Rick Sanchez fired from CNN :(

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rick Sanchez has been fired from CNN following his controversial comments on a radio show Thursday.
"Rick Sanchez is no longer with the company. We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well,' a CNN statement said.
Sanchez did not appear on the air Friday.
Thursday, Sanchez called Jon Stewart a "bigot" and said that CNN and the other networks are all run by Jewish people.
Discussing Stewart with radio host Pete Dominick, Sanchez said that the "Daily Show" host has a limited worldview, and called him a "bigot."
The conversation began with Sanchez decrying "elite, Northeast establishment liberals" who "deep down, when they look at a guy like me, they see a guy automatically who belongs in the second tier, and not the top tier.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/01/rick-sanchez-fired-from-c_n_747607.html
I Tivo Rick Sanchez show but he is not on any more :(

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And here's the statement that got Rick into trouble:
"Yeah, very powerless people. [laughs] He's such a minority. I mean, you know, please. What--are you kidding? I'm telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart. And to imply that somehow they, the people in this country who are Jewish, are an oppressed minority?"

Ummmmmm, yeah... I'd fire him too for making such an ignorant comment. :rolleyes:

brooklynjackp

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A bit of sanity among the madness?
During the Iceland volcano mess, Sanchez was hilariously but frighteningly stupid ...
and Stewart called him on it. He deserves obscurity.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Little Ricky is an ignorant douche, and I'm glad to see him gone. CNN, however, has already reached a tipping point in its decline that even the highly publicized divestiture of this choad cannot reverse.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Lets call a spade a spade: what he said was pretty fuckin' stupid....and for a media 'professional' to make remarks like that in a public medium shows pretty egregious judgement.

interesting thing about what you said is the fact that you can turn to Fox News at any point during the day and they will be doing the exact same thing as Sanchez...and no one even bats an eye

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
interesting thing about what you said is the fact that you can turn to Fox News at any point during the day and they will be doing the exact same thing as Sanchez...and no one even bats an eye

Probably because they aren't considered a credible news source.
Just like the National enquirer - entertainment only.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Probably because they aren't considered a credible news source.
Just like the National enquirer - entertainment only.

unfortunately a vast number of Americans (if not a vast majority of Americans) do see Fox News as a legetimate news outlet. I personally don't think anything but written journalism is legit (and one still has to wade through the author's biases). TV news (cable and over the air) is more of a source of entertainment than it is a source for upstanding journalistic integritity. TV 'news' is all about getting the highest ratings and making the biggest profit and not about keeping the pubic informed and the corporate/governmental entities in check.

Last edited:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
unfortunately a vast number of Americans (if not a vast majority of Americans) do see Fox News as a legetimate news outlet. I personally don't think anything but written journalism is legit (and one still has to wade through the author's biases). TV news (cable and over the air) is more of a source of entertainment than it is a source for upstanding journalistic integritity. TV 'news' is all about getting the highest ratings and making the biggest profit and not about keeping the pubic informed and the corporate/governmental entities in check.

BINGO!!! :cool:

yet the infotainment FOX,CNN,CNBC, et. al. push is done with entendres....to go on the air and complain about a vast Jewish-Media-Political conspiracy is more along the lines of a drunken Mel Gibson...not a 'professional journalist'.

tray22nc

Sexy Member
Media
For anyone to say the things that he said was pretty dumb, but for someone who is also part of a minority group, making those statements makes him even more of a douche.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What about for all the other ignorant garbage he's said long before this? :p
Bingo. Maybe he was hitting a bit too close to home?

For anyone to say the things that he said was pretty dumb, but for someone who is also part of a minority group, making those statements makes him even more of a douche.
Jerks lurk everywhere and being a member of a minority group doesn't exclude one from douchebaggery.

D

deleted15807

No worries. Fox News hires CNN rejects and makes them stars.