Rick Astley, Singer, Is He Gay?

Jasper72

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Obviously you must be too young to remember he was one of the biggest recording artists in the world in the late 80's. He had five Top 10 hits on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, including back-to-back #1's with his first two singles, "Never Gonna..." and "Together Forever," as well as a handful of other smaller hits.

Hardly a one hit wonder, his songs are still staples on retro and AC radio and his recordings have sold more than 40 million copies worldwide. He's married and has one daughter.

ok, I remember the TF song now, but that's it for me. I guess growing up on a farm in the boonies was good for SOME things! LOL

btw, that was NOT "Groovie Ghoulies", it was "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", which might still be on Cartoon Network. The big purple guy was 'Eduardo', and the blue Muppet was the main character, 'Bloo'. They seem to revamp their whole schedule every couple years, and I don't watch it much since they pulled JLU. :mad:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Isn't is funny how you can openly insult people by saying things like gay as a picnic basket and call a women a canyon yodler but its wrong to use the n word or speak of a race by stereo types. I find this extremely confusing. Isn't prejudice the same if you talking about an ethnic group or a form of sexual orientation.

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Rick's music was crap in the 80's and it's crap now. The glow of nostalgia will never shine a flattering light on this insignificant wanker.

But that's just my opinion. Others seem quite smitten. I suppose at the time I wanted to blow him, but that can be said of a lot of men, then and now.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Isn't is funny how you can openly insult people by saying things like gay as a picnic basket and call a women a canyon yodler but its wrong to use the n word or speak of a race by stereo types. I find this extremely confusing. Isn't prejudice the same if you talking about an ethnic group or a form of sexual orientation.
I don't have trouble with "Gay as a picnic basket" as I do with calling someone a "FU**ING FA***TT" discrimination is wrong in every way, I wish we lived in a perfect world but we don't.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think just about every male celebrity has been called Gay at some point. Its mostly just wishful thinking & downright ignorance.

D

deleted3782

On top of Rick Ghastly's singing (synching) yesterday in the parade...did anyone see Barry Manilow's rendition of "Gunna Make You Cry" on the today show this morning? I can't find the video, but this gives you an idea...

Sabln7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've heard this for years, that he came out of the closet. What's the truth?

I must say that he is so much hotter from when he was a kid all the way back when. What happened?

Did anyone catch him at the Macy's Day Parade today? It got Rick Rolled. lmao.

Any hot pix?

He is not gay, he's married and has a kid.

I know this because my mom freaked out when she saw him on tv today. She thinks he's just sooooo cute. Anyway, so then she had to look him up online and tell me everything about him.

I am married and have two kids and seven grand kids. I am still as gay as a goose.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
o
btw, that was NOT "Groovie Ghoulies", it was "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", which might still be on Cartoon Network. The big purple guy was 'Eduardo', and the blue Muppet was the main character, 'Bloo'. They seem to revamp their whole schedule every couple years, and I don't watch it much since they pulled JLU. :mad:

I know that it wasn't the GROOVY GHOULIES, Jasper. I was illustrating how retarded the intro song (not the show--if you heard the songs on GROOVY GHOULIES--you would know what I meant song-wise) was before the segue-gus interruptus to the Rick Astley song we all know and love here at LPSG. :biggrin1:

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On top of Rick Ghastly's singing (synching) yesterday in the parade...did anyone see Barry Manilow's rendition of "Gunna Make You Cry" on the today show this morning? I can't find the video, but this gives you an idea...

I myself can't stand Barry. When he started singing I hit the mute button.
But here is Barry's songs from the Today Show. Just scroll down to see all 3.