Rick Perry signs anti-abortion pledge

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cool (though unclear as to what the Executive branch could do about it, other than rescinding some of the immigrant Muslim's Executive Orders and issuing others)

However, we shouldn't have to wait on the next Presidency -- Our legislators should just stop all federal transfers that would end up going to Planned Parenthood.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
I really am surprised more conservatives aren't in favor of abortion. They've made it abundantly clear the way they feel about the impoverished class in this country and how much they contribute to the degradation of our society. At least a significant percentage of aborted children would have been born into adverse conditions (the wealthy and well off opt for abortion rather than adoption in substantially lower rates) and would likely live out their lives that way.

So why isn't the conservative angle "lets put a stop to the suction on the system before it starts?" It just seems like thinking in keeping with what they preach so the stance on the other side confuses me a bit.

JSZ

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Or alternatively have massive state handouts to the poor so they can afford not to have so many abortions? Instead of an abortion provide a trust fund to take the child through college?

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am in favor of readily available, low cost abortions subsidized with my own tax dollars if need be. Right here is one view of the GOP that I am decidedly misaligned with. I support Perry, but right now, he should be focusing on more important things, abortion is simply not a pertinent issue in this election. He needs to get his proverbial shot together if he wants to be taken seriously.

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rick, please concentrate on the fiscal issues. And only those issues. Obama ain't got shit concerning fiscal issues.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
"immigrant Muslim's Executive Orders"..................shakes head and wonder why people from Texas are perceived as dim.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Cool (though unclear as to what the Executive branch could do about it, other than rescinding some of the immigrant Muslim's Executive Orders and issuing others)

However, we shouldn't have to wait on the next Presidency -- Our legislators should just stop all federal transfers that would end up going to Planned Parenthood.

Well --- so much for the breast cancer screening Planned Parenthood conducts!!

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am in favor of readily available, low cost abortions subsidized with my own tax dollars if need be. Right here is one view of the GOP that I am decidedly misaligned with. I support Perry, but right now, he should be focusing on more important things, abortion is simply not a pertinent issue in this election. He needs to get his proverbial shot together if he wants to be taken seriously.

He's going to have a lot more to deal with concerning his record in Texas (ta da -- with the highest rate of minimum wage jobs in the nation AND job creation due to FEDERAL stimulus money!) than he will pandering to the Pro-lifers!

true kenshin

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

It's that kinda attitude that causes the problems we have today... Legislative branch won't pass anything because Republicans in Congress have the majority. Oh and by the way in case you didn't notice, they released that birth certificate in April, but you might have been a little to busy watching fox news to notice it.

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He's going to have a lot more to deal with concerning his record in Texas (ta da -- with the highest rate of minimum wage jobs in the nation AND job creation due to FEDERAL stimulus money!) than he will pandering to the Pro-lifers!

You are entirely incorrect in what you are saying about minimum wage jobs and the jobs being created by federal stimulus money. The average wage here, is less but comparable to that in ca while the cost if living is significantly lower. This has been covered in another thread.

true kenshin

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You are entirely incorrect in what you are saying about minimum wage jobs and the jobs being created by federal stimulus money. The average wage here, is less but comparable to that in ca while the cost if living is significantly lower. This has been covered in another thread.

He was talking about the amount of jobs created, not how much you get paid on those jobs. When it comes to having the most jobs, yes Texas does have the most.

itsthepopei

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This isn't so surprising. Small government conservatives want government so small it is as if it doesn't exist(except for the military), unless of course you aren't gay, poor, have a uterus, not christian, a minority, or highly educated. If you are in one of the aforementioned groups you should expect Orwellian control measures from your "small government."