Rick Perry: 'I Don't Care' If Tax Plan Helps the Rich

D

deleted15807

Well at least one for the candidates decided to be open and honest about who is going to benefit the most under all the Republican tax 'reform' plans.
Simpsonville, S.C. — Texas Gov. Rick Perry, seeking to jump-start his GOP presidential campaign with a 20 percent flat tax, said “I don’t care” if his plan gives millions to wealthy Americans because he says it will accelerate economic growth.

Rick Perry: 'I Don't Care' If Tax Plan Helps the Rich

Didn't Bush II try this and it didn't quite work out that way? Will 'Take Two' be any different?

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The scary part is if this is Rick Perry's attitude toward serious concerns, if he is president (hope not) invading other countries or allowing corporate America countrol policies will he also not care of the effects to people and the world of his decisions as long as it brings economic growth. Read as corporate America's profit hits record highs!

I'm getting a feeling this IS the Rick Perry, who has been annoited by god to lead his American flock, and the power he wants at any cost will be at the expense of our countries young and older citizens.

World domination of the master race, wasn't that Hitler's vision?

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And then he gave a reason: it will stimulate economic growth. Why do Dems hate the economy so much?

D

deleted15807

And then he gave a reason: it will stimulate economic growth. Why do Dems hate the economy so much?

Show me your data. I'm from the Show-Me State.

Do you come here to tweet as that is the extent of your 'writings'.

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oooh, Godwin's Law on the second post.

I figure if its inevitable, I.e according to Godwin, let it happen sooner than later.

Rick Perryism is still a danger to our humanity, as is any thinking like his.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Rick Perry has many problems that will come out when the real fight starts next year. His flagrant favoritism towards extremist policies and his refusal to even delay when new facts were found caused the execution of a man accused of arson in Texas. That will be used against him very heavily.

The next problem is that Perry's 20% plan depends on passage in both the United States Senate and house. Perry and Cain both have proposed plans, but neither plan will be acceptable to the mega rich. They (Big Bucks America) will then throw their wealth behind those who will preserve the "status quo" and every campaign dollar necessary would be thrown in to the election of "sympathetic" congressmen and senators. Perry is an extremist with a lot of hot air with regards to his actual ability. Like Cain, he thinks he is a legislator and not running for office in the executive branch of government.

Sounds good, but not gonna happen. . . . .

D

deleted15807

Rick Perry has many problems that will come out when the real fight starts next year. His flagrant favoritism towards extremist policies and his refusal to even delay when new facts were found caused the execution of a man accused of arson in Texas. That will be used against him very heavily.

Perry is George W. Bush dumbed down (if you can believe that).

Poll: Perry Slips to 5th Place

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Perry is George W. Bush dumbed down (if you can believe that).[/QUOTE]

This is pushing the boundaries of my comprehension skills.

Unlike some Democrats, I don't have a problem with people being rewarded for what they do (I do have a problem with the level of reward that we give to some people), however I have little doubt that if you want a vibrant economy you have to have a system in which the average and below average household incomes have money to spend.

If I can be a bit boring and put it in business terms, the break even on household incomes has been raised by Govt, Banks, Utilities, housing etc etc taking too big a piece of the household pie. I do not see the answer to be in paying people more, but rather to reduce the take of these too powerful concerns. The people must also take some responsibility, especially with personal debt, but I am sticking ith my overall view.

Earnings over $200K for sake of argument should have a flat rate of 40%, no personal deductions, and those below $20K, no tax. Just a suggestion, I don't know what actually happens in the US.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
World domination of the master race, wasn't that Hitler's vision?
I think Hitler was seeking wide popular appeal, at least amongst aryans and would be aryans. It was racial groups he chose to make scapegoats rather than classes in society such as the poor or rich. Though he had some extreme ideas on health care. Now, whether you can equate the concept of Hitler's master race with the concept of 'the american way', yes I expect you can. Many american politicians seem to take the same tack as Hitler in holding up america as master race deserving to rule. This is traditional. The present situation seems to be a little different in that there is a growing favoritism for the rich. This too is traditional, but in countries ruled by aristocracies. The US has come full circle from its birth.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
It's just the latest cycle "we should do something about the tax system", seems like it happens every so often but nothing ever gets done about it. If some of you don't like Democrats does that also mean you don't like the money they pay in to the tax system?

jakesph

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's just the latest cycle "we should do something about the tax system", seems like it happens every so often but nothing ever gets done about it. If some of you don't like Democrats does that also mean you don't like the money they pay in to the tax system?

Lol ha!

D

deleted15807

I think Hitler was seeking wide popular appeal, at least amongst aryans and would be aryans. It was racial groups he chose to make scapegoats rather than classes in society such as the poor or rich. Though he had some extreme ideas on health care. Now, whether you can equate the concept of Hitler's master race with the concept of 'the american way', yes I expect you can. Many american politicians seem to take the same tack as Hitler in holding up america as master race deserving to rule. This is traditional. The present situation seems to be a little different in that there is a growing favoritism for the rich. This too is traditional, but in countries ruled by aristocracies. The US has come full circle from its birth.

Doesn't that happen to all societies? They become rich and prosperous then fall victim to their own success?

Documented very well in the book 'The Rise and Fall of The Great Powers'

The more states increase their power, the larger the proportion of their resources they devote to maintaining it. If too large a proportion of national resources is diverted to military purposes, this in the long run leads to a weakening of power. The capacity to sustain a conflict with a comparable state or coalition of states ultimately depends on economic strength; but states apparently at the zenith of their political power are usually already in a condition of comparative economic decline, and the United States is no exception to this rule. Power can be maintained only by a prudent balance between the creation of wealth and military expenditure, and great powers in decline almost always hasten their demise by shifting expenditure from the former to the latter. Spain, the Netherlands, France and Britain did exactly that. Now it is the turn of the Soviet Union and the United States.

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

This is my perpective: that the sad part about it really is not until after WWII did America was given the roll of a super power and eventually looked up as the "savior" when crisis in a particular country arose. Unfortunatley the arrogance that eventually ensued by powers to be became more evident with foreign policies that favored certain groups of people or country with the guise of strategic
location or economics determining whether we became involved or not in their business. It's only natural that shared resources and political gains are part of the equation. It has gotten out of hand as now whoever has the money determines policy and direction the country is going. It is evident in China and Russia, and becoming more so in the US. In China their are malls built that only the rich can shop at because no one else can afford what is being sold, and the intent is to cator to this group. Of course these are built by the super rich and their investors for that purpose. It also separates the class of people even more so.

In the US those people not corporations- cause corporations aren't people- that have been using their influence through their money to make policies or control government are the main targets for the most recent peacful demonstrations in various cities that was started with Occupy Wall Street. The more I learn about the reason for these demonstrations the more disgusted I become and dismayed that the coverup or rhetoric to appease the masses masks the true intentions of these people (the "rich")
Clear to me is that banks and "wall street" does not make jobs. They invest money to make more. The less people on the payroll and the less benefits that these people are given the company makes more money. Those who are left for fear of loosing their job consciously work to cover their asses and work beyond their "job description" so as not to be next to be axed.

So when the politicians and republican candidates use the rhetoric of job creators are the rich, thats 99% BS. We the people who work for these people are the job creators. If we are able to increase consumer spending in mass than the demand for a corporations goods increases. If there is no spending than crisis ensues. I liken this to the "Bugs Life" movie. The Grasshoppers are the takers and the ants are the workers. The Ants harvest the grain the grasshoppers take the grain. leaving a tiny morsel for the ants to fend for amongst themselves. and because they are so use to this the Ants allow it to happen. People need to stop letting it happen anymore. No one went to jail for the economic melt down, why is that. Why hasnt the attorney general stepped up?
Occupy Wall street is the result of greed and arrogance, simple as that.

And all I see in the republican candidates is the desire to maintain their contributors will through the manipulation of information and blame. Obama does not legislate, and the true holders of the cards has been the republicans in congress for the last year, they are doing the same thing that they complained about when the dems were in control, and its so apparent that their main goal is not for America but to get Obama out. Obama is finally making executive decisions that he has hesitated in order to allow congress and the democratic process to do so. But for him to take executive order than so be it I don't care the motive( political or otherwise) it needs to happen now, people are suffering now.