charlie Rangel. Although Rangel maybe rates some extra credit, as even with his racist rants he's managed to attain, and hold, elective office, unlike Sharpton.

I don't remember any of King's speeches being racist. They were, of course, about race, but that's not the same thing.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What strikes me most about Sharpton is just that he's dumb. I only caught excerpts of the show, but he clearly has no idea what it means to debate, nor does he understand the concept of hypocrisy. Black people surely have better people to put forth as representatives than this useless douchbag. I agree he is a total racist.

I don't call him the worst racist though, because no one has died because of him. I'm still save that fine title for klansmen and bush. bush calls all Iraqis "terrrrrrrrrrrrists" so we feel better about obliterating them at large.

I gotta agree with Face (shock!) about talk radio though, you have to understand from the beginning that it's a dog-and-pony show. If you've got good popcorn, it's pretty entertaining.

edit- thanks big dirge for "douche baggery", you made my day.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I gotta agree with Face (shock!) about talk radio though, you have to understand from the beginning that it's a dog-and-pony show. If you've got good popcorn, it's pretty entertaining.

Agree here too. Talk radio is just like pro wrestling: Dog-and-pony entertainment that only vaguely resembles something legit.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My god.. me thinks you don't listen to talk radio much... regardless of what side you sit on... it's so frustrating. They do one thing, then practice the other... a la they gloss over some facts.. and jump back into a question they want to get into... but yet on other callers... they do the opposite and hone in on one point that is usually hard to prove/disprove and avoid 9 or 10 other counterpoints. Why the good ones get paid well.

that has everything to do with talk radio show hosts, and nothing to do with Hannity specifically.

I disagree, and I listen to a lot of talk radio. Show me one personality on NPR, a purported liberal stronghold, that does ANYTHING like what I was describing of Mr. Hannity. I can't think of one liberal talking head that does, for that matter. This may be because by and large talk radio is overwhelmingly conservative, but there it is. Rosie O'Donnell is underinformed and heavily biased. Al Franken is condescending, unfunny, and unfair. Michael Moore is a liar. Still... none of these people do what I described Hannity doing.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay