Rick Perry promises to "end Obama's war on religion"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Calboner, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. D_Amadeus_Mofart

D_Amadeus_Mofart Account Disabled

Stupidity breads stupidity, hope to god (pardon the pun) this man doesn't have an impact on today's youth.. otherwise America will be growing a generation of moronic bible thumping Palin like children.

And this is coming from a Chrsitian-Canadian.

3. monel

Gold Member

I love a politician who is unashamed of his stupidity and wears it like a badge of honor. "Good on ya, Ricky. We know who you are"

4. bobbyboyle

bobbyboyle New Member

This dude really hates your Constitution, huh?

5. dude_007

Gold Member

^ now now, don't go pointing out the hypocrisy of Republican strategists

6. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    He's competing with Michele Bachmann for the religious dumb-ass vote.

7. Remington

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That "ad" gave me a migraine....

Doesn't it seem like these types always think there is a "war" on something, or is it just me?

8. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hate the sin, love the sinner:

The GOP is Occupied with Amending the Constitution | Crooks and Liars

(I think "occupied" is a goof for "preoccupied." The GOP is not in the process of amending the Constitution, but merely seeking to do so.)

9. tamati

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    why not follow gods word and call for an end the war on human rights?

these idiots cant even follow their own book...they are always making a spectacle of their relationship with god. its sickening.

what we really need, is to elect an atheist for a few cycles....these bible thumpers keep fucking up our great country.

10. sargon20

Gold Member

FoxFauxFixed News wants to end it too:

Fox News criticizes Barack Obama for leaving God out of his Thanksgiving address despite the fact that he didn't leave him out.

11. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    religon was always a problem for americans.. In the 60's it was JFK who had to point out that he wouldnt sell the usa to the vatikan only cause he was catholic...

You realy have to learn to calm down when its about religion... The state should have nothing to do with any religion and no one should care about the religion of the president... Or how often he "thanks his god"...
    Dont just write it in your constitution act also like this

12. AmiralMauth

AmiralMauth New Member

Alas, the sad truth is that our current Warmonger-in-Chief is yet another religious nutjob...

13. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Got anything else in your anus that you would like to pull out and show to us? Or shall we just ignore your attempt at distraction and return to the original subject?

14. AmiralMauth

AmiralMauth New Member

I think it's very telling that any attempts at pointing out the religiosity of President Obama are met with the most crude of comments.

The fact is that Rick Perry's own religiosity aside, there is no doubt that Obama is just another theistic Christian neoconservative. For me, the important difference between Rick Perry and Barack Obama is that one wants to be the President, and the other is, and has all of the power and influence that that position implies.

Until such a time that Rick Perry becomes President, I will reserve my most vehement criticism for the current President.

EDIT: I hope no one will construe my comments as support for Rick Perry.

15. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, not any attempt: just ones that combine the use of extravagant emotive language ("Warmonger-in-chief," "religious nut job") with a complete lack of substantiation, as yours did. My language may have been dirtier than yours, but by no measure was it cruder.
    I take it that his continuation of our involvement in Afghanistan is what earns him the epithet "neoconservative" in your eyes--though I doubt that you can find a single self-described neoconservative who would apply that label to him. "Theistic" follows from "Christian" and doesn't add anything to it (at least, I would not know what to make of the phrase "atheistic Christian"). What I wonder is if you intend some connection between his being a Christian and his supposedly being a neoconservative. If not, then apparently you regard being a Christian as itself a political offense of some sort. If not, then it remains to see what connection you think there is.

16. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    No........he's just one of the many who feel that 1811 was a much better time for America than 2011!

17. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

Obama.
    Nah, not quite athiest, he worships himself.

18. AmiralMauth

AmiralMauth New Member

I do not criticize the concept of continuing to attack AQ in Afghanistan. What makes the label "neoconservative" apply to President Obama is his continuation of OIF, as well as his reckless activity with respect to Libya (which he didn't even see fit to consult with Congress over).

I indeed view a Christian worldview as a political offense. It is not that following Christianity should immediately disqualify someone from holding public office in the US, but it really should be a concerning issue unless a clear line is drawn between political views and religious/moral views.

19. DevonTexas

DevonTexas Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Being from Texas, I'm not sure what to say anymore. I'm so sorry for Rick Perry. I didn't know he would be so retarded.

20. Meniscus

Gold Member

Like the "war" on Christmas?

Jon Stewart Combats Fox News' War On Christmas By Declaring His Own (VIDEO)

An Outlaw Christmas
    In the early 17th century, a wave of religious reform changed the way Christmas was celebrated in Europe. When Oliver Cromwell and his Puritan forces took over England in 1645, they vowed to rid England of decadence and, as part of their effort, cancelled Christmas. By popular demand, Charles II was restored to the throne and, with him, came the return of the popular holiday.

The pilgrims, English separatists that came to America in 1620, were even more orthodox in their Puritan beliefs than Cromwell. As a result, Christmas was not a holiday in early America. From 1659 to 1681, the celebration of Christmas was actually outlawed in Boston. Anyone exhibiting the Christmas spirit was fined five shillings. By contrast, in the Jamestown settlement, Captain John Smith reported that Christmas was enjoyed by all and passed without incident.

After the American Revolution, English customs fell out of favor, including Christmas. In fact, Congress was in session on December 25, 1789, the first Christmas under America's new constitution. Christmas wasn't declared a federal holiday until June 26, 1870.
    Christmas — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

Draft saved Draft deleted