review of pouch boxer briefs available online

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by matthi, Jul 2, 2006.

1. matthi

matthi Well-Known Member

Albums:
    After years of mild discomfort in Y-fronts, boxers and other stuff that just doesn't agree with my low-hanging balls and penis, I decided to try a couple of the brands suggested on here. I thought I'd give a quick summary of my experience after a couple of weeks wearing experience.

What I tried:

1. N2N tropic boxer :

2. N2N cotton pouch boxer:

3. Ergowear Ergo-Boxer MAX:

4. Ergowear Ergo-Boxer X3D:

5. Undergear Basic Contour Boxer Brief:

Overall impressions:

Both N2N and Ergowear products fit snugly between legs and balls and around the penis, keeping everything firmly (but not uncomfortably) in place. This is in contrast to the Undergear product which leaves space around the inside leg, and is much looser in general. The N2N's in particular push my package outwards, especially if I put both balls and penis in the pouch as their models seem to do. For the Tropic boxer, this fits comfortably; however, for the cotton pouch boxer I found that even when I wear it low on the hips, the pouch is essentially too high up for my balls to fit in. I've had no comfort problems not putting my balls in, but this tends to push the balls close to your body, which might not be the best from a long-term sperm quality viewpoint!

The tropic boxer is a lot stretchier than any of the others, but remarkably it offers enough support (no 'escapes' during walking, running, cycling, and no unwanted swinging around). If your goal is to walk around with a variable semi-hard penis to show as much bulge as you feel like without having to change underwear, this is perfect. The N2N cotton pouch boxer is a little less stretchy but still more so than both Ergowear products, which feel a lot sturdier, more rigid, in comparison. Even though I think I get pretty hard when I want to, everything stays pretty much in shape in Ergowear. Also no escapes when playing football for a couple of hours. The seam on the inside of the pouch is sometimes a little uncomfortable in my MAX Ergo-boxer, and they are both a little tight around my legs. But maybe that's because I didn't get the right size -- for a proper review I'd need to try a large as well as the medium I got. In general though Ergowear's medium size is less accomodating than both N2N and Undergear's.

So, so far, my favourite is the N2N tropic. But I will try more and report what I find. I'd be interested in other's experiences also.

- Matt

PS: beware if you're outside the US and want to order from Undergear. They have a hidden "handling" charge of $10 in addition to extra shipping costs, both of which will NOT appear on your checkout & confirmation e-mail and not on the website basket either. Bad practice IMO. They also took 3 times longer to ship than both N2N and ergowear, whose int'l shipping rates are reasonable and there are no hidden charges.

(EDIT: I embedded your links into the text as the length of the hyperlinks had broken the post table--Lex)

2. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thnx for the in depth info (with pics) on these products. I'll probably order up a pair.

3. Damiaen Michaels

Damiaen Michaels New Member

Albums:
    Hey,

I have several pair of the N2N Tropics for when I am at work, cause a 10 to 12 hour and boxers just don't mix, and I have to say they are freakin' awesome. Matt, was dead on in his review of them. After a 10 some-odd hour day and moving around constantly, I have absolutely no problems or discomfort.

Rock on,

Damiaen

4. ordinarygay

ordinarygay New Member

there is C-in2 product too.
    Slightly the same effect as N2N.

5. matthi

matthi Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Yes, I'm keen to try some C-in2 too. Which is their model with pouch, or is there any particular one you recommend?

I've a attached a pic of the standard N2N cotton pouch boxer for reference :smile:

Attached Files:

6. bighosenow

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with Matt. I usually go comando but when I can't I find the N2@ tropic to be the most comfortable. I just wish they made them in white.

Draft saved Draft deleted