Rev. Ted Haggard is now free of gay urges!

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Did you see Sarah and Bristol Palin being interviewed on Oprah? Bristol said she had made a commitment to not have sex outside marriage again.
Mom's response was "you plan to marry at a young age, don't you"?

I doubt it played very well with the right wing religious nuts.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
you know, I really do feel sorry for that man. I watched a few specials on HBO about him. Its really a shame what his church did to him. They basically kicked him out of the state of Colorado. I didn't like him as a preacher, but as a human being, he seemed to be very likeable. I don't believe he is 'cured' of his gayness.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That's interesting because it was as recently as about a year ago that Ted himself said that while he "still had occasional homosexual thoughts" he no longer "felt compelled to give in to them" which is a very different take on things.

I think the lovely Gayle is projecting, wishfully. And so is he.

Last edited:

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
It’s her marriage and her man. I read the article in a different way. Had she wanted to dump him, by all means, she had cause if cause were what she needed. But if she loves the guy, you’ll never read me writing different. I know a thing or two about being in love and the old saying that love is blind misses the point.

If we are in it with someone on condition, that’s OK, but don’t call it love. You love somebody and they come close to re-defining your idea of near perfect.

The article ends with a discussion of hypocrisy. I think hypocrisy is “the devil’s argument.” Who are we “the devil says” to be good or do the right thing.

At the end, she says:

"... And now, Gayle is telling her own intimate story in her book.
Jones said he revealed Ted’s activities to expose the pastor’s hypocrisy. Vieira asked Gayle if it was true that her husband had been a hypocrite.
“The term means to say one thing and do another,” Gayle said. “However, I have discovered that is the human condition. All of us have ideals that we strive for in our lives. So I think that all of us are to one degree or another a hypocrite. Ted just had to play his out on a very public stage.”

For sure, I wonder how might this insight have played in their ministry before he was publicly disgraced. They apparently knew there were issues and chose to enjoy power and prestige pandering to ignorance about the human condition.

But maybe life can be about coming to terms with our own worse selves, and when someone else does it, we can hope they are becoming all the better for it.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
you know, I really do feel sorry for that man. I watched a few specials on HBO about him. Its really a shame what his church did to him. They basically kicked him out of the state of Colorado. I didn't like him as a preacher, but as a human being, he seemed to be very likeable. I don't believe he is 'cured' of his gayness.

I thought he seemed like a nice guy too. I can see why that right wingnut church he founded no longer wanted to keep him on as pastor but how can they kick him out of the state of Colorado? I can't figure that out, they don't own Colorado! LOL

Haggard should just admit that he is a bisexual and become an Episcopal priest because I think he is a good pastor. With a few notable exceptions most Episcopal congregations do not care. When I was a kid our diocese had a Bishop who was so flaming I am surprised he did not spontaneously combust. Certainly everyone in our fairly conservative congregation including my grandfather who was the priest at our church had to have known this guy was gay...but nobody cared! They showed him with the same respect that they had for any other Bishop.

Haggard's wife knew he had been with a dude and she stayed with him. He got caught shackign up with a male prostitute and she still stood by him. She loves him and she probably does not care that he has a thing for dudes...Iam guessing is probably just writing this book to try and help him get his ministry career back.

Last edited:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hope his next ho on the side outs him again. He is just a fool that continues to hurt others with his piss ass excuses. This guy makes me sick...I wish he was straight because we don't need his sorry sissy ass

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
He's not a nice guy.
Wake up.
He's a Con man, a charlatan, a liar and a huckster.

That he secretly is a meth snorting fag is his most endearing quality.

The man had made a good living selling hatred, stupidity and ignorance in the name of a God he clearly doesn't even believe in... because these sad pathetic grifters never seem to come "clean" until they are caught with the cock literally in their mouth.
He has Actively championed an Anti-gay, agenda, rallying the christian right around their homophobes to try and force or influence legislation that actively discriminates against gay people.

In short... he is beating the anti cock sucking drum WHILE he is sucking cock.

That proves him a liar, proves him a fake, and proves that he does not carry the convictions that he preaches to others.

One more time... these slick bastards don't call their congregation their 'flock' for nothing.

Sheep ranching ain't about the sheep... its all about the shearing.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I want the name of his counselor! Maybe he can cure me of my addiction to chocolate, Kool-Aid, long, thick, white boy cocks; and that pesky depression that has afflicted me off and on for about ten years. :smile: :cool:

Just another hypocrite who is in denial of his true sexual orientation.
I agree, that was my initial impression upon hearing this news story. :yup: Perhaps he moved to an area where the men are just too ugly to lust after? :lmao: So he thinks the urge is gone. :tongue: :rolleyes:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's not a nice guy.
Wake up.
He's a Con man, a charlatan, a liar and a huckster.

That he secretly is a meth snorting fag is his most endearing quality.

*SNIP*
In short... he is beating the anti cock sucking drum WHILE he is sucking cock.

That proves him a liar, proves him a fake, and proves that he does not carry the convictions that he preaches to others.

One more time... these slick bastards don't call their congregation their 'flock' for nothing.

Sheep ranching ain't about the sheep... its all about the shearing.[/QUOTE] I like that last line, I may use it sometime.:cool:

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, we all have our crosses to bear and our cocks to suck, one way or the other. I think we are all adult and intelligent enough to know that you can't be cured of gayness anymore than straightness. I would have bought it if he'd said that he still has thoughts and urges, but through therapy has learned how to supress them. I could have at least respected that, though I wouldn't have believed it. Then again, I was wondering where that charming pig that flew out of my arse today came from...

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well, we all have our crosses to bear and our cocks to suck, one way or the other. I think we are all adult and intelligent enough to know that you can't be cured of gayness anymore than straightness. I would have bought it if he'd said that he still has thoughts and urges, but through therapy has learned how to supress them. I could have at least respected that, though I wouldn't have believed it. Then again, I was wondering where that charming pig that flew out of my arse today came from...

Sexuality can be malleable, but in a natural way. There are men who became more heterosexual over time, just like there are men who have become more homosexual over time. Then, there are men who are always gay or always straight.

But Ted is most likely as gay or bisexual as he's ever been. At any rate, Ted is what Ted is, but you can't tell people they can be cured of homosexuality. It doesn't work that way.