Ridge on dick shaft

Kauri Tree

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I always wondered how common this feature is in men and what is the purpose for it. Does everybody have a ridge? Mine is pretty pronounced and of darker color than the skin of my shaft. It starts at the end of the frenulum and runs all the way down along the back side of my shaft and further around my crotch till it gets lost in my anus. I never dared ask any doctor about it. When I was a boy I thought it was a birth defect. But then my brother had it too. At that time I didn't inspect other dicks closely to make comparisons but I thought nobody else had it. So I was kind of embarassed to have one. Later in life, however, I came to have close encounters with fully erect dicks with ridges, but always less marked than mine. I'd appreciate your opinions or comments about this most curious feature of the penis anatomy. Thanks.

notsolittle

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
everyone has it, some more pronounced than others. it where the two halfs of the vagina meet when ur developing into a male in the womb. u can grab it and pull it tight and it goes kinda like a guitar string!! weird but nice!

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As mentioned, it's known as raphe [ray fee]. It generally runs from the frenulum to perineum [taint].

It's a seam that forms during fetal period. All guys have one; its visibility varies.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I saw a guy whose penis still had a very pronounced joining of the halves. It was not wider from side to side like most I've seen. His was larger from top to bottom. The tip of the glans look almost like a small vagina.