Rice rebuffs Congress on Iraq war subpoena

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
wow, was it actually banned finally?
Damn. I was one square short of getting to stand up and yell, "BINGO!" um... er... I mean "TROLL TROLL TROLL."

This is the second banning. Will it ever make it to third-time's-a-charm?

P. S. Thanks, Mindseye. The only time I reported its posts was when it did exactly what you mentioned - insulting specific members who had not even posted in a given thread.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been thinking that he sounded very early teen but hadn't quite felt like outing him. I haven't 'engaged' him, so I haven't been annoyed by him, more amused.

Any libtards going to come to his defence(tick, tick, tick)?

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I've been thinking that he sounded very early teen but hadn't quite felt like outing him. I haven't 'engaged' him, so I haven't been annoyed by him, more amused.

An early teen, emotionally, perhaps... I peg his age between 25 and 33. He kept making references to angsty-edgy teen '80s movies like "Heathers" and "The Breakfast Club". They may be timeliess, but they are now dated and only someone who was around during their heyday as a teen or pre-teen would remember them. Do the math, and that makes his age between 25 - 35.

He sounded immature and bit queeny. If he was "to be outed", it would be for not knowing his orientation fully rather than his age. I guess that he was/is some low, level staffer at a university.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

<snertle> <chork> <derisive gorgon>

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This seems extremely far-fetched. Simple fact of the times was that defensive military technology and tactics (barbed wire, heavy machine guns, trenches) were vastly superior to offensive technology and tactics.
No such blanket statement is correct; there are too many counterexamples. It was a big war, with counterexamples a-plenty. In 1914, the Schlieffen Plan was a great success, as long as it remained offensive. Once the German right wing started thinking defensively, it began to fail. Once they dug in, it was done. The plan had failed, Germany's chances of avoiding a two-front war evaporated, and the end was only a matter of time; fourr years. Germany did manage to achieve tremendous penetrations of the Allied fronts during the Spring Offensive in 1918, actually breaking out into the countryside and gaining room for maneuver, but the penetrations were narrow salients and were all easily pinched off. The final result was a loss to Germany of another quarter of a million men - sometimes offense didn't work too well either. But in that case it wasn't the fault of the barbed wire or Maxim guns.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was full of piss and vinegar when I was 14, too. Though I do like to think I made better arguments. later, JQ...

ChimeraTX sure did, and he was 15.

I think this guy was very young, maybe as young as 12. If he spends a lot of time home alone, those 80's movies might just be what his parents have around.

He gave me the impression of someone very young who had recently found out they have an above average iq. At that age, one lacks the discretion to understand that doesn't make you better than other people, nor does it make you right about everything.

I agreed with a *slim* few of his points, but he presented them so poorly, it was really pointless to have someone around who only wanted to ruffle feathers. He neither wanted to learn nor teach, he just wanted to insitgate- our definition of a troll.

Please, please, the next time this happenes, let's not all ruin the quality of the whole board by repsonding to it, mkay? I mean, once it's clear that there's nothing to gain, can't we just agree to ignore it?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In 1914, the Schlieffen Plan was a great success, as long as it remained offensive. Once the German right wing started thinking defensively, it began to fail. Once they dug in, it was done. The plan had failed, Germany's chances of avoiding a two-front war evaporated, and the end was only a matter of time; fourr years.

That matches what I learned as well. The German hesitation brought on by a brief, unexpected clash with the BEF at Mons along with a sudden thrust by Gallieni from Paris.

That stuff fascinated me. Did you read Tuchman's "The Guns of August"? I stayed up all night to finish it.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Please, please, the next time this happenes, let's not all ruin the quality of the whole board by repsonding to it, mkay? I mean, once it's clear that there's nothing to gain, can't we just agree to ignore it?

Well, fuck, I was saying that all along. I guess I'm too subtle. :cool:

Amazing how many angry people there are in the internet dimension.