Reviews of this site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

kudo451: http://flakmag.com/web/lpsg.html

Not sure how to really take this. I mean the guy has stuffed it with so much haterade I think he could sell it to Islamic fundamentalist. <_<

But on the other hand there is no such thing as bad advertising&#33; ;)

2. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

To be fair, this review was based on the first incarnation of LPSG -- and dude, that was FOREVER ago. (To put it in perspective, I was a junior in undergraduate school when I first heard of this site -- totally, a gag -- and that was back in 2000.)

We&#39;ve come a long way since then.

3. Xin

Xin New Member

Whenever it was written, it sounds like the &#39;journalist&#39; simply has self-esteem issues.

4. Donk

Donk New Member

As Dee said, this thing is way old. And, not to be mean, but it appears to be written by someone who probably doesn&#39;t need the support services this group offers.

5. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    I actually sort of like that article - it is old, as the others have said, but I&#39;m glad it&#39;s still around. I have little doubt that most people who visit this site enjoy it immediately.

6. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    Many of the site reviews on flakmag.com are written in the same tone, so you shouldn&#39;t feel bad about the LPSG review, even if it was of the old incarnation. The writers on flakmag seem to use the same philosophy that has been so sucessful on AM talk radio, or certain TV shows: The audience will be more interested if you grasp at straws to tear someting apart than if you are informative and constructive. Even in some flakmag reviews where the title seems to praise the site under review, the text falls into destructive sarcasm. It&#39;s just the style of the site. Really, what it says about LPSG isn&#39;t too bad-- It just talks about tintilating material in the wrapper, but does not disparage the real contents, and is likely to make people click and take a look.

But, having said this, you missed the best part of the flakmag LPSG review-- the link to a brief salon.com article about Al Gore&#39;s oversized bulge:

http://dir.salon.com/politics/trail/2000/1..._mix/index.html

7. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Those were the days...

Draft saved Draft deleted