1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Rick Perry signs anti-abortion pledge

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sargon20, Aug 24, 2011.

1. sargon20

Gold Member

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 Banned

Cool (though unclear as to what the Executive branch could do about it, other than rescinding some of the immigrant Muslim's Executive Orders and issuing others)

However, we shouldn't have to wait on the next Presidency -- Our legislators should just stop all federal transfers that would end up going to Planned Parenthood.

3. Klingsor

Klingsor Worshipped Member

Albums:
    Sounds good to me! Unplanned Parenthood works so much better! :crazy:

4. sargon20

Gold Member

#4 sargon20, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  5. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

I really am surprised more conservatives aren't in favor of abortion. They've made it abundantly clear the way they feel about the impoverished class in this country and how much they contribute to the degradation of our society. At least a significant percentage of aborted children would have been born into adverse conditions (the wealthy and well off opt for abortion rather than adoption in substantially lower rates) and would likely live out their lives that way.

So why isn't the conservative angle "lets put a stop to the suction on the system before it starts?" It just seems like thinking in keeping with what they preach so the stance on the other side confuses me a bit.

JSZ

6. dandelion

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Or alternatively have massive state handouts to the poor so they can afford not to have so many abortions? Instead of an abortion provide a trust fund to take the child through college?

7. Horrible

Horrible Experimental Member

Albums:
    I am in favor of readily available, low cost abortions subsidized with my own tax dollars if need be. Right here is one view of the GOP that I am decidedly misaligned with. I support Perry, but right now, he should be focusing on more important things, abortion is simply not a pertinent issue in this election. He needs to get his proverbial shot together if he wants to be taken seriously.

8. Horrible

Albums:
  9. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 Banned

Rick, please concentrate on the fiscal issues. And only those issues. Obama ain't got shit concerning fiscal issues.

10. houtx48

houtx48 Expert Member

"immigrant Muslim's Executive Orders"..................shakes head and wonder why people from Texas are perceived as dim.

11. Mensch1351

Mensch1351 Expert Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    Well --- so much for the breast cancer screening Planned Parenthood conducts!!

12. Mensch1351

Mensch1351 Expert Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    He's going to have a lot more to deal with concerning his record in Texas (ta da -- with the highest rate of minimum wage jobs in the nation AND job creation due to FEDERAL stimulus money!) than he will pandering to the Pro-lifers!

13. sargon20

Gold Member

14. eikichi

eikichi Lurker

15. true kenshin

Gold Member Verified

Verified:
    Photo
    It's that kinda attitude that causes the problems we have today... Legislative branch won't pass anything because Republicans in Congress have the majority. Oh and by the way in case you didn't notice, they released that birth certificate in April, but you might have been a little to busy watching fox news to notice it.

16. Horrible

Albums:
    You are entirely incorrect in what you are saying about minimum wage jobs and the jobs being created by federal stimulus money. The average wage here, is less but comparable to that in ca while the cost if living is significantly lower. This has been covered in another thread.

17. true kenshin

Gold Member Verified

Verified:
    Photo
    He was talking about the amount of jobs created, not how much you get paid on those jobs. When it comes to having the most jobs, yes Texas does have the most.

18. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper Banned

I am leaning on voting for Perry however didn't he recently state he is against legalizing gay marriage or unions? :frown1:

19. Klingsor

Klingsor Worshipped Member

Albums:
    I think he's just against gay unions. :awink:

20. itsthepopei

itsthepopei Legendary Member

Albums:
    This isn't so surprising. Small government conservatives want government so small it is as if it doesn't exist(except for the military), unless of course you aren't gay, poor, have a uterus, not christian, a minority, or highly educated. If you are in one of the aforementioned groups you should expect Orwellian control measures from your "small government."

21. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 Banned

conservatives have been saying there going to stop abortions for years and it never happens.

22. Bbucko

Bbucko Expert Member

Albums:
    He's not just against marriage equality, he's for reinstating sodomy laws, which were banned as unconstitutional in 2003. He's so anti-gay it's sickening.

On topic: Perry, Bachmann and Palin (who may yet still announce) are the top cheerleaders for the Culture Wars among the most viable candidates, but Santorum and Cain are right behind them. Romney was pro-choice as a senatorial candidate and as governor of Massachusetts but seems to have a change of heart.

There hasn't been a pro-choice GOP candidate for President in a generation and one-half.

23. ripsrips

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Would you rather have him sign a I'm for abortion and killing unborn babies pledge?

24. umami_tsunami

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What and deny the bible-punching idiot fringe it's moron king? I love watching odious fucktards like Perry squirm when a reporter gets a hold of him and asks what he would do if his spouse or daughter were gang raped and became pregnant.

That piece of shit Santorum was on CNN yesterday rolling around his little shitball about life beginning at conception and the soul being inserted by the lord blah, blah. Never mind that the brain of a fruitfly has approximately 50,000 times more cells than the zygote at that time, we want to give it the same rights and opportunities as a fully formed, adult human being. Ultimate stupidity.

Perry would still lose in a landslide once normal people learned anything else about him. He's a willfully ignorant liar.

25. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 Banned

Hopefully just against Unions.

ripsrips, they don't see it as a baby, they see it as a mass of cells.

26. Bbucko

Bbucko Expert Member

Albums:
    Perhaps because that's what it is.

I have a sister who is ten years younger than me. When she was still an infant, she was infected with Eastern Equine Encephalitis; the net result is that she has the affect of someone with profound autism. She can neither read nor write, and her speech is difficult for those unacquainted with her to understand.

When she was 16, she began abusing herself horribly, resulting in the loss of much of her hair and a fractured skull. It was eventually determined that she'd been sexually abused repeatedly for months. Bear in mind that although mentally she functions somewhere between the ages of three and (maybe) five, physically she was completely mature and capable of conception.

Anyone who would force her to bring a conception to term is a monster. The only good news in this entire sad story is that such never happened, somewhat miraculously.

I cannot justify an abortion for my sister but not for some other woman, who may or may not have been in the proper place in her life to bring a child into her life. I will never begrudge anyone the right to ultimately decide what to do with his/her own body: that's not my place.

Though he's hardly one of my political heroes, Bill Clinton got it right when he said that abortions should be "legal, safe and rare". A woman is not a baby oven, she's a person. An early-term pregnancy is indeed "a mass of cells", and no one should be forced to carry an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy to term.

#26 Bbucko, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  27. umami_tsunami

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes. And if you had not been indoctrinated by religious bullshit and had any amount of reasonable intelligence, you would see it exactly this way, too.

If you can honestly say that a microscopic cluster of cells tens of thousands of times smaller than the brain of fly has had a "soul" implanted in it and it deserves the exact same rights we give to fully developed adult human beings, then I am here to say you are wrong. Absolutely, arrogantly and ignorantly wrong. And we have thankfully acknowledged that error through secular progress and reason when the supreme court handed down Rowe v Wade almost 40 years ago. If you don't like abortion, don't get one and STFU.

28. houtx48

houtx48 Expert Member

He was for the states deciding until the right told him he wasn't.

29. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

Conservatives don't want to feed, shelter, provide education for or in really anyway meaningful way aid the poor. By and large, the people who opt for abortion over adoption and other alternatives aren't millionaires- they're poor people, who can't afford to have a baby and raise it.

While I think abortions should be a whole lot more rare than they are they should nonetheless remain an option... and it always surprises me, given the conservative stance on the poor, that they don't think so too.

It's a mass of cells now and you're all for protecting it and giving it rights and all that jazz. But the minute it's born? Fuck it. It deserves no health care, no legitimate education, and really nothing else from the government save for a Marine with an M16 standing at the border between Texas and Mexico.

JSZ

#29 D_Percy_Prettywillie, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  30. w1952tq

w1952tq Banned

he's a hairy republican conservative cuntbag that doesn't understand the concept of sex. the most he will ever get is from a blown up sheep. if he wins I'm out of this country.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice